WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,297 Member
    B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,818 Member
    Welcome, @Cassie_Cassie , @chuckees130 (Belinda from VA), and @supersueg2003 (Sue from MO), and apologies if I've missed anyone else. Glad you're here! Drop into any conversation you're interested in, and don't feel you have to respond to everyone - there are a lot of us and we're a very chatty bunch! :D If you're new to MFP, there's a bookmark at the top of the page, or you can simply bookmark this link from your web browser on your computer: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10863377/women-ages-50-for-may-2022#latest .

Cassie - For a number of us, this thread is our only interaction on MFP, so we don't necessarily reach out to make friends, active or otherwise. Just want you to know that you may not get a lot of friend requests. That said, advice, support, victories on the scale, NSVs, recipes, grandbaby pics, art pieces, and all the parts of our lives can be found here because we're in the process of changing (or maintaining) our lives as well as our weight. Barbie creates a new, clean thread each month, and we count each other as friends we haven't met yet (and some of us have met IRL, which is always thrilling).

Please let us know what you'd like us to call you, and a general location. Once more, welcome to all those new to this thread!

Regards,
    Lisa in AR

kt3lbc50z3y7.png
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,355 Member
    edited May 2022
    Hello, my chickens... How are you this morning?

My word for this year was "recover," and it's definitely the right word. This morning, I sat on the side of the bed and wrote the alphabet with my toes. NSV! For far too long, I've woken up halfway to the bathroom, at a dead run.

Debating whether to go get gas and fill up the mower and finish mowing. Still got a couple acres left to mow, but really want to spend a day inside... but Corey really likes it when I mow, because he doesn't have to do it on the weekends. Still thinking about it.

Laundry's whooshing in the washer and a load of dark clothes in the dryer will soon be done. The now whooshing towels will go straight into a carrying basket and hung out on the line. It's supposed to be a sunny day... high of 91 degrees predicted. I'm nearly through my third and final cup of tea (decaf), then time for breakfast, and decide whether I want to work outside or in.

I'm such a princess sometimes - the main reason I don't want to mow is that I'll get dirty. *sigh* First world problems if there ever was.

Beth - love the drawings, especially the giraffes.

Heather - the sun salute is wonderful...

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,818 Member
    My life these days:
    Work
    Work
    Work
    Work
    Work

Of mild interest, one of the tasks I took on at work recently was to be part of an interview panel. I've read through an abundance of applications, met with my other two panel members to shortlist the applicants, and today we started interviews.

I've never been on this side of the table before ... it's been an interesting process so far. Definitely a learning experience.

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,601 Member
    :*<3o:)
  • supersueg2003
    supersueg2003 Posts: 11 Member
    edited May 2022

exermom wrote: »
    Went to ceramics and picked up my Smurfette. I’ll post a pic tomorrow of her and my alligator finished. Unfortunately, when she was fired she developed a crack. We have no idea how that happened. It wasn’t there when I painted her.

Sue – welcome! My FIL was from Doe Run, Missouri. Talk about small! He married MIL who was a “city girl” from the BIG town of Farmington….lol

Seriously, I don’t like ANY artificial sugar. To me, they all have an aftertaste. I’d rather have a little of the real stuff or nothing. And many times I have nothing.

Karen VA – wonderful pictures. I can’t draw a straight line with a ruler.

Pip – safe travels

Michele NC

[/quote]

Doe Run and Farmington is just about an hour south of me! My town is a bit bigger than that but not much.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,678 Member
    Morning ladies
    Boy that adivan helped me sleep.. i took it at 2 pm for a 2:30 dental appointment and it kept me chill all night
    Slept real well.
    I got up fed Alfie,and took my pills and am still lollygagging..after 2 days of babysitting it takes a bit out of me will get up in a bit and take a shower.. picking up Doris and taking her out for her 91 birthday which was Monday... i have a gift card for a seafood place so we will go there.. and then have some errands to run.she loves to get out with me im her #3 daughter.. not by blood but by love..
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Carla one thing that helps me is to change my expectations like so: I used to wake up and tell myself I'm still sleepy it's going to be a tough day. Now I tell myself of course I'm sleepy, I need to open the shades, put on some music and have some tea. Then I will be fine today. Just a change in attitude that helped me.

I have horseback riding today yay!

This guy on OkCupid keeps me waiting a couple days for every message. On the one hand, it's something a scammer would never do, but on the other hand, it's truly annoying. Sigh. And he had a glorious full head of hair. I'm trying to keep my emotional distance. But at this rate I will have time to lose five pounds before we meet!

Annie in Delaware

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, CI<CO
    Bonus: PT, 2 sets PT, meeting prep and meeting, safety equipment grant app, parade and street fair app to vp.
    Just one thing: back to bupkes
    Workin’ on it: 143.5!!! NLNS! NLNS!! NLNS!!!, H205 , active 2:29
    Meaningful May
    12: Listen to a favorite piece of music and remember what it means to you. Messiah or Surrealistic Pillow, decisions, decisions ;)

PT didn’t seem tough yesterday but knee has been grumpy and hot all week. Makes it hard to apply the “motion-is-lotion.”

Beth the first set’s lovely, the giraffes make me smile!
    Rebecca well done on the bloodwork and BP! V. Happy Bday to Athena Rose.
    Allie bravissima for the dental checkup.
    Pip safe travels and bon voyage!
    Welcome @Cassie_Cassie ! Barbie gives us a fresh start every month. (whew!)
    Heather so sorry to hear about P, hoping the case is most mild. :love: you saluting the sea.
    Princess Lisa, not waking pell mell to the bathroom is a huge NSV. Thank goodness the Humira is helping. I do toe alphabets too, every morning, under the covers ;)
    Carla, whooshing energy, hugs and more personnel to you.
    Annie say hi to (is it Henry?) for us?

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,507 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    At our hotel in Eugene, took our Covid tests and got confirmed we r both negative so now we will b able to get on the ship!

I don't recall where you are boarding, if you are heading north on I-5 from Eugene, wave to the west when you drive by Keizer Station. I live about three miles from there.

Have a great vacation!

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

We r boarding in Seattle
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,803 Member
    Hi and welcome to new ladies! I am called RvRita because 5 years ago my DH and I sold everything and moved to an RV….. and I’m loving it! We traveled the US the first year and now have been in Roswell NM volunteers at a state park.

I lost 60 pounds doing low carb high fat (keto) but then CoVid and much family issues helped me gain back 30 of the lost pounds. I’m getting back to it though as my BP has been rising along with the weight.

I’ve been on this chat group (only one I use) for many many years and love these ladies as if we all met and are best friends. I did meet 1 in person and did FaceTime with another. It makes each person much more real when that happens. I’ve read books by some in our group which also makes the authors more present to me.

As been posted before, we are a large group so read, post, and jump in whenever you feel comfortable.

RvRita in Roswell NM👽👾🛸
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    Beth - You have a real talent and, anyway, art is good for you. :D<3 Make time for it. Time for you. <3

Listening to a podcast on healthy eating. Greens in your diet reduce inflammation. :p Luckily, I love greens.
    Tonight is roasted Mediterranean vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, onions, garlic, tomatoes) with feta. I make a side dip of yoghurt, tahini, lemon juice and garlic.
    Yum.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,441 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    At our hotel in Eugene, took our Covid tests and got confirmed we r both negative so now we will b able to get on the ship!

I don't recall where you are boarding, if you are heading north on I-5 from Eugene, wave to the west when you drive by Keizer Station. I live about three miles from there.

Have a great vacation!

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

Flea
    Next month I will be in Shedd Oregon visiting my sister, Keizer is near Salem correct? My niece lives in Salem, so we might be traveling there! We need to meet up!💖👍🙏
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,507 Member
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2022
    For anyone interested, here is a web study on Alzheimer Disease (Alzheimer Prevention Trials). I just signed up for it and took my first cognitive test. It took about 10 minutes. Free. You have to be over 50.

Karen in Virginia