Share Your Day

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,241 Member
    Struggle bus day today.

Yesterday was rough. I ended up having to run to Menards twice to exchange a deck box. The first time I got 9/10 of the way done only to realize that they had given me 2 front panels instead of a front and back. The second time I was taking everything else and found that the back panel had been damaged. Third time was a charm though I did open the box up in the store before I even checked out to make sure everything was okay. Of course then I broke one of the hinges but it's not a huge deal as there are 6 and it opens and closes just fine with the 5 working ones.

But that meant many trips up and down my apartment stairs carrying all of that. And it was HOT and humid out yesterday. So I ended up feeling pretty gross after all of that.

Then I ate like crud all weekend. Well, Saturday was okay though I ate too much at dinner (ordered in Indian food cause I was craving it and I can NOT make it as well). I also did have the best bagel I have had since I was in NYC for breakfast so that was a happy surprise. Yesterday though... ugh. Burger for lunch with a few onion rings (too full to finish the onions rings) and like 1/4 a shake. Then overate Indian food again for dinner and had the rest of the shake for dessert. I just feel blah this morning.

Then last night my power went out about 11:30pm which woke me up (seems I am really sensitive to my fan turning off lol) and I struggled to go back to sleep until it came back on about 1:30am cause I was worried about what to do about work if it wasn't back on by the time I had to get up (today is a work from home day).

Oh, and I already messed up at work because I am SO damn tired.

I want to go back to sleep! Please?

Thank you for letting me get that off my chest. Now, back to my job.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,578 Member
    Power to you, Athijade.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    Stable uninterrupted power at that!🤞
  • PAV8888
    SPLATTY! YEAH FOR NOT BROKEN! AND YOU CAN TYPE TOO!!!!!!

WOOOHOO!!!!!

Waiting on the pictures.... :smiley:
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,701 Member
    edited May 2022
    Waiting to be sent the photos from the site owner - he was the camera-toting poker-faced witness to all my face plants. It was huge fun and we’ll definitely do it again ...but maybe not for a few months until the bruises have faded and the scabs fallen off.
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2022
    Remember them 🐹 up there before they all got PTSD from too much crashing on the noggin? Good thing they sell helmets!😘
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,802 Member
    Packing up tonight for very early flights ✈️ tomorrow. I’m curious to see how I’ve done without having much control over food selections this week. I have tried to control portions and choices if possible. There was a real lack of veggies all week however.

It was good to see family again after such a long time.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Spent today making up some work lunches for Boyfriend. In both cases the meat was cooked and frozen, I just needed to make some saffron rice for one and some pan-seared zucchini for the other. And it's good that I did, because Wednesday he'll be going into the office and they're doing a big party with pizza and stuff. Since he had weight loss surgery, pizza doesn't work well for him as a meal. So this way he can have a few bites so he doesn't feel left out, and then eat his nice grilled Italian sausage with red sauce and cheese and pan-seared zucchini, and that way he won't have blood sugar issues at work. I even made small garlic cheddar biscuits and will put one in with his lunch. (grin)

I'm doing pretty well overall with my diet. I'm drifting back downward in weight from where I wound up after the surgery, but I'm not down to where I was when the thyroid malfunctioned yet. About seven more pounds, so not that far off. I am working on going to bed on time, because when I do that, I go to sleep and don't snack at midnight. (grin)
  • PAV8888
    Well done smart planner and preparer!👍
  • pamelar25
    pamelar25 Posts: 197 Member
    Finely going to share something here too. ??? I have horrible social anxiety so this is hard for me.
    I'm trying to get my husband on this path to losing weight too and he's working on it... a bit. We talked about his eating plan a couple of weeks ago and decided he'd go low carb again because that worked for him when he was 18 to 19 right before we met. Plus now he has pots syndrome and research we've done suggests too many and "bad" carbs can cause fainting and dizzy spells with his issue so we're trying to cut bread and pasta-- which we don't eat much of anymore. The harder ones for him to cut out is potatoes and rice. He's tried califlower rice and likes it, but tonight I had a potato and he teased me about eating it in front of him and how I'm forcing him into this low carb thing. We have always eaten healthy we just ate too much. I just reminded him he chose low carb and tease back I'm just trying to keep you from getting sick. 🙄 Maybe keep him from not dying too young and all... 😂😁
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Pamela almost everyone including the dog, has food and weight issues in our house…my son in law is diabetic and really watches what he eats and is not overweight…my husband is diabetic and overweight….he loses weight and then it creeps back on…..before he was diagnosed with RA and Spinal Stenosis he controlled his weight by walking….the dog is just fat and so cute that we all give her too many treats….our grandson is the only one who isn’t overweight but I can’t say he eats all healthy food…the grandaughter has lost weight this school year but I don’t think she is eating enough….my daughter is overweight and can’t seem to stay focused on a healthy eating plan for more than a couple of days…I feel your struggles, they are real….sometimes it is easier if husband doesn’t diet with me because I measure and weigh all of his foods and I do well enough to do my own!…hugs!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,578 Member
    Yikes, Connie. That sounds pretty horrible. I want to send you hugs - but they might hurt. So will stick with good wishes.
  • conniewilkins56
    Yikes, Connie. That sounds pretty horrible. I want to send you hugs - but they might hurt. So will stick with good wishes.

A virtual hug is fine!….I could be contagious!…( not really )… I am overwhelmed….I did sleep this afternoon….
  • PAV8888
    Holy *kittens* connie... you have to do something about this shingles thing. It is getting to be a tiny bit too frequent there... talk to the docs?!?!?! :neutral:
  • conniewilkins56
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Holy *kittens* connie... you have to do something about this shingles thing. It is getting to be a tiny bit too frequent there... talk to the docs?!?!?! :neutral:

There are 2 types of “ Shingle” shots….one has a live virus and one doesn’t….not sure which is the more powerful…anyway, all the doctors
    ( many, many doctors ) have advised I be “Shingle Free” at least 6 months before I am vaccinated and the past few years I seem to get them more often than every six months…there is always the chance the immunization could trigger a bad case…when I was younger, years would pass between outbreaks…as I get older they are more frequent as my immune system becomes weaker…( I have become an expert on the subject of Shingles/Herpes Virus )…this is the worst outbreak I have had since I was 19… in the last two hours, I have had 3 more spots pop up on my face and some in my hairline on my head…I am scratching like I have fleas….this is really bad…I have taken 3 hydrocodone for pain today….also prescribed prednisone for a few days…cortisone cream,an antibiotic and some pill for full blown Herpes!…SMH….I don’t have an STD but if the pills work, who cares?…so far I have not turned to food for comfort….food doesn’t cure skin spots!….I can’t have any dairy products either…I am just really feeling rotten!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,802 Member
    Son got bad case of shingles - across chest and back- when he was thirteen. We had just completed a very difficult cross country move and he was starting high school. The doctors said that stress is a factor in shingles eruption.
  • PAV8888
    Virtual very gentle hug to Connie and no, food will NOT help anything at all!