5/4: AF
    5/5: 2
    5/6: AF
    5/7: 5
    5/8: AF
    5/9: 0.7
    5/10: AF

5/11: AF

Wrapped up last week with a wee overage on the goals—currently there is a charity event that a lot of breweries around town participate in where you buy a $30 punch card and get one free pour at each participating brewery. We went to 2 on Monday but I managed to stick to only drinking 1/3 of each. It helps that beer is not my alcohol of choice, haha, so I’m happy just to get a taste and move on.

We are planning a brewery tour of some of the places that are a little further out with a bunch of friends this Saturday, but punch card and get one free pour at each participating brewery. We went to 2 on Monday but I managed to stick to only drinking 1/3 of each. It helps that beer is not my alcohol of choice, haha, so I’m happy just to get a taste and move on.

We are planning a brewery tour of some of the places that are a little further out with a bunch of friends this Saturday, but I’ll be going prepared with a repurposed 4oz mousse glass (thanks Costco) so I should be able to stick to 2-3 total drinks (depending on ABV) even if we end up going to all 6 places that are currently on the plan.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    I am Dawn.

I hit 19AF days for April.
    Sticking with my goal of 16-20 AF days per month for May
    Diary style.

Tuesday May 10 - AF - Quite a long day, after the restaurant I went and did a big reset for Foster Grant and got home quite late. I really felt like a couple of drinks, but did the 6 minute thing (only once) and that worked. Feeling leaner because of it.
    Wednesday May 11 - 2 1/2 drinks. I worked in the morning before working at the restaurant and after that drove out of town for a job. Late night, I didn't even try to resist having a couple.

Rolling total: 7AF out of 11 days.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    Hey there.

Quick story. Yesterday I decided to sit on my deck in the sun and give my hands heat therapy. It was working and feeling great.
    Husband asks if I want something cold out there to drink while on the deck. So I say yes, one of MY beers. He pours it in a glass and brings it out.

3 sips later I am not liking the world and getting a bad attitude. Then my scalp starts to crawl. G-darn it! I go inside and it was NOT one of my AF beers.

Here's the thing. I was getting pissy and angry for no good reason other than that beer was changing my mood into a sour one.

Not an experience I wanted at that moment. The day went down hill from there.

May 12

1A😡
    11 AF

• lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 782 Member
    @Breathe57103 I am so sorry for your loss, I don't have the words that could erase your pain only know you are not alone. What do you need from us? What can we do to help you heal? This AF family is amazing and here for all the support you need.
  • Breathe57103
    Breathe57103 Posts: 90 Member
    edited May 2022
    @lmlmrn Thank you for the condolences. It is something that I never imagined I would go through and each day I am just trying to meet myself where I am. I know with time the raw grief will taper and I will develop a new normal. For now I just need to take one step at a time and get back to taking care of myself (less alcohol, better nutrition, and more exercise.)
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @Breathe57103

So very very sorry. A depression spiral is beyond what anyone can do to help with.
    I experienced something years ago with the most upbeat person that I ever knew. The spiral ended the same way. This was not even close to what you are going through because it was a friend, not a life partner.
    Terrible.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I am Dawn.

Diary style.

Tuesday May 10 - AF - Quite a long day, after the restaurant I went and did a big reset for Foster Grant and got home quite late. I really felt like a couple of drinks, but did the 6 minute thing (only once) and that worked. Feeling leaner because of it.
    Wednesday May 11 - 2 1/2 drinks. I worked in the morning before working at the restaurant and after that drove out of town for a job. Late night, I didn't even try to resist having a couple.
    Thursday May 12 - 2 drinks - Completely unplanned, I went for a hike with a young friend and then we went for drinks. I had planned to have drinks Friday and or Saturday, but will rethink that now.

Rolling total: 7AF out of 12 days.
  • ducky133
    ducky133 Posts: 82 Member
    @Breathe57103 so, so sorry to hear about your husband. Cannot imagine how hard it has been for you. Glad you have come back to this thread for support!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    arf7u88hbkk9.png
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    @Breathe57103 super big hugs for you....and I am so deeply sorry for your loss....we are glad you are back of course and are here to listen and support. I wish good things for you and will keep you in my prayers.

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Almost at end of week two and I've been AF every other day. Not great. My work-life balance is very off.

Today I've been reminded life is very precious and taking care of our spirit and soul and body every day is necessary. As strong as we know we are or make ourselves out to be, we are delicate by design. What we have today can be taken away in an instant.

Off I go for a hill walk, say hi to my neighbors, get some sun and listen to the morning songs of the neighborhood birds. I'm tuning out of work and tuning into life.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I am Dawn.

Diary style.

Thursday May 12 - 2 drinks - Completely unplanned, I went for a hike with a young friend and then we went for drinks. I had planned to have drinks Friday and or Saturday, but will rethink that now.
    Friday May 13 - AF - I hadn't realized that it was Friday the 13th until now lol. I was exhausted, and felt like chilling out with a couple of drinks, but didn't because of the extra day of drinks this week. I might have drinks on Saturday. Going away next weekend for 3 days to the Blossom Festival in another town (Creston BC) but do not plan to have any drinks while there.

Rolling total: 8AF out of 13 days.
  • mimikatr
    mimikatr Posts: 9 Member
    I would like to join the group. I am trying to cut back to one or two drinks a day on weekdays for now. Hoping to get to one to two a week at some point.