May 13

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Yesterday’s comments got me thinking about freggies. Several months ago we tracked and reported our daily servings of freggies and I’m going to challenge us to do that again. Here in the States, the recommendation is 5 servings/day. Those of you in other countries, I’m interested to know if your recommendation is the same.

Why are freggies so important? This from WebMD:

MONDAY, March 1, 2021 (HealthDay News) -- Five servings. That is all the fruits and vegetables you need to eat every day to live longer, new research suggests.

Scientists analyzed data from more than 2 million people in the United States and dozens of other countries and found that eating about five servings of fruits and vegetables a day was associated with the lowest risk of early death, and that the optimal balance was two servings of fruit and three servings of vegetables a day.

Compared to people who had two servings of fruits and vegetables a day, those who had five servings a day had a: 13% lower risk of death from all causes; a 12% lower risk of death from heart disease and stroke; a 10% lower risk of death from cancer, and a 35% lower risk of death from respiratory disease, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

So eat your veggies and report your success!

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,518 Member
    @ biketheworld @lesdarts180 absolutely correct how we often assume that a piece of this or part of that is a serving good reminder, we should always read the label of the food if packaged or eat a good percentage of it if fresh
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,989 Member
    Yes x3 ate at maintaince
  • atoina
    atoina Posts: 35 Member
    ✅ Exercise. 35 minutes walking
    ✅ Within calorie budget.
    ✅ Everything tracked.

UK recommendation is 5 fruits-veggies
    /day.

2️⃣/3️⃣ passes
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,796 Member
    5/13
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28

May goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge 6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    3xyes. Day 25 of Epic II + 9.3 km run
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,779 Member
    ✅✅✅
  • jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 996 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 30 minutes Denise Austin. I was up and down off the floor during the workout and my knees were hurting this afternoon.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No I was about 200 over
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
    I got 3 servings of fruit today and one vegetable. That’s if potato is considered a vegetable. 😋
  • eokoro
    eokoro Posts: 626 Member
    May 13th

Exercise – yes
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – Yes

1/3 pass days
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    Thinking of you on what is surely a very difficult day @stella7x7
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 38 minute walk, 10 minutes strength, 5 minutes stretching
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass days used - 1
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    @stella7x7 - I’m so sorry about your son. I can’t imagine such heartache.

@jamcnewman - very insightful input. My husband does all the shopping but every week he gives me the rundown on how much more expensive everything is. We’ll plant our garden next week and now I wish it was twice as big. Our asparagus has been pretty productive so that’s been a nice bonus. The Canadian recommendation about fruits & veggies is very intriguing and makes a lot of sense. When I picture most of my meals, I would say they are NOT 1/2 vegetable. I’m going to start paying more attention to that.

Today was pass day #2. Had to leave very early this morning to chaperone a 1st grade field trip, lunch was 2 apples and some peanuts, then hopped in the car for a 3 1/2 drive to meet up with friends for a bike ride tomorrow. Went through fast food to save time which isn’t something I wanted to do, but it was easy.

Freggies: 3
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,234 Member
    edited May 2022
    ✅ Exercise: 40 minutes swimming, lots of gardening, shoveling, raking, etc
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 passdays used ( )

I try to get way more than 5 serving of fruits and veggies--- I do the Wahl´s protocol (to help with mystery illness or autoimmune problems) with a goal of 9 cups of veggies a day-- so I don´t think I have had any trouble getting the 5.

The last few days I have been harvesting the lettuce mixes from our garden while still planting other crops. I am so loving the fresh from the garden produce!