Replies

• enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,478 Member
    ✅ Exercise - 1 hour of Jazzercise and neighborhood walk
    ✅ Calories -
    ✅ Tracking -

Closed all my Apple watch rings today
    2 Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: P-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9–P-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 33 minute walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass days used - 1
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    3x yes

I don't have a sweet tooth so desserts and such aren't an issue for me. In fact it's rare that I even have any types of cravings that make me go overboard. However, it doesn't mean there is nothing that throws me off. For me the best strategy is to not buy it at all. If it's not in the house I won't be tempted.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,960 Member
    No sugar, honey, etc. in the house.
    Most sweets have ingredients that are known to cause IBD (I’ve had Crohn’s the past 25 year) so once I heard the medical study results I cut emulsifiers kageenan etc out of my diet.That knocks out Ice cream & baked goods. No ketchup, no commercial salad dressings, etc.

I was eatibgv82% dark chocolate & that was great, but needed to drastically reduce saturated fat, so we no longer buy/eat that.

Currently, besides fresh fruit, my husband eats a few dates & I have a “kiddie” box or two of raisins each day.

I have always found if I eat sugar, vegetables & fruits don’t taste as good.

Sugar (and sodium) make my appetite go into overdrive.

I promised myself I’d do whatever it took to maintain my weight.

✅✅❎ perfect calories & tracking which were my focus today.
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Caroline_slowandsteady Posts: 842 Member
    May 18
    Exercise: 15 minutes MommaStrong, a work field visit which was more standing around than walking, but some walking - at least 5 minutes of it.
    Tracking: Tracked it all
    Calories: Under

I wouldn't say I struggle with sugar particularly - just delicious food in general! Many years ago I tried giving up sugar entirely, but I made things like chia pudding with dates. I actually gained weight.

I wish I could just not have it in the house - but I have a wife and kids who all love their snacks and treats. So it is ALL in the house. What I try for and what usually works is to only have sugar for a bedtime treat (post-kid bedtime, pre-my bedtime). I portion it out and while eating it read MFP or a fitness book, to keep me focused. I brush my teeth right after so I don't go back for more. If I see something I want during the day I say to myself "that would be a great bedtime treat." I do also have 2 squares of dark chocolate a day - one before returning to work after lunch and one in the middle of kid bedtime routine - both times where my motivation is seriously flagging and that helps.

This is not to say I never struggle - sometimes I nibble a little, sometimes I nibble a lot. On Monday my daughter got a bakery treat and then didn't like it and left it out on the counter. I didn't like it either but somehow, a tiny nibble at a time, it went. But mostly it works OK.

One thing that helps me a lot with the nibbles is tea - decaf or herbal tea. I love it and I drink it constantly and it feels like an excellent treat. When I am wanting a treat I make myself a tea and get the hell out of the kitchen and often that's enough.
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Pass day. Got a quick on-the-go dinner and it killed the calorie goal for the day.
  • Maggie_MJ
    Maggie_MJ Posts: 678 Member
    @SilverSage1, @lesdarts180 Can definitely relate..."if I don't buy it, I don't eat it". Also being an excellent baker, portion control works; desserts pre-made in single serving sizes or ice cream in a cone rather then a large bowl.

@Caroline_slowandsteady We share the same tactic. Brushing/flossing after dinner definitely discourages snacking
    • Yes, 11,000+ steps, 87 zone minutes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    May 18
    Exercise: yes (it wasn’t 20 min, was 12. But at this stage even 1 minute is better than 0)
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Passes used up.

May 2022-UAC goals: 3/18 days. Hopefully, I will start to post some more successful days of reaching the goals.

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,038 Member
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    May 18
    Exercise: yes (it wasn’t 20 min, was 12. But at this stage even 1 minute is better than 0)
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Passes used up.

May 2022-UAC goals: 3/18 days. Hopefully, I will start to post some more successful days of reaching the goals.

Yes!!! Can you hear me cheering? 12 minutes is absolutely better for your body, mind, and spirit than zero. Way to go. 🌷
    @Elbee1
  • jamcnewman
    Super Wednesday work to the following:

@Maggie_MJ 🌻
    @Caroline_slowandsteady 🌸
    @MadisonMolly2017 🌹
    @LazyBlondeChef 🌼
    @ashleycarole86 🪷
    @enlightenme3 🌺
  • jamcnewman
    KCJen wrote: »
    Pass day. Got a quick on-the-go dinner and it killed the calorie goal for the day.

Well done for tracking and reporting in. New day Thursday and fresh start at success. 💐 @KCJen
  • jamcnewman
    Wednesday May 18
    ✅✅✅
    Busy, rainy, cold day. Exercise was at the very end of the day — 35 minutes in the treadmill.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,759 Member
    yes x 3
    6 pass days used
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 604 Member
    @donna25trinity thanks for the opener
    Sugar is kinda an issue for me

1) Logging/tracking my food helps me pump the breaks

2) Sugar substitutes like stevia extract (630 servings a bottle) from Trader Joe’s is something I add for certain things things like smoothies instead of agave

3) Trying to make my “sugar” count when I do eat it—so prunes, apples, banana and eat it along with a fat/protein kinda helps (almonds, peanut butter, cheese)

4) Try to find loopholes to reduce my sugar. Instead of a processed yogurt cup w/fruit on bottom, I get large plain Greek yogurt and add frozen fresh fruit, stevia, raisins and almond and portion it myself—make several (2 cup Pyrex contains) for grab and go/ have enough room for fixings.

5) Share sugary dessert when I can.

6) Pre-Proportion dessert, (ie chocolate bar/baked goods) throw in the freezer to make it harder to eat. Out of sight/out of mind. Also when frozen it’s a little difficult to consume.

7) Instead of bringing it into the house—buy it at a place where it’s going to be “one time treat”—ie buy ice cream at the ice cream shop instead of from the grocery store. More expensive to do (might be a deterrent) but you’ll consume less calories over a shorter period of time.

8) Practice eating things without sugar. I mostly don’t add sugar to tea Or to coffee if I use flavored creamer.

9) When I use agave or honey—try a teaspoon instead of Tablespoon. (3 tsp = 1 TBS) 1 TBS is typically a serving (60 cal) So I would cut myself off at a Tablespoon and be creative and look at how I can spread that table across multiple items

10) Find some whole food vegan recipes and make your own sugary treats so when you eat them you get the satisfaction of knowing what’s in your food, it’s healthy and satisfying your sweet tooth and hopefully you won’t feel inclined to gorge because it’ll be more filling and you won’t crash.
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 604 Member
    Oh—I gotta work on tracking my water intake. I worked out and believe I was under budget for the 18th—I’m doing much better tracking that’s my issue and I’m pleased with the progress I’m making. I’m headed in the right direction. That’s all that matters.
  • Caramel_Apple
    Caramel_Apple Posts: 2,176 Member
    Thursday

yes x3
    0/3 pass days used
  • SilverSage1
    SilverSage1 Posts: 54 Member
    I made it through dinner at Selva Grill last night, and stayed within budget! I order smartly, with double veg instead of risotto, had wine, skipped dessert. Sometimes I think I do better in restaurants than at home.

Still 3/3
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,483 Member
    edited May 2022
    Three yeses
    At 4 pass days for the month-Still tracking-gotta get discipline back
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,280 Member
    May 18, 2022

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Habits to maintain this month:
    Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (16 days -free)
    Within Sugar macro today? Yes (14 days)

Pass day.

Pass days 2/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • jamcnewman
    Well done @bookieNJ & @tahm42 on getting your three accountabilities completed. 🌷🌷

Cheers to you @SilverSage1 for an awesome accomplishment — making great choices dining out and keeping the ✅✅✅ roll going. 🌟

Champion behaviour reporting in @victorious55 🏆