It's new Garmin day!! 😁

NorthCascades
NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
My Fenix 7 arrived today and I'm in ❤️ all over again.

Touch screen is so nice! The maps became so much more useful. They were good to have before, but scrolling went from a royal pita to natural and no drama.

Small victories: I can finally do separate profiles for road vs gravel riding and have them tagged appropriately vs everything just going up as cycling and having to edit by hand every time. 😁 🥳 ❤️ I'm as delighted with this as I am with the touch screen. I'm a data guy and seeing how much of each reminds me to put my bike in the car and ride somewhere nice.

It's my rest day after weekend fun, so I enjoyed a short recovery ride and a walk. 🙂 I'm sure I'll have more to say later.

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    congratulations! I'm really, really happy with my 7s and think it's a good watch. Still with some problems, but overall those are small. For me the biggest niggle is that Garmin seems to think that people choosing a smaller watch want gold, rose gold or bronze gold colours. Garmin does that with pretty much every device, and it infuriates me :s The only alternative next to that was black for me :( Would have preferred a neutral, yet slightly lighter colour.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Oh, I totally forgot: Happy new watch setup day to you!
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    I love New Garmin Day, it's one of my favourite days! Congrats!
  • ToffeeApple71
    ToffeeApple71 Posts: 116 Member
    How exciting! I love my Garmin. Just bought my son a Venu SQ Music. I'm sitting here looking at it in its box, itching to set it up. My next purchase for myself with be a fenix but can't justify the cost with my forerunner less than 6 months old!
  • NorthCascades
    The barometer/altimeter in Fenix watches has always been very good in my experience. I like to calibrate mine from a topo map or known coordinates. Being able to do that with a touch screen is so much faster and easier than with buttons!
  • NorthCascades
    I've always wished the watches could just automatically go into power saving mode (turn off Bluetooth etc) at night. Glad that's finally a thing!
  • rtaylor157
    rtaylor157 Posts: 1 Member
    I've always wished the watches could just automatically go into power saving mode (turn off Bluetooth etc) at night. Glad that's finally a thing!

They do! I have this setup on my Fenix 6 Pro, go to Menu -> Power Manager -> Battery Saver. Scroll down and there will be a "During Sleep" option. You can set this to turn on the battery saving mode during the sleep hours defined in your profile.

I made it so that power saver mode turns off bluetooth and backlight, but keeps recording HR and Pulse Ox data. Works like a charm!
  • Marcel_Project
    Marcel_Project Posts: 5 Member
    so how is battery life with the fenix?
  • NorthCascades
    so how is battery life with the fenix?

I haven't charged it yet. I've used it a great deal including hours of multiband GPS. Battery is currently at 55% and started around 80% even it arrived in the box.