WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,925 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    5/13: Chose well: Joe x2, readings, BP, PT x 1
    Bonus: Crissey Field w/Joe and the dogs, chiro, lunch with C & T.
    Workin’ on it: 141.5, H20x6 , active 2:23

Meaningful May
    14: Get outside and notice the beauty in windy, rainy nature ;)
    Friday was most overindulgent CI in a long while. Of course, needle on scale inched down this morning. It will bloompf up again soon as I have a restrained day. :P

Oh Debbie, how hurt you must be. Your DH, your nephews, the roommate but most of all your mom. Being invisible to the people you live with and care for is draining, exhausting, dispiriting. Praying you can find some other sort of sanctuary, we all need it.
    Rebecca “Concentrate of things I can have an effect over, and let the other things go.” Wise words but not always easy to do. ((hugs))

Whoops that ol’ timer just went off again, time to get the dogs outside.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

THANK YOU!!!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    Cleaned out the spa some and then started stringing the popcorn only it started to rain. Lectored at the church, had dinner, then went to Kohl’s (they’re having less and less. It looks like they’re trying to be upscale) so I stopped at Shoe Carnival. I have this pair of Keds sandals that are SOOO comfortable only they don’t make them any more. I found something that was on sale from $40 to $15, but my first thought was “are those slippers”. Yet, things down in FL are much more relaxed so maybe they’ll do for down there. If not, I need new slippers anyway. Got things to make soup tomorrow and will make yogurt.

Anne DE – ice cream substitute? I like applesauce frozen. Also, frozen grapes. I know, that’s not exactly what you asked for.

Lisa – wow, what a transformation is all I can say. Looks beautiful

Gonna pop some popcorn then watch some TV.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,491 Member
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,791 Member
    Anyone know of a pet and human safe weed and moss killer my patio and surrounding area looks horrible

Pull them out. :) That's my favourite method.

Boiling water - boil a kettle, pour water for a cup of tea, then empty the kettle on the moss and weeds. That's my husband's favourite method.

A salt and vinegar mix is supposed to work too.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited May 2022
    Summer is coming, along with ice cream cravings! What is your favorite ice cream substitute?

I was reading reviews for So Delicious non-dairy light ice cream at 300 calories a pint. Gotta try that! My usual is Ben & Jerry's non-dairy Cherry Garcia at 320 calories a 2/3 cup serving. Excellent taste but not a weight loss staple.

Annie in Delaware

We get ice cream bars like these ... they're 95 calories per bar and it's easy to control the servings when they are individual.

yrjg7dvp1mzq.png
    https://www.bulla.com.au/products/ice-creams/ice-cream-sticks/bulla-splits-range/splits-wildberry-orange-tropical/

nodqt594n6j9.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited May 2022
    Betsy - safe travels, dear heart. We look forward to seeing you again in September!

Today's adventure in the slowest remodeling job in the entire U.S.A. We pulled all the siding off the back of the house, and underneath was T1-11, mostly in good shape. For the uninitiated, finding T1-11 under siding is like finding a hardwood floor when you pull up the carpet. The interesting part is that most of the T1-11 was painted nearly the same color as the roof we had replaced last year. Serendipity that, because we had no idea what we'd find--all told, it took us about two and a half hours to rip off all the siding. Note, however, this is only the backside of the house. Two walls in the carport are siding, and all of the tall eaves around front and sides.

The first picture was when we bought the house, July 2018. The second one is a month later after we'd tamed some of the jungle... and the last one is today. Tomorrow will be a trip to Lowes for lumber for trim, and paint that matches that slate blue.

pjl6ac1w0k25.png

I've finally cooled down enough to get in the shower... and I need one! More than 90 degrees outside and both of us sweated buckets. Quiet evening planned.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

I like that slate blue colour!
  • Machka9
    edited May 2022
    r7vdtrayq900.png

I'd be in Santa Teresa, California. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    ok8v9t09os5p.png
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,718 Member
    Machka - My Mom. Would say she was bored often so I didn’t have that as an example or motivation growing up.

Based on those definitions, I am bored even when busy a lot of the time. 😂

Rita - I am hoping to see my brother later this year. I haven’t been home since 2016.

Barbie - I enjoy books but mostly in the evening before bed.

Annie - congratulations on the loss!

Debbie - my hubby says the same about Mothers Day but never has an issue about asking for something for Father’s Day.
    This year he didn’t even say Happy Mothers Day.

I’m so sorry for all of the drama. I see so often that people that supposedly love an elder are actually abusing them financially and:or emotionally I hope that’s not the case with your Mom’s roommate.
    I think it’s terrible the way your husband and son treat you on a regular basis.

Lisa - what a transformation, a lot of work.

Heather - I’m glad you both had good days with family.

If I was transported to the setting of the book I am reading I would be jumping into a forest fire as a Zulie in Missouri.

I have been working on my stockings. I am trying to get Christmas presents made early this year since we have a new grandchild due around Christmas. I will be planning a shower and I want to go home to NB I’m the Fall.

Tracey in Edmonton

• Machka9
    edited May 2022
    Machka - My Mom. Would say she was bored often so I didn’t have that as an example or motivation growing up.

Based on those definitions, I am bored even when busy a lot of the time. 😂

Tracey in Edmonton

The only time I come close to being bored is when I am busy. Busy doing something that has me rolling my eyes and wishing I were doing something else.

When I'm not doing anything ... like when I'm standing beside Rhody in the dark, just looking around ... I feel relieved. The madness has stopped for a moment.

I don't ever recall my parents expressing that they were bored. Both are introverts and voracious readers, so we all spent a lot of evenings curled up in our corners quietly reading. Happy memories. :)

Machka in Oz

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    edited May 2022
    Enjoying a Pet Summit on detoxing your pet. Today was on gut biome, vacinations, and dental health. Gave me much food for thought. One speaker in particular I liked because he talked about our food supply chain and our need to stop the war on weed with chemicals.

Also helped at Nature Center today and got to go up in a Cherry picker to get a view of the center.

I also feel blessed that there is a pond close to our home that Drew and I walked to that is full of frogs. So fun to hear them singing.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,807 Member
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Happy Sunday, it's a dull drizzly day here, a change from yesterday when it was warm and sunny.

Still catching up.

Viv UK
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,598 Member
    Machka That is concerning! I hope the doctors get to the bottom of that quickly.