WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Back is a shade easier this morning. I'm going to use the recumbent cycle and do some floor stretches. It's the perfect day for a run, but I'm giving it a miss.
    Pizza and wine yesterday took me way over, of course, but I was feeling very sorry for myself. :s New leaf today and AF. I'm looking forward to my massage tomorrow. I have only had three or four massages in my life! I generally think they are too expensive, but needs must.

Pip - Hope you are OK. :'(

Bodenista - Whereabouts are you from? I live in Brighton and Hove on the South Coast.

Breakfast calls. Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    One thing I am really appreciating about COVID is that we can send people home from work if they're experiencing any illness ... even just slightly! We can also put our masks on and tell them to keep their distance as they are packing up to go.

There's no more soldiering on at work through illness ... and thus there is a lot less illness spreading through offices. :smile:

I've thought this is how it should be since I started working decades ago.

M in Oz

Agreed. I really wished to see the end of our "work sick" culture. If you are sick. Stay home. I have so much enjoyed not being sick with every little virus that was floating around. But people have started to run around sick again. I hate it.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

Since 2018 when my husband has the accident I have been much more careful about contact with people and of course especially since 2020.

Prior to 2018 I would get horrendous long flus and cold several times a year. I'd feel unwell and often really sick for about a third of my year. I suspect going to uni didn't help plus the careless attitude people had about being sick.

Since 2018, I have hardly ever been sick.

Makes a big difference!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    568vtb09gk37.jpeg
    Went to ER today. Lots happened, will explain when I have energy

Bicycle accident?
    Broken collarbone?

:heart:
  • Machka9
    Maybe Friday ...

vh567n0286z0.png

My current job is noisy. Lots of online meetings and phone calls. Lots of talking. And no walls between each other - open plan.

I head out at lunch but lately the weather hasn't been great (early winter) so I've been staying in the shopping areas rather than attempting a hike into slightly less populated areas ... and they're noisy too.

And the bus is noisy.

So when I get home, as often as I can lately, I take Rhody out for a walk. His walks involve standing in one spot for some time - 5 or 10 minutes - and then we dash to another spot and stand there for a while.

It's dark and quiet.

tsrto7zndk6m.png

Machka in Oz
  • Bodenista
    Bodenista Posts: 146 Member
    Maybe Friday ...

vh567n0286z0.png

My current job is noisy. Lots of online meetings and phone calls. Lots of talking. And no walls between each other - open plan.

I head out at lunch but lately the weather hasn't been great (early winter) so I've been staying in the shopping areas rather than attempting a hike into slightly less populated areas ... and they're noisy too.

And the bus is noisy.

So when I get home, as often as I can lately, I take Rhody out for a walk. His walks involve standing in one spot for some time - 5 or 10 minutes - and then we dash to another spot and stand there for a while.

It's dark and quiet.

tsrto7zndk6m.png

Machka in Oz

I love the photo.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Morning ladies
    Slept well last night..
    Pip- lordy what happened?
  • Bodenista
    Bodenista Posts: 146 Member
    edited May 2022
    Morning!

Today I am getting back to my exercise regime after Covid threw me off course for a month and have struggled with getting back on the weight loss and exercise wagon ever since.

It's a beautiful day here so I am going to walk into town - no bus for me today! Then I am going to do a 20 min HIIT workout on my exercise bike later and I think that is enough for my first day 💪

I am going to the library to pick up a book I ordered. Reading is one of my loves and obsessions and has been since I was a child so I am looking forward to starting my new book later.

PIP - gosh that looks painful, I hope you're OK.🤗

BARBARA - I hope you get some rest and start to feel better.🤗

LISAINARKANSAS - Thank you for the welcomeand I hope you get some sleep and feel better soon 🤗

CITYJANELONDON - I'm glad to hear that your back is a bit better. Don't beat yourself up about going over yesterday, it happens sometimes and like you said today is a new day and I like that positive attitude.👍

I live in Yorkshire and I do love Brighton.

Have a fabulous day everyone 💫💫

Bodenista UK
  • Machka9
    exermom wrote: »
    Lisa – Vince does the exact same thing with his prescriptions! Keeps a spreadsheet and takes that. Actually, he’s given it to nurses and they’ve commented how great it was and how they wished other people would do the same. He also keeps a spreadsheet of his operations and when they ask you at the doctor’s, he just writes “see attached”.

Michele NC
    Michele - Yeah, I didn't mention it, but my spreadsheet contains my list of my surgeries, too - who can remember exactly when they had a surgery that was about 40 years ago? I keep a copy in my wallet always, just in case of emergencies.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

I do as well.

I have all my surgeries, significant illnesses, ongoing issues, prescriptions and allergies listed. I've also got family histories listed.

I've also got one for my husband but it's not quite as extensive.

I had them on my phone, but might not at the moment. I've been doing a lot of file clean-up recently. They will be back on my phone shortly.

I print off paper copies when I have medical appointments.

Wouldn't be without that info!!

Machka in Oz

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    edited May 2022
    Double posted 😝
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    edited May 2022
    Up and out early this morning to do our weekly grocery shop. All set for another week of healthy eating.

Rebecca: Looks like Athena had fun with Mickey. 🥰 your wedding photos.
    Heather: Good to know that your back has eased.
    Barbie: Sending good wishes for Jake.
    Good grief!!! (((‘Pip)))
    Bodenista: My brother lives in Yorkshire. Lovely county.

Many people are too blasé about Covid, and have little consideration about how their behaviour can impact other peoples lives. I’m glad I have the choice to continue to take sensible precautions.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️Terri
  • Machka9
    Many people are too blasé about Covid, and have little consideration about how their behaviour can impact other peoples lives. I’m glad I have the choice to continue to take sensible precautions.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️Terri

I agree! My husband falls into a high risk category so I'm not impressed by those who have a cavalier attitude about it all.

On the plus side ... he'll go for his 4th vax at the end of the month because of his high risk status.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Bodenista wrote: »
    I am going to the library to pick up a book I ordered. Reading is one of my loves and obsessions and has been since I was a child so I am looking forward to starting my new book later.

Have a fabulous day everyone 💫💫

Bodenista UK

I've been debating about going to the library again. I stopped going because I'd start on a series and couldn't get the whole series. There would be 2 of the 3 books in a trilogy or books 1, 4 and 7 out of a collection. I was told I could try ordering them, but quite often I'd find there was a list of people ahead of me who wanted the books. So I'd read Book 1 and it could be months before I'd see Book 2. It just wasn't great for settling into an interesting series.

I also found the 3 weeks allowed for the books limiting as I can only read on weekends. I constantly had overdue books and was constantly paying for the extra time.

So I started going to Op Shops ... and started finding whole series there for $1-2 each book and I can read them at my own leisure. :):)

But I've been tempted to try the library again. Apparently they've dropped the overdue book fee.

Machka in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    :) I rarely have alone time at home. When Jake takes a nap or sleeps late, I have to be quiet so that's not the same as alone time. I don't wish for it, I just enjoy it when it happens. Today he has to drive to the hospital an hour away for a nuclear imagining appointment for his heart.

:) I get my books from the library or from Paperback Swap, an online place to connect with people who have books to trade. For the cost of postage, I've gotten hundreds of books that weren't available at the library. I love reading books in a series, so I can get to know the characters better. Sometimes I have to wait for a book I want, but since I have a wide range of books I want to read, it doesn't matter.

:) Jake just got a new med added to his list so we have to redo the list in his wallet and the list in the fridge for 911. He takes care of his own list.

:) We are fortunate that we can easily stay home most of the time and when we talk to people in our neighbourhood, we are standing outside at a distance. When we do have to go somewhere, we wear masks and stay distanced.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    I walked over to the fish market at the harbour with DH. He went on for his longer walk and I went in to buy fish. Had a long discussion with the serving guy about bad backs. :p Bought smoked haddock, hake, monkfish and skate. Also frozen King prawns. Plus a packet of coppa for Edie if she comes over. It is her favourite food. And gluten free. :)
    I brought it all home in a rucksack, but my back was still very sore by the time I got home. :( Still, I am delighted to have all that fish in the freezer.
    Tonight is fresh pesto with broccoli, artichoke, peas and broad beans and big prawns. I will have mine without pasta to atone for last night. 😋
    Pink AF wine.

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Machka9
    It's for whatever you want it to be for, Bodenista! WELCOME!!!

Great pix, Heather! What fun.

I'm sorry, Margaret. That must be so hard to keep Drew in quarantine.

Oh no, pip! Prayers

While I do agree with you M, I don't agree with shaming and that's what I feel the world has turned to. People are rude and callous. Talking behind your back or abusive to your face when you cough or sneeze due to allergies or dust.

Gotta scoot to work... at my desk... in my kitchen... right'chere!
    Love ya!

Carla, in MN

I haven't noticed rudeness here. Most people just ignore each other. But no, rudeness isn't good.

I have noticed that the masks come in handy to help ward off allergens! And reduce smells like the cigarette smoke from the smokers I have to walk past on my way to work. I don't sneeze nearly as much as I used to.

People don't seem to mind if others cough or sneeze with masks on and/or into our elbows ... and well away from others.

M in Oz