May 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,941 Member
    Great run @martaindale .

Glad you're legs are good today @polskagirl01 . It could be a combination of all of those things. I do take walk breaks when I run. That's supposed to help reduce the stress on your legs and I'm rarely sore.... not even after my horrible half last year.
  • SwimBikeRun_Mom
    SwimBikeRun_Mom Posts: 46 Member
    RE: Monthly Question - Running up a hill: Depending on my intent this may vary, but generally speaking I try to shorten my stride a bit, increase my cadence, and relax my effort a little bit, with the intention to maintain my overall effort throughout the hill. So if I was running at an RPE of 7, at the hill I'll back by effort down to a 6 for the hill.

I also recently realized that I tend to look down when I run, so I am working on keep my chin up to breath easier - on flats and hills!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,941 Member
    @Scott6255 Nice run. That's hot for 4am!

@martaindale Sounds like your speed was perfect if you were not sure you could have done more. At least, that's my gage for those things.

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited May 2022
    I met a friend in town and we ran 5 miles this morning before work.

Thanks for all the responses on the monthly question. @SwimBikeRun_Mom I'm guilty of keeping my head down when running up hills. It's discouraging to me to see how far I have to go to get to the top!