What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    is this unpopular? idk... but flavored yogurt is gross

I agree...not 'real' yogurt. Basically a sugary pudding.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    I don't like anything banana flavor. Even when I ate tons of bananas.

I'm not a fan of fruit in desserts. Some strawberry filling, cherries and my moms raspberry cream cheese bars were amazing.
  • VegjoyP
    Apple pie is over rated and cherry pie is under rated
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »

I like all pies lol
  • 88AViva
    88AViva Posts: 499 Member
    Pesto makes me sick 🤮
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    After 48 plus years of "Just try them!" at Christmas dinners (traditional English-style, thanks to Mum!), I finally announced "I just don't like brussel sprouts!" Nope, just don't. I've tried them in different ways, but nope.

And asparagus.....blech! Tastes, smells and feels like snot to me.
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    After 48 plus years of "Just try them!" at Christmas dinners (traditional English-style, thanks to Mum!), I finally announced "I just don't like brussel sprouts!" Nope, just don't. I've tried them in different ways, but nope.

Ew yes Asparagus is just gross 🤢
    Brussels sprouts are amazing though 😍
  • PAPYRUS3

Ew yes Asparagus is just gross 🤢
    Brussels sprouts are amazing though 😍

You speak the truth!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member

Okay, I actually love asparagus (and brussels sprouts!). The two vegetables I can't stand (that come to mind, anyway) are bell peppers and okra
  • KL1887
    KL1887 Posts: 114 Member
    I can’t stand gravy, my husband and kids all love things like chips (fries) and gravy, whereas it just makes me feel sick.

I only eat plain/ready salted flavoured crisps (chips) because I can’t stand the smell of others
  • VegjoyP
    I love brussel sprouts, okra, asparagus, however green peppers upset my stomach unless they are cooked- my mom used to make an awesome peppers and egg sandwich on a Keiser roll for road trips. I loved it!
    I do not like cantalope and plain strawberries. Too sour.(Usually).
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    This is so funny because I'm the type that says she doesn't like things without even trying them.

Beets....ended up not liking them

Brussel sprouts...surprisingly liked them but I only really had them from the whole foods hot bar

I WANT to like strawberries more than I do. I shouldn't have them because of the seeds but, at one point, the only way I ate them was cut up in pieces and mixed into greek yogurt with sugar free chocolate syrup mixed in.

Love asparagus. :)
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    Pork pies, scotch eggs, black pudding, pickled eggs and jellied eels etc... ALL of those old fashioned 'meat' products are just Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww! 🤢
    And don't even get me started on pate`
    🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
  • PAPYRUS3
    Pork pies, scotch eggs, black pudding, pickled eggs and jellied eels etc... ALL of those old fashioned 'meat' products are just Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww! 🤢
    And don't even get me started on pate`
    🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

I'm not quite sure how 'unpopular' this view is...I think it might belong in the 'I still wouldn't eat it if it's the last thing on earth' category.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    is this unpopular? idk... but flavored yogurt is gross

agreed. I can't stand it.
  • Mojo_Minx
    Mojo_Minx Posts: 24 Member
    edited May 2022
    Cheese is disgusting. 🤢 And, yes, it's a flavor thing for me. I keep trying new ones... they all stink (pun intended). The worsts by far: Nacho Cheese and Blue Cheese.
  • PAPYRUS3

so true...I don't like apple pie at all though

Sweet potato with marshmallows on top and made with lots of brown sugar and butter
    Pineapple on pizza
    Sweet pickles
    Pineapple
  • beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    Ugh - fried okra is nasty, like battered snot .
    Raw onions are indistinguishable from rancid body odor. (Cooked onions are fine.)
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

so true...I don't like apple pie at all though

Sweet potato with marshmallows on top and made with lots of brown sugar and butter
    Pineapple on pizza
    Sweet pickles
    Pineapple

(Just a note...the above is nasty...just in case someone read this as things I like😆)
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Cilantro
    Olives