Downsizers Team Chat - MAY 2022

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,478 Member
    @peng123
    Hope you had fun at the adoption stand. I think I would want to bring all the animals home with me.

@jayenguk
    Thanks for the update. I will put everything in the spreadsheet and get you moved to Monday.

@28Haveitall2020
    Nice loss!

@Jpedno
    Awesome loss! You are back on track today so that’s what matters.

@Morethanjustanumber
    Fantastic, meeting your step goal again.

• peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Happy Sunday, Downsizers! I have another crazy day today - but wanted to stop by to check-in.

5/14:
    Calories - in range
    Exercise - jogged a 10k
    Steps - 17,276

@jayenguk Great job - you have hit the reset button - you can do this!

@Jpedno Great loss this week - congrats!

@28Haveitall2020 Also a great loss for you - keep it up!

@Morethanjustanumber You are an incredible stepper!

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

Cara
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 5,729
    Exercise: none

I am going to the pool. I am still really fatigued so I will listen to my body. I think my Sjogrens is flaring right now.
  • lallstar
    lallstar Posts: 3 Member
    Is it tooate to post?
    I just got back from vacation!

5/15
    Lallstar
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

wkabrunmor5k.png
    ysltlu7xao0x.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    pcvh6e8bqsfb.png

By Pounds
    vtsura4kcm25.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    8h02zk09pczk.png

By Pounds
    fdymyybfojvs.png
    aig6wcbubovz.png

Team Winners
    jxurmpgzn5iv.png

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,933 Member
    Congrats to @lindamtuck2018 @Jpedno and @Morethanjustanumber for being our top 3 weight loss losers this week :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited May 2022
    rd3bkm4fheft.png

These are the people's steps I need ... Please have them in no later than Tuesday Evening 5/17...If I do not have them in by then I will have no choice but to zero them out ..Thanks for understanding :)

@aactuallyaash 5/8 - 5/14

• peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    @lindamtuck2018 @Jpedno @Morethanjustanumber Congratulations to the three of you - great job!!
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,759 Member
    Home from Hogwarts!!! Had a fantastic week!!! My daughter and I are peopled out. I do not look forward to my weigh in as I ate allergens and am currently reaping the consequences.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    5/8- 7268
    5/9- 21793
    5/10-26755
    5/11-18521
    5/12-26757
    5/13-19441
    5/14-6667

My legs are very tired. The only pain is from the few blisters I got. Luckily I brought the necessary supplies with me. 2 days were half marathoners the other days probably were also but my watch died early before leaving the park... So did those steps count? Of course they do to me but not my step totals. I fit any and all coasters!!!! Yes, I have had to do the walk of shame before so I was thrilled beyond belief. It will probably be about 5 years before we do this again as I said we are peopled out.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,388 Member
    cormierannie
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW: 149 pounds
    CW: 148 pounds
  • Gwiz401
    Gwiz401 Posts: 20 Member
    After reaching out to @lindamtuck2018 privately, she encouraged me to post my last 2 weigh-in's, even though they are late. I have been weighing in, just not posting, because I'm very disappointed and down on myself.

User name: Gwiz401
    Weigh Day: Saturday

SW: 179.8 (1/7/22)

PW: 176.0 (4/23/22)
    PW: (4/30/22 out of town)
    PW: 176.2 (5/7/22)

CW: 180.6 (5/14/22)

LTD: +0.8 GAIN

I've been vacationing a lot over the past 6 months and have been relatively steady. However over the last 2 weeks I find myself in slug mode; I can't seem to do anything but eat junk and I haven't even been to the gym regularly (which I love doing).

I am strong all day. The trigger is sitting and relaxing. Once I sit, the "hand-in-mouth" villain comes out.

This struggle is awful 😞. I know what to do; all the tools and tricks, but I can't get in control.

How can one want something so strongly, then lose total control once the sun goes down???

My roommate is of no help. No matter how nicely I ask him to put his stuff away, out of sight, he doesn't. My mother thinks he's purposely sabotaging me. I need to get in control despite of his insensitivity.

I am an emotional eater.
    This week I started looking for podcasts about how to stop binge eating.

I would greatly appreciate any recommendations.
  • lindamtuck2018
    @peng123
    Jogged 10k! 😮 That is amazing!

@lallstar
    No, it’s not too late. Hope your vacation went well.

@cormierannie
    Fantastic loss!

@tahm42
    Great vacation! Crazy steps! What a nice way to measure your progress while having fun. I don’t like roller coasters as I cry when I ride them I am so scared.

@Gwiz401
    I have struggled with binge eating for many years. I only binge at night. Not sure why. I do have binge eating disorder and I did therapy for it. For along while I had to write out my food for the next day and I had to stick to it. I wasn’t supposed to change anything. I had to make a commitment to someone that I would do that. It could be anyone but I decided to be accountable to my therapist. I learned my triggers and tried to avoid them. Two of the biggest things I learned was to have compassion for myself and to take it one day(moment) at a time. I am still have to remind myself to do those two things.

Cara, @peng123, suggested the book the Beck Diet Solution to me this week. It uses cognitive behaviour therapy. There is a book and a workbook.

Another suggestion I have is to maybe buy a lock box for your roommates snacks. Tell him if he doesn’t keep it locked you will throw it in the garbage. My husband keeps my mini bags of potato chips where I can’t reach them. He hides things like chocolate where I can’t find them. There are certain things I don’t bring in the apartment but that would be more difficult in your situation.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Thanks Cara and Megan!

Congrats to @jpedno and @Morethanjustanumber!
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    @tahm42

I am in awe of your steps!

Thanks Cara, Megan and Linda!
  • gharvey2753
    gharvey2753 Posts: 56 Member
    Weigh in gharvey2753

Previous 170.6ibs
    Current 169.4ibs

Far from a perfect week being my birthday week so the diet wasn't the best but back on it this week. Got new weights and training gear for my birthday so good to go. Wish everyone a great week.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    @tahm42

I am in awe of your steps!

Thanks Cara, Megan and Linda!

You're very welcome :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh in gharvey2753

Previous 170.6ibs
    Current 169.4ibs

Far from a perfect week being my birthday week so the diet wasn't the best but back on it this week. Got new weights and training gear for my birthday so good to go. Wish everyone a great week.

Great accomplishment ..At least you lost something on your Birthday ..so Well Done :) Happy Birthday to you ...Hope you had a great one :)
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Good evening. This was another insufficient week. I’ll get back to my regular routine soon; I just need to finish planning the end of the year so that I can have time to walk. The last few weeks have been very hectic, which have not left me any time to actually leave my desk to get my steps in. I would do it when I get home but I’m tired or it’s super hot outside. Excuses, I know.
    I’m also trying to remind myself that at the end of the day, numbers are just numbers, and just a snapshot in time. My clothes are still fitting, so at least there’s that.

PW: 162.2
    CW: 165

Steps:
    5/8: 2,534
    5/9: 4,627
    5/10: 1,875
    5/11: 3,724
    5/12: 5,773
    5/13: 6,183
    5/14: 7,932
    5/15: 2,310

I have to push myself much harder and I know that. My goal this week is to get back to my normal routine: make sure I walk, drink my water, etc.

It won’t fix everything, but it’s a start.

Have a great week everybody.
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 172 Member
    Belated (Friday) Check-in

PW: 318
    CW: 320

Need to rework my routines a bit to get back on track.
This discussion has been closed.