chicken calories

fabienEl
fabienEl Posts: 8 Member
hello i was trying to log chicken thighs today and found a lot of different nutritional values
i weighed my thigh raw ut was 320g (thigh +drumstick) and removed the bones skin and trimmed a bit of the fat and got 220g what are its nutritional values per 100g?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    Unfortunately, the green check marks in the MFP database are used for both USER-created entries and ADMIN-created entries that MFP pulled from the USDA database. A green check mark for USER-created entries just means enough people have upvoted the entry - it is not necessarily correct.

To find ADMIN entries for whole foods, I get the syntax from the USDA database and paste that into MFP. All ADMIN entries from the USDA will have weights as an option BUT there is a glitch whereby sometimes 1g is the option but the values are actually for 100g. This is pretty easy to spot though, as when added the calories are 100x more than is reasonable.

https://fdc.nal.usda.gov

Use the “SR Legacy” tab - that seems to be what MFP used to pull in entries.

Use this entry: "Chicken, broilers or fryers, dark meat, thigh, meat only, raw"

100 g = 121 calories.

Note: any MFP entry that includes "USDA" was USER entered.

For packaged foods, I verify the label against what I find in MFP. (Alas, you cannot just scan with your phone and assume what you get is correct.)
  • gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    I would use the USDA entry on their database. You can usually search “chicken thigh USDA” and find an entry on mfp that matches