WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Replies

• teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    Heather - Great photo.

Lisa - I don’t like doing things that make me feel dirty either.

Rebecca - I can’t believe Athena is 3 already.

Karen - I’m going to see if I can sign up for that study here in Canada.

Allie - I just had a memory pop up on Facebook of my granddaughter when she was young. She was wearing a teething necklace. My daughter used them on both of her kids and they never had a problem with teething. Might be something to try.

Had ceramics tonight, I started a piece of the Last Supper last week, I worked on it some tonight, but put it aside to start my gnome. The last supper is very detailed and confusing. I may have taken on more than I should have.

I’m so glad tomorrow is Friday. I’m looking forward to the weekend.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    Vicki - are you affected by the big storm on the plains? Sioux Falls where I moved from got hit really bad. The pictures of the wall clouds are downright scary.

I am happy to be in WA with rain and very small hail. I have been cutting down blackberry vines and throwing them into the goat pen. They love them. Wish I could just turn them out and let them eat at will but they would eat lots of other things too that I would rather they didn't like the blueberries and branches off the apple tree.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,927 Member
    ☘️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    I was thinking about being bored/boredom lately.

I never feel bored. I'm not sure what would have to happen for me to feel bored.

But ...

Back in January, I left a quiet job with quarterly deadlines and a few tasks in between. I wasn't bored but did feel that my skills could be used elsewhere. I went to a job that is loud and busy all the time with a steady stream of tasks coming in all day long via phone and email.

At the same time, one of the ladies in my current area (the loud, busy environment) left it and went to a project officer position in a quiet office where they worked on their part of the project and made their way to a goal.

She commented several times that she was So Bored over there and hated the quietness. Although she was supposed to be there a year, she lasted 4 months and came back to the loud, busy environment.

Meanwhile, in a few weeks I move to my next job which looks like it could very well be in a quiet office where we work on our parts of the projects and make our way to goals. I am looking forward to leaving the loud, busy environment and going into a quiet, slower paced environment again.

Probably the closest I've come to being bored is dealing with the steady stream of tasks coming in all day long via phone and email in the loud and busy environment.

A smaller example has come up with me being on the interview panel. I have found that rather interesting and have enjoyed the quiet. But each time I've returned to the loud and busy environment, I'm met with questions about whether or not I found doing the interview panel thing boring.

So I've been thinking about it and have found it interesting that what one person finds comfortable bores another and vice versa.

I've also found it interesting that the closest I've come to boredom is a loud, busy environment ... the type of environment which is often "advertised" as being an exciting environment.

Do you get bored? What do you find boring?

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    It is Friday the 13th and my DGD's 19th birthday! How did that happen ?
    I am looking forward to a great day!

Stay safe my friends!
    Make the best choice you can in the moment.
    Remember your accomplishments!
    Don't let others steal your sunshine!

Kylia watching the sunrise in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,636 Member
    Morning ladies
    Im here with Miles and i can hold him..i will get my hand looked at if I can afterwards,im guessing if anything could be a hairline fracture...
    Going to take Carmine to school and come back
  • Saltlife49
    Saltlife49 Posts: 149 Member
    Good morning! I was using Lose It! for awhile, but the community aspect is a bit pitiful. MFP seems much closer to the old SparkPeople app.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,286 Member
    Welcome to everyone who's new!

Kylia - Happy birthday to your granddaughter! They grow so dang fast...

Machka - Like you, I don't get bored. I may have when I was young, late teens and early 20s, perhaps, but my memory isn't filling in any examples, so either I didn't get bored much or I just don't remember it. There's a fair chance I simply went to sleep. I can sleep almost anywhere.

Tracey - Sounds like me not wanting to mow! I actually love riding the zero-turn mower, it's fun, but I do get dirty, and like you, just not fond of that. I also agree with the reluctance to start a craft project. For everything I make, there's a mess to get started, and a mess to clean up after, and I just get lazy. I'd much rather read a book.

Okey-dokey, I've procrastinated long enough. I need to drive to Walmart and get a few things.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Lisa, It is so good to see you feeling well. <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2022
    Happy Friday the 13th! I hope we all enjoy the day. It looks like a sunny day here in NW Oregon. 😊
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Machka - Like you, I don't get bored. I may have when I was young, late teens and early 20s, perhaps, but my memory isn't filling in any examples, so either I didn't get bored much or I just don't remember it. There's a fair chance I simply went to sleep. I can sleep almost anywhere.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

I learned not to be bored early in life.

As a young girl, if I said to my mother, "I'm bored" ... I would immediately have a number of cleaning tasks to do!! :open_mouth:

So, at a very early age, I developed my first list of things to do ... and was never bored again! :)

As for getting dirty ... I don't mind.

A favourite photo of me ... changing a tyre by the side of the road in the middle of a 1200 km bicycle ride through Kansas. :smiley:

q4jib7c4pgqv.png

Machka in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,927 Member
    I am watching the EuroVision Song Contest Semi-finals.

When I’m bored I tend to nod off 😝 I’m nodding off!!!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Good morning ladies!

I used to read when I got bored. Now I play solitaire or practice my languages. Now I get bored when I'm waiting for things like time to cook dinner or time to eat lunch.

My new tires are being put on my car today. Yay! They may feel stiff at first, but they will be much safer. So my main task now is to wait for a phone call when that is done.

Not much else going on, and it's too early for lunch. I could play solitaire lol! I should really change clothes and go do yoga and walking. Or a little of both.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,636 Member
    Well Miles and I are hanging out .. he runs hot so i have a feeling he is gonna be a naked boy most of the summer..took him down to mom,he had his snack came back and changed him and and he is napping now.