So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,121 Member
    A hot fudge sundae? I could go for that. Viktor, I’d like a brownie sundae with chocolate chip mint ice cream, hot fudge sauce, whipped cream, and mini M&M’s. Extra M&M’s on the side, please. Zzyyggy, it snows in New Zealand, right? Are you sure you’re ready for more snow? Of course, by the time the middle of August rolls around and the heat and humidity feel oppressive even I’ll be ready for snow. And I only like snow that looks pretty and doesn’t last too long. At least the cybercafe has year round temperatures between 75 degrees and 85 degrees unless we decide we need a storm. I like cloudy days and wind or the occasional storm.
  • NavyCurls
    NavyCurls Posts: 50 Member
    @LindaK125 I'd love to be in the snow - as long as I'm inside and someone else can run the errands for me. I'm just outside of Los Angeles, and it's supposed to be in the 90s today - typical summer weather, but I don't like it. So snow sounds like an awesome idea!! Maybe we can get Viktor's brother, Jorge, to run all of our errands for us?

Victor - for lunch, can I get spaghetti with meat sauce from Vince's (only because I haven't found anyone who can do meat sauce like them), garlic bread, a side salad with ranch (hold the tomatoes) and a Dr. Pepper? Lemon bars for dessert. I'll be on the front porch.
  • LindaK125
    @NavyCurls there’s a beautiful view of the ocean on the front porch at the cybercafe. We’ve got it all. There’s the view of the mountains from the terrace. You can also see the cyber farm and orchards from the terrace. And then the patio with the pool. There’s even a room under the pool or beside the pool. This place is like the TARDIS.

I need chocolate—I’m having a bad hair day. Yikes, got to go. Company.
  • NavyCurls
    @LindaK125 Hope you get felling better. I'll have Viktor bring over a red velvet cake with a cream cheese frosting.

I'll be looking at the mountain views with a good book and a blanket.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 972 Member
    Hi everyone, Linda chocolate does fix everything. Navyculs you look quite comfy there. I'm going for a swim first though. It's been hotter then you know where around here today. I finally dug out all my fans from the winter storage and they do cool the place right down. For dinner tonight they guys have set up the out door grills to grill anything to your satisfaction. I'm going to have a big porter house steak with baked potato and lots of butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. Watch out Cannonball coming Splash. AAAh that water feels good.
  • LindaK125
    @NavyCurls thanks for your concern—I’m fine, I’m just really having a bad hair day. Tropical weather is moving in and my summer hair is big and frizzy. We did have passing rain storms that didn’t drop much rain at our house, but the temperature dropped down to 68 degrees so I was happy.

Zzyyggy dinner was delicious. Thanks for asking the guys to grill tonight. And thank you @NavyCurls for the red velvet cake. Yum! I’ll have that with some of Francois’ homemade vanilla ice cream and coffee.

Zzyyggy, I think I’m going to have to practice my splash. I’m planning on spending afternoons at the cybercafe for awhile. Tomorrow it’s supposed to be 86 degrees and by Friday it will be 96 degrees. I wonder how humid it will be.
  • NavyCurls
    @LindaK125 my hair gets just as frizzy, which is the main reason I keep it up all the time.

@Zzyyggy - a good steak sounds so good. I'll take a Santa Maria tri-tip with a loaded baked potato, a dinner roll with butter, a side salad with ranch, and a chocolate shake.

I better go work up an appetite - lap time!!!!
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi everyone Linda I hope you have AC to combat that humidity. 96 degrees is bad enough. Our weather is suppose to cool down and it actually did today although it was muggy here in the real world. Navycurls hope you enjoyed the swim. Tonight I'm going to have the barbecued chicken with potato salad and corn on the cob with lots of butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I think I'll have a slice of chocolate ice cream cake with some hot fudge sauce on it and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    I’m starving. I haven’t had dinner yet. Everything sounds yummy, but I’m in the mood for macaroni and cheese with a salad and garlic bread. Viktor says it will be right out. Zzyyggy, thanks for putting ice cream cake on the menu. I can’t wait!

Zzyyggy, the air conditioning is on 24/7. Evenings in the South get humid. The temperature can be in the high 60’s or 70’s and the humidity is usually over 90% until morning. Once the sun comes up the humidity burns off. We don’t open the windows at night—the house would be too damp.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, boy did we just have a rip snortin thunderstorm. I was at the Y waiting for SSTA and the rain really came down with thunder and lightening and gusts of wind. I'm glad I shut my windows before I left. The SSTA picked me up after the worst of it went past so it wasn't too bad. I love really nasty thunderstorms when I can sit and watch them from the inside. For dinner I'm going to have macaroni and cheese as well with garlic bread and butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'm pooped tonight from all that swimming I did earlier.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Oooh we had a t-storm as well but it wasn't as rip-roaring as yours must've been, Zzyyggy. I love a good thunderstorm myself. :) Maybe we can all sit by the windows tonight and watch them pass through.

I'm kind of hungry tonight. I haven't had a good cheesy veggie pizza in awhile with some cheesy breadsticks and sauce for dipping. For dessert could I please have a right-out-of-the-oven brownie filled with chocolate chips and topped with peanut butter ice cream? Just plain old cold water to drink. I'd be happy. :)

I hope you're all feeling good tonight!
  • LindaK125
    Viktor! I’m having what they’re having! Except for dessert. Chocolate chip cookies ice cream sandwich with mocha chip ice cream for me, please.

Zzyyggy, I like thunderstorms, too and I agree it’s better to watch them when you’re inside! The perfect place to watch a thunderstorm is the cybercafe’s indoor pool. It has those huge windows and we can have Igor and Jorge (Viktor’s brother, who knew?) set our recliners up. We don’t want to be too far from the indoor pool’s mini cafe. @NavyCurls —we’ll see you there.
  • NavyCurls
    @ReenieHJ - I love thunder storm as well. We don't typically have very many, and the ones we do pass through the night. So, I'll be there.

Viktor - Chicken fettuccine alfredo with broccoli, garlic bread, a side salad with ranch dressing, and a large, cold Dr. Pepper. For desert, a lemon bar.

This is going to be a good night. Especially after a long week at school, dealing with professors!!!
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi everyone, we had a little bit of a cool down its 56 degrees right now with a chilly wind blowing. It's also cloudy out there but no rain today. Alright we'll conjur up a thunderstorm or two tonight to watch. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a roast beef grinder with chips and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a couple of klondike bars and an iced mocha. I think I'll go for a swim in the cyber pool first though.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, I have a feeling that I’m going to be wishing for chilly, windy weather on Friday when it’s supposed to be 96 degrees in Charlotte. We had a beautiful 84 degrees today with 30–34% humidity today. (Finally a good hair day.) Wouldn’t that be wonderful in the middle of August—our warmest weather. It’s probably starting to cool off in the middle of August in Vermont.

I’m going to join you at the indoor cyber pool for another stormy night. I think I’ll go for a swim first, too, and then have seafood salad on a croissant with chips and a Dr. Pepper. Francois made brownie crust ice cream cakes. I ordered the coffee ice cream, slathered with fudge sauce and whipped cream, sprinkled with chocolate covered espresso beans. I’ll add some M&M’s from my stash, because everything is better with M&M’s.
  • NavyCurls
    @LindaK125 Come on over. It'll be in the high 60s on Friday, High 60s to low 80s for the next week and a half.

As long as the pool's heated, I'm happy. Viktor - breakfast burrito, please?
  • Zzyyggy
    edited May 2022
    Hi everyone. I'm pooped tonight. Our elevator was down and I just walked up five flights of stairs. That was after a 45 minute walk outside. Fortunately my brother-in-law came over and helped me with my stuff. Otherwise I wouldn't have made it. So for dinner tonight I'm going to start off with a huge glass of ice water, and then coca cola. Proceed to a prime rib dinner with baked potato, salad and another coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with chocolate sauce and an extra large iced mocha. I think that should satisfy my thirst. Linda today here in the real world would have been perfect for you. Gorgeous day sunny wise with a cold wind blowing, but no humidity so a good hair day. Navycurls, the indoor pool is always heated to a comfortable 82 degrees or however warm you might like it.
  • LindaK125
    @NavyCurls —zzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip, I’ll be right there! Zzyyggy! If I had to walk five flights of stairs I’d have to wait until the elevator was repaired or move to the first floor. My knees are bad. Friday I’ll be getting synvisc shots for both knees. Hoping it helps for a bit.

Viktor, I’m ready for dessert. It’s been a long day and last night’s dessert is still calling to me. Yup, the ice cream cake with the brownie crust, coffee ice cream slathered with chocolate fudge sauce and then whipped cream, sprinkled with chocolate covered espresso beans, please. And I can’t find my bucket of M&M’s. Despair.
  • NavyCurls
    @LindaK125 - I got you, girl. One giant vat of M&Ms coming right up!

I'd be out of breath doing 5 stairs, it may hurt. I run out of breathe walking up a hill to the parking structure at work.

Viktor - HoneyNut Cheerios with 2% milk, a bowl of red grapes, strawberry halves and cantaloupe, and a plain bagel with cream cheese, please, and a large cold cup of OJ, no pulp.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, I'm still tired from last night's stair climb; I'm surprised I did it. I would have had a long wait though. They didn't get the elevator fixed until earlier this afternoon. For tonight's dinner I'm going to have some macaroni and cheese with garlic bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some of Betty Crocker's Better then Anything Cake and an iced mocha. Got all my laundry done today it's a good thing the washer/dryer are on the same floor. I'm still tired though.