MAY 2022 CHALLENGES -- 05/01 -- 0531

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,823 Member
    Kathy we sure like the retirement idea. And a new shade garden sounds perfect. Good luck. Maybe some before photos first?

Chris what an interesting sky. I hope you got your walk in. Great workout.

Today was lazy. Sanara and her husband Kyle visited for hours. We had some of Rockys birthday cake. Celebrating mothers day is easy when it follows his birthday. I did get in an hour of weight lifting.

I went to my friends home. Her yard needs lots of TLC. She was embarrassed for me to see its state. I plan on giving her some much help in cleaning it up. She had a small herd of deer in the back.

Her back yard goes right up to a creek. A diamond in the rough. Just the kind of project I love.

Kathy I am going to give a garden spot a face lift. There is an invasive weed in it. And it is killing a clematis. It has been in my yard before we bought the house. Going to try and save it.

Have a great day thinking about all the wonderful women in your lifes.

Not sure how all of you feel about Roe v. Wade. I support a woman's choice to do the right thing.

Shell

• kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Kathy - I can't wait to retire!!!! At least a decade to go (or a lottery win 🏆)

Went to a neighbors wedding last night and have stayed over in a hotel....super fun time. Lots of dancing....GREAT food. We had fun. cm9bka64wqse.jpg
    Attaching a pic.

Today flying off to Budapest for work. Haven't been there for 2.5 years. International trips usually screw me up with the time zones ans eating. The food is great there, but a bit salty. Will try to fast as much as possible while there....but it will be tough...always is!

Will do my best to check in while there. Have a great week and a happy Mother's Day!

Karen
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,187 Member
    I'm with you, Shelley. No politician has the right to dictate what a woman wants to do with her body.
    Great picture, Karen! Have fun in Budapest. Stay outta trouble.
    I did get my walk in yesterday...7.54 miles to the post office and back and around the high school in 135 mins!!! Today was to the post office and back in 25 mph winds!!! I only did 5.59 miles in 98 mins...brutal...did NOT go around the high school! Got cleaned up then made a new soup...tasty!!
    Going to Sara, Pete and Ronan's for Mother's Day supper. We are taking a salad. Sara said, "Small salad, Mom." I couldn't figure out what a small salad was, so I just cut everything up, dumped it in the bowl and there ya have it!!
    Hope everyone is having a great day! Eat cake!
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,197 Member
    Here pictures of my knockout roses and the calla lillies that have bloomed. The daylillies are blooming late so far this year. We haven’t had our normal heat yet.
    4jbibjs6vxfw.jpeg
    224a4c447z9w.jpeg

Chris and Shelley I'm with the both of you; politicians need to stop trying to control our choices…our bodies. It’s so stupid that they don’t want to be told to wear a mask…but they want to tell women they have no say when it comes to their bodies. SMDH 🤦🏽‍♀️

Okay off my soap box. I hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers Day.

Kathy
  • KAR1959
    edited May 2022
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 148
    May 31 goal weight: 169.9

Apr 30 ending: 175.6
    May 1: 175.9
    May 9: 175.8
    May 16:
    May 23:
    May 31:

Mother’s Day weekend with the family included a lot of food as family dropped in. Can’t complain just need to get it together. It was a good time and Mom deserved it! 🙂

My swim lesson was postponed by my instructor so I’m up early headed to PF.

Kathy

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,672 Member
    I car camped at a music & art event Fri & Sat. Magic. Walk, dance, view, visit and be amazed. Everyone shared. I gave away glow sticks and thumb stones. So fun. Had to come home a day early from exhaustion, but it felt amazing.

My yard's a mess after septic tank repairs; so I bought a pound of crimson clover seed to cover the dug up dirt. Like a weed, it grows easily and comes back for years. It's also stunning, a thick blanket of brilliant red ground cover, the color of Kathy's roses.

I'm getting back into working out. Weights and TRX. Thank you for the inspiration. <3

Hope you all had lovely mum's days.
    paula
  • KAR1959
    Monday was busy but got in 45 minutes on Recumbent bike and went to a 60 minute water aerobics class.

Three weeks until vacation…great incentive! 😉

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Good job, Kathy and Paula!!
    I did 7.20 miles this afternoon in 130 mins. Crazy clouds today! I swear it sprinkled on me for two seconds!
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    Full body strength training - 60 minutes and treadmill- 30 minutes on Tuesday.

Taking car in for service this morning.

Kathy.
  • cpanus
    60 mins w/my trainer this afternoon.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,672 Member
    Karen,

What a beautiful picture of you and your DH. So nice to see people in love. <3<3

paula
  • cpanus
    6.39 miles in 118 mins this afternoon. It was beautiful out there and very few people. Loved it!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,823 Member
    Karen love the photo. And always so amazed at all the places you get to see. Retirement will sneak up on you.

Chris I ate cake! It was delish. I lifted weights every day to cut some of the calories. ;) Mothers Day sounded great.

Kathy I love your lilies. They only grow in pots here. Lots of tulips though this year. They are so cheery. I can just imagine your mother smiling with all her company. Great times.

Paula you are a flower child. I can so see you car camping. I remember doing that. Did you wear faded jeans or a flowing dress?

Still working by choice. Last night we went to the car clubs meeting. We had a potluck meeting. Yes, ate cake. Worked out almost every day to Body Pump or KCM. Not going to quit! My trumpet vines have sprouted leaves. Apple tree is in bloom. Clematis I moved is alive and doing well. I hate squats.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Yesterday was a PF day upper body/abs - 40 minutes and Treadmill - 50 minutes.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Great workouts, Kathy and Shelley!!
    I did a 60 min workout w/my trainer today.
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    Hi ladies! I'm back home. After 20 hours of travel ...made it home from Budapest. It was dicey....but I got home at midnight. Now the reset back to life. The 6 hour time difference is always a challenge, and the salty Hungarian food (which is fabulous BTW.) I fasted most days and ate really well. A littlr more than normal, but not off the rails....they eat so much later. So now the salt detox...up a few pounds for sure..
    But should be off in a few days.

I have a haircut and the chiropractor today...so glad I got home...I need both!

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!

Karen
  • KAR1959
    Friday was a 45 minute swim lesson. Taking my parents to their great-grandson’s baseball game today. I’ll try to get in a walk at the ballpark. .

Welcome home Karen. Good luck with your reset. I’m going to do IF for the next two weeks leading up to my vacation. Hoping it will help the bloating in my midsection.

Great weekend ladies!

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Glad you made it back in one piece, Karen. I've never been out of the United States. Must have been very different.
    Good plan, Kathy. You will look great for your vacation.
    I have a haircut today, too. Sara and I go together. Then I plan to walk.
    Our 39th Anniversary is July 8th. I want to be much closer to 140 than I am today. I have so much piled around my middle. Lost 2 inches in height...gained a mass around my middle!! EGADS!! sigh...just have to keep my head on straight. :p
    Chris
  • cpanus
    6.33 miles in 124...so slow. Pretty warm out there.
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    Walked the 1.2 miles to and from yoga yesterday including doing the class. Super exhausted from being up since 2am. Ate way too much yesterday and it shows on the scale. That was not my plan ;(

Back to the basics today for sure...

Karen