WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    One thing I am really appreciating about COVID is that we can send people home from work if they're experiencing any illness ... even just slightly! We can also put our masks on and tell them to keep their distance as they are packing up to go.

There's no more soldiering on at work through illness ... and thus there is a lot less illness spreading through offices. :smile:

I've thought this is how it should be since I started working decades ago.

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    We’re stocked up for groceries and happy to be at home. DH is sleeping. I hope he rests well.

I am watching an Osprey across the river from us. The pair have been spending spring and summer here for many years. Over the years we have noticed the pair arrive at different times. Only one is here now. I hope both will eventually arrive and have baby birds.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    <3
  • Bodenista
    Bodenista Posts: 146 Member
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Bodenista welcome, we chat about everything (except politics and religion), and are world wide, join in where you would like, it is fast paced we'd love to get to know you.

Kim in N. California

Hi Kim and thank you for the lovely welcome. It's midnight here and about to go to bed but will post tomorrow 🙂
  • Bodenista
    wahmx3 wrote: »
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    Hi from Nome AK,

Ella and I had good travels yesterday. I was surprised at how few people wore masks throughout all our travels. At the Seattle and Anchorage airports I felt a bit out of place wearing my mask. The vast majority of people weren't wearing a mask and weren't distancing. Nome weather is beautiful but the hills to the north here have fog and snow, so we have to wait for better visibility to fly to camp. It looks like the forecast is for clearing weather tomorrow. Once I leave Nome I won't have cell service or internet and won't be able to be in touch. I leave my computer and cell here at my son's house until I head back south in the fall.

Barbie and Kylia hoping you get good information and a good plan going forward for your husbands heart issues.

Lanette I would love to shop at the produce stand you described. I love to shop at the local farmers market when I'm in WA. Sometimes I find the freshest produce and I love the fresh honey and some of the crafts. I'd be at that barn when it opened, too.

Wishing everyone a safe and wonderful summer. I look forward to connecting in the fall.

Betsy (in Alaska now)

I'm going on a cruise to Alaska in sept! Can't wait to see the scenery and do a couple of excursions. I've heard so many wonderful things.
    Shelley

Oh gosh Shelley I am so envious. I am in the UK but I recently read a book that was set in Alaska and now I really want to go there. I hope you have a fabulous time and I'd love e to hear all about it when you get back.
  • Bodenista
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Bodenista wrote: »
    Hi I'm new here and I'm 54 so I qualify for this thread on that basis lol

Is this a thread for just general chat about our day? I'm in the UK and would love to join?

General chat with a wellness emphasis. :)

Thank you 😊
  • Bodenista
    Bodenista wrote: »
    Hi I'm new here and I'm 54 so I qualify for this thread on that basis lol

Is this a thread for just general chat about our day? I'm in the UK and would love to join?

General chat with a wellness emphasis. :)

Gorgeous photos Heather and hope your back gets sorted.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,023 Member
    Carla A good friend and neighbor just came down with COVID. She came outside to tell me so I kept a distance, but I let DrewB run up to her be knowing she was sick. She bent down and petted her. I did have to tell her that she could give COVID DrewB COVID. I will still be her friend. I will just be more cautious because she is more lack than me. I am keeping Drew isolated for five days to make sure she is not infected.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,956 Member
    I did my dumbbells! Yay! 40 reps.

Annie in Delaware
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,721 Member
    Pip!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,385 Member
    This was our matchmaker! She introduced me to Lee at the bank. Florie Milligan was her name from Ireland. She worked in International banking dept.💖👍
    73ge2a2j6145.jpg
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,385 Member
    Oh no Pip! 😢. Hugs!!!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    pip- sending good thoughts.

Kim in N. California
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    Thanks ladies for your support with my rental disaster ❣️ The biggest expense is buying a new refrigerator and over the stove microwave. We will be working hard for the next few weeks. I don't mind hard work because I can eat more 😜. We will still be coming to Minnesota every year for the summer to visit family until we get too old to drive! We actually bought the property next to ours just so someone didn't buy it to put up an apartment building! That property is over an acre in the city and they are looking for space for that. We got it really cheap because it needs $50,000 in a DIY project. The bank got it back but honored our agreement even though they were offered twice what we paid for it. We can sell it or do the DIY project and possibly triple our money. What would you advise us to do???

<3 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    Barbara - According to my book Zulies are the smoke jumpers out of, Missoula, Montana. )My phone autocorrected and I didn’t notice when it said Missouri). They are the firefighters that fight wildfires by jumping out of planes into the area of the fire to fight it on the ground.

Karen - I was thinking the same about a negative test. Our staff are allowed to return to work 48 hours after symptoms subside now.

My friend is waiting for a surgery, she was told that it she was to get Covid she would have to wait 6 weeks because of the anesthesia, they want to make sure there are no issues.

Allie - that Jean is a piece of work.

Kay - Hugs. That’s a lot going on.

Alone time - From October to end of April I never have alone time unless I drive somewhere. Last year and this year I am having most evenings and weekends alone. I would like a happy medium, but like Kelly says “careful what you wish for”.

Shelly - you must be in the East Coast of Canada are you? I’m originally from NB. I’m looking forward to the long weekend too, mine is starting Friday.

Kim - I agree some weddings are more about the wedding and amount of money spent instead of the marriage. We were married in a friends backyard with about 12 guests. I wish it would have been bigger with more family and friends present, but the marriage has lasted almost 35 years so that is the main thing.

Carla - I agree too many relationships have been ruined due to this virus, I think people should do what’s best for themselves and their families without ruining relationships though.

Machka - I do agree, I remember being forced to go work or work with someone who should have been in bed so many times.

I went for a 1km walk last night and tonight. I’m going to try to get built back up to my 5K again. No walking tomorrow night though because I’m going to Kaitlyn’s to watch tonight’s episode of This is Us with her.

Pip - I hope this doesn’t ruin your cruise. Feel better soon!

Tracey in Edmonton

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,553 Member
    One thing I am really appreciating about COVID is that we can send people home from work if they're experiencing any illness ... even just slightly! We can also put our masks on and tell them to keep their distance as they are packing up to go.

There's no more soldiering on at work through illness ... and thus there is a lot less illness spreading through offices. :smile:

I've thought this is how it should be since I started working decades ago.

M in Oz

Agreed. I really wished to see the end of our "work sick" culture. If you are sick. Stay home. I have so much enjoyed not being sick with every little virus that was floating around. But people have started to run around sick again. I hate it.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR