Skyr with fresh berries, ezekiel bread and peanut butter
    Ox tail soup with green chives, napa cabbage, rice
    Spicy chicken stew (dakdoritang), rice
    Jeni’s ice cream

Lovin the life!!!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    Yesterday:

Breakfast: 2 hardboiled eggs, english muffin with light butter and strawberry preserves
    Lunch: Dole Sunflower Crunch Chopped Salad, honeydew, and strawberries (forgot how much I loved this salad)
    Dinner: Hibachi bowl with plain rice, chicken, shrimp, carrots, and mushrooms topped with yum yum sauce
    Dessert: Small bowl of plain chips, almond biscotti

Movement: 2 walks outside for 30 minutes total (it is getting hot out already and I am NOT a fan)

Going to try and keep up with this. Keeps me accountable. I don't log calories and am instead on Weight Watchers which is working better for me due to food anxiety.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 841 Member
    Slow start today, which always seems to be the way of things on my days off lol I'm getting some food prep done and connecting with my community, so it's not too bad though :)Also, a slight alteration to yesterday's entry: I ate 1 apple with some hot tea and went for a long walk with my pups.

Breakfast: Coffee and a vegan breakfast sandwich with faux 'runny egg', tofu bacon, mashed avocado, tomato, and spinach (It was delicious!)
    Snack 1: Apple slices
    Lunch: Bean and green soup with half a peanut butter sandwich
    Dinner: General tso tofu with vegan fried rice (homemade)
    Snack 2: Vegan oat milk latte

@Athijade Ooh, I love the sunflower crunch salad! It used to be one of my go-to's back when I was working an office job ^_^
  • Kateskate123
    Kateskate123 Posts: 32 Member
    Ahh, today was good but coming in higher in the calories than I wanted. Still, success is planning it out and tracking it here. So I'll still consider it a win.

Breakfast: Coffee, half and half, banana,
    Lunch: Salad w/ Green Goddess dressing, slice of bread, an entire avocado because yum!
    Dinner: Chips, salsa, frozen margarita and two carne asada tacos.
    Snack: Popcorn and an energy drink thing.
    Movement: It's 100 degrees outside and HUMID but I may do some inside HIIT stuff. Maybe...

Reading a great book right now by Martha Beck called The 4 Day Win. Changes the whole diet mindset. Good stuff! Take care everyone!
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 321 Member
    B: Kashi raisin cereal with 1% milk; black tea with half and half
    L: Taylor Fiesta salad with chicken
    S: tilapia with sliced fried potatoes; large Caesar salad
    snacks: clementine; strawberries with Redi Whip
  • Athijade
    Yesterday:

Breakfast: 2 hardboiled eggs, english muffin with light butter and strawberry preserves
    Lunch: Healthy Choice Greek Chicken Power bowl, honeydew, and strawberries
    Snack: A small bag of pretzel combos
    Dinner: Hibachi bowl with plain rice, chicken, shrimp, carrots, and mushrooms topped with yum yum sauce
    Dessert: Hot chocolate

Movement: 2 walks inside for 30 minutes total (where I work we have tunnels between buildings)
  • Kateskate123
    B: Coffee with half and half and a banana
    L: Salad, Luna Bar
    D: Not sure, probably eating out since I'm on the road
    S: a real coke!
    Movement: Hiking in the woods

I work outside and it is H-O-T. Nearing 100 degrees with stupid high humidity and typically I have no appetite when it's like this. So I'm not sure what I'll eat but it won't be warmed up or heavy, that's for sure. Down a few pounds at WI today! Whoop whoop!

Have a great day everyone, and stay cool! au5zoh7kbcv2.jpg
  • LenGray
    Today was my last day at school (except for one day next week when I have a final) and I'm relaxing lol I figured out what was wrong with my painting and did some course corrections today, plus workshopped some writing stuff with my critique group. I'm a little over calories today, but I'm okay with it since I'm doing some yoga and have been running around a lot today :)

Breakfast: Coffee, a banana, and a soy milk latte
    Lunch: General Tso tofu and vegan fried rice (homemade)
    Dinner: Open-faced breakfast sandwiches with tofu bacon, spicy hummus, tomatoes, and vegan egg yolk
    Snack/Dessert: A small bowl of non-dairy salted caramel ice cream
    Movement: 20 minutes of yoga
  • Athijade
    Yesterday:

Lunch: Blake's Shepard's Pie, honeydew, and strawberries
    Dinner: A frozen meal thingy with prime rib roast, onions, mushrooms, and gravy with roasted potatoes and zucchini
    Dessert: Small bowl of plain chips, mini ice cream sandwich

Movement: Not much as my legs were feeling fatigued. So like 1.5 walks for maybe 20 minutes total.
  • Athijade
    LenGray wrote: »

I miss tofu, especially with asian style dishes. Once my IC started to get bad in 2014, I realized soy was a trigger for it. So I had to cut it all out. Now I can have a little bit since I am in remission, but I still can't handle tofu. I guess it is just too much at one time.
  • LenGray
    Athijade wrote: »
    LenGray wrote: »

I miss tofu, especially with asian style dishes. Once my IC started to get bad in 2014, I realized soy was a trigger for it. So I had to cut it all out. Now I can have a little bit since I am in remission, but I still can't handle tofu. I guess it is just too much at one time.

Aw, that sucks! I eat quite a bit of tofu, because I like the chewiness of it and it's a pretty easy protein to prep with having two jobs and going to school. Have you tried any of the tofu alternatives out there? I know that there's pumfu, which is made out of pumpkin seeds, and Shan tofu, which is made out of chickpea flour, that are soy-free options. They don't taste exactly like tofu, but they might be worth a shot :) I also make a lot of Asian dishes with legumes like lentils or chickpeas that are surprisingly tasty lol
  • LenGray
    Lots of chopping wood and carrying water today. I'm working through the final scenes of my novel, finishing some paintings, getting in some practice on some personal projects, and making up some food.

Breakfast: Coffee and seedy oatmeal with blueberries and peanut butter
    Lunch: Rice bowl with tofu bacon, vegan egg yolk, spinach, and tomato
    Dinner: Chickpea and rice casserole with spicy bbq seitan
    Snacks: Half an apple
    Movement: 20 minutes of yoga or walking, as needed
  • Kateskate123
    So hot today… makes my appetite diminish, which is a nice change, I guess. Ended up grabbing dinner out last night and got a cheeseburger but had a salad instead of fries!

Breakfast: coffee, half and half
    Lunch: light English muffin, cream cheese, and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds. IV Hydration packet because a week of intense sweating is catching up to me.
    Dinner: roasted chicken, green beans and a slice of rhubarb strawberry pie
    Movement: short walk in the woods

Have a great Friday!!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    "Bacon" and "Egg"- plant based edition😊 Lightlife Tempeh Smoky Bacon flavor, Just Egg patties, Helen's Kitchen Golden Tumeric Tahini

qv36aoexq83f.jpg
  • LenGray
    A little bummed out today because I have to repaint a bunch of my paintings for finals on Tuesday and my dad had to go in to work on his day off, but I'm trying not to let it bring me down too much. I might do some intentional movement later on today, but for now I'm just focusing on getting stuff done.

Breakfast: Coffee with protein pancakes, vegan butter, sugar-free syrup, and soy milk
    Lunch: Rice bowl with tofu bacon, tomatoes, spicy hummus, and spinach
    Dinner: Chickpea and rice casserole with pork seitan and brown gravy
    Snack: Banana
  • Kateskate123
    @LenGray hope the day improved and you were able to accomplish what you needed!

Yesterday I enjoyed myself with a nice hike for a couple of miles with an old friend. We went shoe shopping, grabbed a yummy matcha latte and finished with Korean BBQ. I was a bit over my goal, even with movement, but I have a loss on the scale today so I’ll take it!

Breakfast: coffee & half half
    Lunch: chicken salad w/crackers
    Dinner: bbq pork sandwiches, baked beans & slaw
    Snack: hummus, olives and celery

Have a great Sunday!
  • LenGray
    @Kateskate123, Thanks, I did and it did get better :) I'm finishing up the last painting today and I'm pretty excited to reveal them to the class. I also got to redecorate my creative space yesterday and that put me in a more positive mood lol

Breakfast: Coffee and a kale smoothie
    Lunch: Vegan fried rice with edamame
    Dinner: Chickpea and rice casserole with crispy tofu and gravy
    Snack: Strawberries and grapes
    Movement: I'm hoping the weather will cooperate so I can take my dogs for a long walk. If not, I'll do the usual yoga :)
  • Kateskate123
    edited May 2022
    It's sunny and gorgeous outside, so that's good. Have to go to the Dr. today for blood work and blood pressure check. Being overweight has brought plantar fasciitis, GI stuff, and high blood pressure. Luckily no diabetes, but I'm on a trend and it's time to do better to feel better!

B : Coffee and half and half
    L: Hummus, crackers and olives
    D : Baked Beans and sautéed veggies
    S: Energy drink (not great for that blood pressure, but...)
    Movement: Work (lots of movement today!)

Not much of an appetite, feeling a bit nauseous/inflamed so I'll see if I add anything else. Maybe some broth. Have a great day!
  • Athijade
    Rough weekend both in general and with food. So didn't post those meals.

Yesterday:

Breakfast: Cinnamon roll
    Lunch: Rao's frozen lasagna
    Dinner: Burrito bowl with chicken, peppers, onions, roasted corn, rice, avocado, salsa, and sour cream
    Dessert: Almond croissant (my weakness)

Movement: 2 walks outside for about 30 minutes total. I hurt and my legs are fatigued from the weekend.
  • Kateskate123
    Glad youre back @Athijade and hope this week is better for you! I also love almond croissants - so good!

I had a rough food day as well. REALLY tired today, which typically precipitates food choices that aren't well thought through. I'm past my calorie goal for the day (and it's 1:30pm!). So I'll have a salad for dinner and lots of water and move on.

B: coffee and half and half
    L: Individual pizza hut pepperoni pizza and a 32oz blue slushy (ugh)
    D: To be determined but likely veggies
    S: ice cream bar (because clearly I haven't had enough sugar yet... :# )
    Movement: walk outside and general farm work but I think I'm coming down with something so I'm going to take it easy.

Have a good day!!