Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Replies

• Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,416 Member
    Summer breaks start this early? Won’t my son be upset if he finds out since his starts at the end of June?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,907 Member
    When does his next school year begin? Does it also start correspondingly late, say end of September? Or does he have a short break before back to school? What would he think about my kids' school year starting end of August?
  • Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    I thought graduations were always on Saturdays? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Maybe just here? Don't my kiddos end school the last week of May and school starts early Sept? Aren't we not complaining as we get the best months for break?
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Isn’t graduation night on Tuesday in my hometown?
  • Generic_Excuse
    Just randon days of the week huh? They don't make it easy on the parents do they? Wasn't ours on a Sat and then we got locked in the school for the all night grad party... Wonder if they still do that?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,668 Member
    Isn't that how mine was too (Saturday graduation, then locked in the school for an all night party)?
  • Cat0703a
    What?!?! May to the end of August? Don't classes resume the day after Labour day here? Are you headed off to Google to see if our Labour day with the u is the same as yours? Shall I save you the typing and confirm it’s a yes?
  • Cat0703a
    All night grad? Locked up? Don’t you do things very differently than us? 😱
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,151 Member
    Didn't I spend all night at Disneyland which was populated with a few thousand graduates from multiple schools?
  • WaiakeWanderer_x
    WaiakeWanderer_x Posts: 1,517 Member
    Did Micky make it out alive?
  • Generic_Excuse
    Could you imagine being on staff that night with a ton of newly graduated 18 year olds? Wonder if they're still recovering?
  • nossmf
    Are you referring to the grads recovering, or the staff?

Did you know that it's not enough to set the time for an alarm clock, you actually have to turn it ON? How many more times do you think I have to learn this lesson before I remember this lesson?
  • cmsienk
    edited May 2022
    Don't you hate having to learn that alarm clock lesson on a day you have an important meeting scheduled?
  • Generic_Excuse
    Wasn't I referring to the staff as they had to put up with hundreds of rowdy teenagers? Aren't I sure the teens bounced back the next day? Don't I remember the days of staying up all night and not feeling the effects at all?

Doesn't my alarm clock do me no good as I just silence it and go back to sleep only to wake up in a panic 15-20 mins later?
  • nossmf
    Don't I normally have a pair of alarm clocks for days I really have to be on time? Are they not located on opposite sides of the bedroom, to discourage going back to sleep after slapping one quiet? But since my first meeting of the day isn't until noon, did I errantly believe a single alarm would be sufficient?
  • cmsienk
    edited May 2022
    Don't I throw caution to the wind and set two alarms on the same phone (usually 10 or 15 minutes apart)? ⏰😂
  • nossmf
    Do you keep the phone within easy arm reach of the bed? Are you capable, like me, of reaching out in your sleep to hit snooze or turn off an alarm, all without actually waking up?
  • Generic_Excuse
    ☝️ Don't I also use this technique? Isn't that the lesson I never learn? 😂
  • cmsienk
    edited May 2022
    @Nossmf, isn't the answer to your first question 'yes' and your second question 'no'? Aren't I capable of reaching it, but if I snooze the alarm, aren't I awake and aware of doing it?
  • Generic_Excuse
    Well I guess I just like to live life on the edge? 🤣🤣