Log food from yesterday

NewMe4Life247
NewMe4Life247 Posts: 4 Member
edited May 2022 in Getting Started
Is there a way to add to you food that you ate yesterday if so how?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,030 Member
    Sure.

In the web version of MFP, on your diary page, look for the area near the top (just under the menu bars) where you see the date. Next to the date, on either side of it, are triangles. (They're actually arrows.) Click on the one to the left of the date, and it will take you to yesterday. Log your food. There's no way to "close your diary" and have it publish to your timeline, but that doesn't have any impact on anything important. The day will still show up in reports and totals.

You can also click on the little calendar icon to the right of the date, and it will let you go to any past or future date.

In the Android phone/tablet app (I'd assume Apple is similar), go to your diary page. Again, at the top, where it says "Today", there are little "arrows" to either side (greater than and less than signs, i.e., < and >). Click on the one at the left, it takes you to yesterday, where you can log foods in the usual way.

The calendar function, to go to any day, is in the app, too. In today's diary page, click on the word "Today" and you get the calendar navigation thingie.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Sure.

In the web version of MFP, on your diary page, look for the area near the top (just under the menu bars) where you see the date. Next to the date, on either side of it, are triangles. (They're actually arrows.) Click on the one to the left of the date, and it will take you to yesterday. Log your food. There's no way to "close your diary" and have it publish to your timeline, but that doesn't have any impact on anything important. The day will still show up in reports and totals.

You can also click on the little calendar icon to the right of the date, and it will let you go to any past or future date.

In the Android phone/tablet app (I'd assume Apple is similar), go to your diary page. Again, at the top, where it says "Today", there are little "arrows" to either side (greater than and less than signs, i.e., < and >). Click on the one at the left, it takes you to yesterday, where you can log foods in the usual way.

The calendar function, to go to any day, is in the app, too. In today's diary page, click on the word "Today" and you get the calendar navigation thingie.

All good information. Just wanted to add that in the Android app (and I would also assume Apple is similar) you can simply swipe/drag your entire current diary page left to right to move to yesterday and right to left to move to tomorrow.