May 12

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 551 Member
    edited May 2022
    Wake Up Call
    Hey UAC Family,

I love volunteering. It brings me back to my community. I’ve been consistent with personal exercise. But I was reading this article and within the video that is unrelated to the article had the phrase (or something remotely close to it) “You can’t outrun a bad diet.” It was like somebody hit me between the forehead and a flash of light went off.

nr83r62f1vwy.jpeg

"To know and not do, is not to know."- Stephen Covey

Question: Is there a meme, photo, phrase, saying or story that makes you “snap out of it" or have an "aha moment"?

Backup Plan Ideas from May 10th Post
    I couldn’t resist compiling a list of my favorite Backup Plan thoughts and ideas. (Thanks @MadisonMolly2017 for the prompt)

And I even copied more or paraphrased @ideas2 @victorious55 and @ashleycarole86 in my personal files. Thanks to all who shared that day.

This is for you @KCJen

“Now that I’m on maintenance, daily tracking, and weighing means I have a lot of data to support my choices.”

"It’s all a matter of the choices I make. Sometimes I choose to take time out, but it’s a conscious choice and time limited, and I get right back at it fairly quickly." @TerriRichardson112

"Since I work full time, my days are somewhat scheduled. I rarely go 'off the rails' M-F during the day. What gets me is evenings. So my plan is to under-schedule my meals during the day. Leave as much leeway as I can for the evening - I know I'll use it up later!" @SilverSage1

(@SilverSage1 I like to think of your comment as the "king, prince, pauper" approach;-)

"I have no emergency plan. I take each situation as it comes. Life is too short to always be punishing ourselves and waiting for a better tomorrow." @SummerSkier

"I’m writing my Emergency Back-up Plan down.
    1. RELAX. It’s not as bad as your Monkey Brain tells you it is. Take perspective.

2. ASSESS my FIVE S’s: sleep, stress, salt, sugar, sadness"
    @MadisonMolly2017

"I start my reset immediately. There is no next month, next week, etc.
    My suggestion is to come up with the menu that will help you jumpstart your reset button. You can build your menu from your good days in MFP.

Make a list of motivating, encouraging sentences to move you forward." @victorious55

"The book (Atomic Habits) talks about how important the environment, and taking control over it is, and how much the habits are affected by signals from the environment." @ideas2
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,456 Member
    My omg moment is a encounter in the grocery store of a very full shopping cart (not mine) in the isle full of crappy sugar, processed food being pushed by a very overweight unhealthy looking person. I hope this is not to judgemental but it is what snaps me back to reality. Only I can make the choices I deem necessary for a healthy life and I get it different people eat different things but you wanted to know what works for me this is it. I don’t ever want to be that person. Quite frankly it is upsetting to see as one can be quite sure that unless that person makes some changes that can be sustained this person will probably suffer many health problems in the course of their life. What have we done to our population to encourage such poor nutritional choices? I don’t think it costs anymore to eat healthy than it does to eat unhealthy. What do you think?
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    ✅✅✅ 3️⃣ pass days left

“I will not lose, for even in defeat, there’s a valuable lesson learnt, so it evens out for me!” (Jay-Z)

https://youtu.be/2H5uWRjFsGc
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,456 Member
    @TerriRichardson112 Love it!

@biketheworld well said on the subject interesting how different schools feed our students a “healthy” lunch I guess my children were lucky they had good sound lunches….mom packed them

@SilverSage1 interesting way to look at it.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Exercise yes
    Tracked yes
    Under yes

Pass days 1/3
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,221 Member
    ✅ Exercise: 25 minutes walking
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 passdays used ( )
  • jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 970 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, I did a Denise Austin workout today.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,747 Member
    ✅✅✅
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,262 Member
    May 12, 2022

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Habits to maintain this month:
    Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (11 days -free)
    Within Sugar macro today? Yes (9 days)

Pass days 1/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    #HealthFirst
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 3,973 Member
    Thursday May 12
    ✅✅✅