What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Had two days of rest this week. Finally got to ride the bike this morning. Two of us rode an "out and back" route that had almost all of the climbing on the way out (2833ft) and very little on the return. Ended up getting 55.4miles in just over 3hrs. 17.1mph average. This was a good training ride.
    Both of us rode our tri bikes and were focused on power output and HR. I spent a lot of time in the aero
    position, trying to capture every opportunity to gain free speed and efficiency. My suspicion is that the new wheels helped, since my power output was roughly the same, yet my speed was slightly higher than average.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Easier day today as I finished up the rock wall/garden. Wasn't too bad. Got out early, zero digging (all the plants are planted). Just positioning rocks for around 90 minutes.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Elliptical 130 minutes for 10 miles.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited May 2022
    I intended to have a day off yesterday, as I was a bit broken, but a friend invited me on a hike with her. So I ended up doing a 15 miles hike. My hypothesis is that I am now unbroken, so I'll go for a climb later.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Congratulations @AnnPT77 for being able to finally get back on the water! I think we all know how much you hate your indoor workouts. :smiley:

55-ish minutes on the elliptical for me today. I went a little longer just so I could hit 3 miles. Mostly Zone 2, with ~10 minutes in Zone 3. This was followed by my easy strength training circuit. You know, I'm not lifting very much and I'm not really following any particular lifting "program" (except the "don't hurt yourself" program.. haha), but I can visibly notice more definition in my arms, shoulders, and legs. It's pretty cool how little it takes to add a little bit of muscle when you start with nothing.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    edited May 2022
    dralicephd wrote: »
    Congratulations @AnnPT77 for being able to finally get back on the water! I think we all know how much you hate your indoor workouts. :smiley:

Thank you. I wouldn't say "hate" . . . so maybe I've just been complaining too much? 🤣

They're just not very fun (which rowing on water and biking on trails are), and I get pretty tired of them by the end of the Winter. This Winter was particularly dragged out, it seemed like. I do feel much better overall (physically and psychologically) if I keep working out, and I'd detrain pretty severely - I think - if I didn't do Winter workouts (plus starting over from zero in Spring stinks), so I do them. I just get impatient for the fun part.

55-ish minutes on the elliptical for me today. I went a little longer just so I could hit 3 miles. Mostly Zone 2, with ~10 minutes in Zone 3. This was followed by my easy strength training circuit. You know, I'm not lifting very much and I'm not really following any particular lifting "program" (except the "don't hurt yourself" program.. haha), but I can visibly notice more definition in my arms, shoulders, and legs. It's pretty cool how little it takes to add a little bit of muscle when you start with nothing.

It seems like there's a bit of definition, and a nice sort of taut feeling, that comes even before much muscle mass is added - an early reward? And of course, substantial strength improvement precedes mass gain when we're new (or resuming after a long hiatus), and that's pretty great, too! Congratulations to you on finding a route through injury avoidance to strength improvement: That can be tricky!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    After my neck feeling bad all last week and a headache most of it (felt like I was fighting something off), back at it today. Just a 30 minute row (6300 or so meters) and LateralX to complete an hour.
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    My body is still sore from all the landscaping. I took it easy today and did 30 minutes yoga concentrating on holding stretches that are good for my back.
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    90 minutes of gardening/landscaping for me today. Hoping the deer and squirrels don’t dig the young plants right up/eat them!
    Plus a 3 mile hike
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member

55-ish minutes on the elliptical for me today. I went a little longer just so I could hit 3 miles.

@AnnPT77 She's correct. We all realize you like the water better!

@dralicephd See now your sounding like me! "I went a little longer just so I could hit 3 miles."

• dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    swimmom_1 wrote: »

55-ish minutes on the elliptical for me today. I went a little longer just so I could hit 3 miles.

@AnnPT77 She's correct. We all realize you like the water better!

@dralicephd See now your sounding like me! "I went a little longer just so I could hit 3 miles."

Well, you can't just leave it at 2.7!!! :D
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited May 2022
    drmwc wrote: »
    I intended to have a day off yesterday, as I was a bit broken, but a friend invited me on a hike with her. So I ended up doing a 15 miles hike. My hypothesis is that I am now unbroken, so I'll go for a climb later.

I was indeed unbroken. (The second time I did a 28 mile hike, a few years ago now, the day aftwerwards my younger niece was visiting. I was a lot less fit then. She observed that: "You are a toy and and you are broken!")

Climbing was fun. I was time constrained, so only had 90 minutes. I pretty much flashed all the v3s I tried - one pumpy overhang out of a cave took a few tries. The v4s are way harder, I eventually got one, which took many tries. I didn't have time to do too many of the others in earnest; they are certainly above my flash grade. I got a couple of dynos, maybe I'm finally improving at them.

I got 9 miles walking in throughout the day.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    I was carrying quite a bit of fatigue from the weekend long ride, yard work and truck hauling duties, so my trail run turned into a short run/walk last night.

I really need to swim more, but until my sinus congestion clears up, the pool will have to wait. It will be perfect weather today, so I'll plan on an easy bike ride tonight.
  • Bodenista
    Bodenista Posts: 146 Member
    azuki84 wrote: »
    3am workout (i love it!!!)
    55lb dumbells reverse lunge 3x8
    75lb Cable crunch 3x10
    335lb leg press 3x10
    135lb leg curl 3x8
    120lb leg ext 3x10
    60lb hip thrust 3x10

Wow 3am, I admire the dedication - well done!!
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    Two hours gardening. Still a bit fatigued but I was able to get some good work done.
  • bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    12 minutes of 1 muscle snatch and 1 high hang snatch, 4 min at 50%, 4 min at 56ish%, 4 min at 70%, then 3 sets of 4 front squats at 60%, 70% and 80% respectively. It was supposed to be 5 sets of 4, with the last 3 all at 80% but I couldn't mentally bring myself after the first set at 80%. It's so heavy. Apparently it's preparing us for some kind of competition? Not sure if I'm expected to participate considering I've only done like 15 oly classes so far in my life, 14 of which were snatch-focused, I remember doing a heavy c&j once exactly.

Also I twisted my already bad ankle yesterday so walking hurts and I've been exhausted and unfocused from the pain but acc to my physio I'm allowed to do everything and surprisingly jumping, even during snatches, does not hurt at all.