Needing a little help getting started

Hello everyone!
I just joined my fitness pal today after my other efforts have not been working. However, I am not sure if my other efforts are supposed to work? I have not had very much guidance this far, unfortunately.

About 3 months ago (Feb) I had gained about 15ish lbs because I used to never have to worry about what I eat or anything (I’m 20) until it caught up to me. I went from 125 to 130, then I shot all the way up to 145lbs. That was when I realized it was catching up to me. It’s now may and I was able to successfully bring my weight down to a fluctuating 135-137, but now I am stuck here. I have been for about a month now!!!

My stats and habits are here:
Height: 5’4
I eat 2-3 times a day. I eat a high protein diet and drink lots of water. I eat about 1000-1200 cals a day.

For exercise, I get 15k-20k steps in a day and then I always do some other kind of workout, whether it be running or HIIT. I burn usually about 600-800 cals a day and about once a week or so I really go ham and burn 1,000.

I am just not sure what is healthy. This worked for me for 2 months when I was able to shed off the noticeable added weight. However, now I am loving my body, but want to lose a little more. My goal weight is probably around 128-130.

I am stuck!!! I need some help. I do not know where to go from here. If you guys have any feedback or tips they would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thank you!

Replies

• joallana
    joallana Posts: 33 Member
    edited May 2022
    Like the poster above said, if your calorie count is accurate you should eat more, especially with how active you are and your size. Your summary up there gives you a deficit of 1200-2600 a day, which is bananas and is likely stressing your body out. This isn’t a race. In your shoes at that activity level I’d be shooting for eating 1700-2100 calories a day.
  • annalovestwd
    annalovestwd Posts: 5 Member
    gpanda103 wrote: »
    Well, if you are going to be doing that much movement you need to be eating more. Chances are.. you are deficient in fat, protein, fiber, and many micronutrients.

That much exercise and that few amount of calories is going to result in the release of cortisol, which will promote water retention.

Lower calories ≠ better

thank you so much for your help!

• annalovestwd
    joallana wrote: »
    Like the poster above said, if your calorie count is accurate you should eat more, especially with how active you are and your size. Your summary up there gives you a deficit of 1200-2600 a day, which is bananas and is likely stressing your body out. This isn’t a race. In your shoes at that activity level I’d be shooting for eating 1700-2100 calories a day.

okay, thank makes sense! thank you!

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Suggest you forget what you have been doing (effectively a crash diet) and make a completely fresh start.

Go back to your goal setting, choose the correct daily activity level for all those steps, pick a slow rate of weight loss and log your exercise as best you can.

Try to prioritise your health above just a number on your scales.
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    edited May 2022
    Please erase the notion that 1000-1200 cal with intense cardio is good for you, unless you are female ifbb pro cutting for the upcoming stage, which is already detrimental to health.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Assuming your calorie counting is accurate (which is actually a big assumption) then your habits are not healthy and you should give you’d body more fuel for those workouts before you do yourself long term damage.

This forum is full of the details of what cutting too hard & too fast can do and it doesn’t make for good reading.
  • annalovestwd
    Thank you all for your help I genuinely appreciate it so much!