How do I delete a food I created that has been publicly shared?

Hello,
I created two foods but entered incorrect calories on them both. I cant edit or delete them because thwy jave been 'publicly shared'. How do I edit or delete these please?
Thank you

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    You can edit shared food items using the web version, as long as they do not have a green check mark. Navigate to FOOD > Database, search for the item, then click edit.

If you created a shared food item, or edited a shared food item, that item will temporarily display in the list of My Foods. You can not delete it from My Foods. However, if another user edits that item, the other user will become the temporary "owner" of that item and it will disappear from your My Foods list and then appear on the other user's My Foods list.
  • AngryBecky
    AngryBecky Posts: 24 Member
    It's very weird... I just want to get rid of the foods I'm no longer using!!
  • kylecpcs
    kylecpcs Posts: 3 Member
    This is dumb and needs to be fixed. I have a food item on here from 5 years ago, that is no longer even in production anymore, that is essentially orphaned on my "My Foods" list. My OCD wants it gone!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    CyberTone wrote: »
    You can edit shared food items using the web version, as long as they do not have a green check mark. Navigate to FOOD > Database, search for the item, then click edit.

If you created a shared food item, or edited a shared food item, that item will temporarily display in the list of My Foods. You can not delete it from My Foods. However, if another user edits that item, the other user will become the temporary "owner" of that item and it will disappear from your My Foods list and then appear on the other user's My Foods list.

Actually, the reason you can't edit it is that you're the one who created it (wacky, I know). The system seems to assume we're all perfect and therefore couldn't possibly want to correct our own mistakes. However, since it's public, you could ask a friend to edit it.