Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Ah, Bella, sounds beautiful. But there is context with my beautiful DIL that I just don't have the energy (right?) to get into here. She is a wonderful woman. But come hell or high water she must do this her way - or forever feel she has no control over her own life. Maybe in a few years? Maybe in one year? I'm treading very delicate territory. So my approach will be to offer full out support and be a cheering section. Hopefully she will feel good about herself and be as happy as possible - and thus my son and The Boy will be happy also. They both know I would travel there in a blink. Perhaps that is a problem in itself?

I would wait until it naturally happens for you to travel there and visit, once they're there and established. Visit, gosh, it's lovely, etc. Arrange a second visit in 3-4 months, at the end of that visit, float moving there so you can be local. That way she has time to get settled and have things her way.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Alex, I don’t know how you do it!

I threw a salad together and baked some lean ground beef patties….called it dinner!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    You're on TURBO today!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,546 Member
    I would wait until it naturally happens for you to travel there and visit, once they're there and established. Visit, gosh, it's lovely, etc. Arrange a second visit in 3-4 months, at the end of that visit, float moving there so you can be local. That way she has time to get settled and have things her way.

Love this, Alexandra. I know now is not the time, but it is always hard just "NOT" to do something. This brings in thoughts of something I CAN do eventually. If it seems like a good idea. Thank you.
  • conniewilkins56
    I know I complain about my family living with us but I might miss them if they were not with us!….although visits 5 or 6 times a year might be nice!
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Hubby decided to make whitefish for dinner since it is much healthier than red meat. I’m not a fish eater at all. I ate a filet. Less than 100 calories so it’s super high protein for very little calories, however it still tasted like fish. Lol He’s on a mission to find a fish that I will like. My poor stomach may not survive.
  • PAV8888
    @gewel321 how about shellfish (higher cholesterol would be an objection I guess), or grilled fish or, dare I say, (lightly) breaded?
  • conniewilkins56
    gewel321 wrote: »
    Hubby decided to make whitefish for dinner since it is much healthier than red meat. I’m not a fish eater at all. I ate a filet. Less than 100 calories so it’s super high protein for very little calories, however it still tasted like fish. Lol He’s on a mission to find a fish that I will like. My poor stomach may not survive.

Well, hello there!…haven’t seen you here for a while….how are you doing?….welcome back!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Ended up being a veggie burger & bread bun from the freezer! Was alright? Need to do some shopping!
  • lauriekallis
    Hello Gewel321!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    I love fish, but I am picky about texture. Like, I enjoy Salmon, Red Snapper, Tilapia, Branzino... but I hate the texture of Cod. And I only like tuna either from a can OR raw, but not seared.

Tonight I am making a burrito bowl with rice, chicken, roasted corn, peppers, onions, salsa, sour cream, and avocado.
  • lauriekallis
    I just don't know what's for supper tonight. I'm baking a cake for a friend...perhaps that will be supper tonight? Depends on how the calories for the day are going otherwise.
    Field of greens salad for lunch - get the bunnies in before I have to rely on those cacao bunnies.
  • PAV8888
    I think you need to plan more bunnies🐇🐰 Laurie, before you touch the 🍫💩🐹🤣
  • conniewilkins56
    Last night John wasn’t hungry so I was on my own for dinner…I MIXED shredded chicken, black beans,mexi corn ,diced onions,peppers,tomatoes, and garlic in a pan…broke up 3 Las Bandertas corn tostados, poured my slop on top, added mozzerella cheese and it was so good…I had a huge plate of nachos for less than 500 calories!…was it as good as high calorie cheesy fat laden ones? No but it was pretty darn good probably 1/4 the calories and it filled me up!….we cant always have what we want when we want it!….now that’s a novel idea lol….
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    gewel321 wrote: »

Well, hello there!…haven’t seen you here for a while….how are you doing?….welcome back!

Hey Connie. It has been a while. Back at it. Glad to see you’re still here and living your best life!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Dinner tonight was grilled center cut pork chops, with mashed cauliflower, green beans tossed in bacon drippings with black pepper, and wild rice pilaf for me. Also there were cornbread muffins with butter, and applesauce.

I can handle about two ounces of applesauce with a meal without having too bad an intolerance reaction, so that is good. I'm feeling a little overstuffed, to be honest. But it was all very tasty. I'm just going to sit here for a minute and bask in the glow of yummy food.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    Trying to figure out some ideas to put in a salad. Thinking next week lunches will be salads. Chicken will be my protein of choice because I will be having eggs with breakfast. I also am not a huge fan of fruit in salad.