Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Athijade wrote: »
    Trying to figure out some ideas to put in a salad. Thinking next week lunches will be salads. Chicken will be my protein of choice because I will be having eggs with breakfast. I also am not a huge fan of fruit in salad.

Garbanzo beans, feta cheese, turkey, skinny girl poppyseed dressing,spinach,romaine,iceberg,walnuts or sliced almonds,shredded cheese, black or red beans,petite frozen peas….I love salad!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,592 Member
    Athijade - beans work well for me in a salad. Black, red kidney or mixed. They give it a real substantial feeling.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Eating at maintenance today. I have a raging sinus infection and my body needs fuel to heal itself. At least that’s what the dr says. Let hubby make dinner while I rested. Chicken bites, Mac and cheese, and baked beans. 🤦‍♀️ He sure went for broke!
  • lauriekallis
    Picked up one of these for supper tonight - PC Blue Menu Southwest-Style Chili Protein Bowl.
    Not too bad. 280 calories 15 g of protein. Tasty. Salty (which tasted perfect to me today.
    Brown rice and quinoa, peppers, soy crumble, beans and corn with chipotle sauce
  • conniewilkins56
    I had noodle soup for lunch and two Lean Cuisine for dinner….it was A DAY!….too much sodium but ok on calories!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,242 Member
    Tonight I am making a soba noodle bowl with shrimp, sugar snap peas, mushrooms, spinach, and green onion tossed with a thai almond sauce.
  • lauriekallis
    field greens for lunch, veggie weiners and little potatoes for supper - with some veggie from the freezer.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,545 Member
    edited May 2022
    Pre arranged schnitzel dinner with friends tonight. Kebab dinner with downstairs neighbors on Friday. What to bring/get for them? Unfortunately on top of multiple days (six out of last seven of basic overeating). Three of which just bad and three really bad. By my count a clear 3,500-4500 over maintenance in total

Have to actually estimate the full fish and chip and Betty Crocker baked downstairs overage before I know how much over in total. Not even hormonally driven (I do recall how that felt in the fall of 2020). Just your basic (tired and slightly stressed) 🐹 fail. Not even the good food aspect that was there only on some of the occasions (half of yesterday for example but not the other half). Actually finally smartenned up and tossed🙀 the extra cake I had asked not to be given in the nice green bin!👍
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,810 Member
    Bring flowers - can’t eat those! Otherwise I guess the best answer for you PAV is to just control portions if you can’t control the food offerings. Try to resolve the stress as much as possible. Obviously you’ve had plenty of practice in maintaining by now.

Good work on tossing the cake! Sometimes you just have to hang in there and go forward....
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Not even hormonally driven (I do recall how that felt in the fall of 2020)

PS That was your classic rebound after taking the opportunity to go down five real trending weight lbs during the initial covid lockdown and then hitting the re-opening with dad stress and encouragement just as I should have been clamping down on the rebound tendencies and then straight into Canadian (October) Thanksgiving and Christmas season... which got me, in the end, the closest to the top of maintenance since I started muttering the M word in 2016

https://icedrive.net/s/8GV5Qb7wTjhjT2vAQCtuxaPkPavz

• lauriekallis
    Challenging week, PAV. You'll pull it together - tossing that cakes sounds like the first step! Next - bunnies. Lots and lots of bunnies.
  • PAV8888
    Thank you MFPeops! :blush:
  • PAV8888
    how soon is that taking place Connie?
  • conniewilkins56
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    how soon is that taking place Connie?

The drugs or the trip?

We are supposed to go the first week of June…Amanda’s husband is staying home as he doesn’t want to miss work or leave the house….Amanda is driving her car and we are going in ours…she is taking Aliyah and dog…we are taking johnnathan, his girl friend and a cat…our son and his wife are leaving a few days later and staying at a hotel….we will look like the Beverly Hillbillies arriving…the cabin is on a lake, very large cabin and very nice…parties are at johns nieces house….husband is a pilot and they are doing the parties, foods, etc….johns older brother and his wife live in their guest house!…we will have a couple of days alone at the cabin as our kids are going somewhere on the coast also…

We have a couple more days we can cancel if I am not delving better….when we get back all the testing starts on my heart and johns MRI or abnormality in his adrenal gland…

I don’t know how John is going to drive and sit in the car for 9 hours but he is determined to make this trip…I told him to fly but he wants all of us to go….he does so much for all of us so we are going to do this come Hell or high water!
  • conniewilkins56
    I meant “ doing better” not delving!
  • PAV8888
    I hope you delve better soon! :wink:
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    @conniewilkins56 sounds like it will be great for him and you once you get there. Enjoy your time with him and the kids!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,810 Member
    After just getting back from a weeklong visiting family trip, I feel for you Connie. While I enjoyed seeing everyone again, it is exhausting. Not really a vacation. All the old history, grudges, hurts come sneaking in.

Both hubby’s and my families live in northern Ohio but don’t make the effort to gather. We end up endlessly driving around, staying one night here and two nights there! This after flying in over 1000 miles! But in their defense most are not able to travel or can afford to. So we make our annual pilgrimage.