Share Your Day

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    When John and I got married almost 47 years ago we were both slimmer than we are now!…we both love cake, especially bakery cakes with lots of frosting….I would go to a bakery and get a birthday cake with a very long name on it so we could have more frosting!…we ate many birthday cakes for Alexandria, Stephanie, Casaundra, and Christine written on them lol…
  • conniewilkins56
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Virtual very gentle hug to Connie and no, food will NOT help anything at all!

Thank you….this morning my left ear canal is swollen shut and I can’t get my teeth bite to align because of swelling along the gum line….this is horrible and yes, I would wish this on my worst enemy!…it is difficult to type while scratching!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    UGH Connie! We may have to tie your hands?!??!?! Sleep a lot? *I* am at a loss for words on what to suggest!!!!!!!! :disappointed:

I can't help buy notice that SPLAT GARFIELD IS VERY VERY QUIET. She claimed that she still had thumbs not in a cast and could still type on Monday... I am wondering if there has been a change by Wednesday? Hmmmm...... :pensive: ? Maybe @Bella_Figura can tell us about splatty's status.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Connie, have you tried using cold packs for the itch? That helps me when I have hives. Cold and itch and pain run on the same nerve circuit, and so cold can swamp itch and pain signals.

Tonight Boyfriend is having baked fish with Mexican spices, corn pudding, and grilled zucchini that is leftover and needs eaten up. Girlfriend and Son are having pizza. I may have pizza too or I may just have a hamburger. It is raining and there's a front going through and my body is blaming me personally for it. Bleah.

I made onion rings last night and had them with hamburgers today. They were tasty, but not so tasty that I want to have them again immediately, which is good because they are a fiddly annoyance to make. (We all like the breaded and crumbed kind.) I want onion rings about once every four months or so...and now I've had them and I'm good.
  • PAV8888
    I hit A&W for 500 Cal when I get the urge! Thankfully not too often!!!!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,546 Member
    Bruised Coccyx could be a great name for a band!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Sorry peeps! Pardon mebeing MIA… just not well at the moment with headaches, high BP, joint issues and flat out exhaustion … in fact a bl**dy miserable g*t …. Normal service will be resumed!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    OMG @conniewilkins56 … just read that …how awful …shingles in adults can be very painful …Hope you feel better soon 💕
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I hit A&W for 500 Cal when I get the urge! Thankfully not too often!!!!

I've done that, but I like mine better. I think it's because when I flour them I put seasoned salt and pepper in with the flour.
  • PAV8888
    I prefer all of my cocc sounding parts to remain safe and sound! :innocent:
    Off to the grocery store and the pharmacy today. And then on to the precooking and putting things in order.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    *gentle hugs* to all those with injuries or illness.

I am just tired. Feeling okay. Mood is okay. But I have been exhausted the last couple of days. Thinking the weekend insanity and projects may have worn me out more then I originally believed. I have been sleeping really well, but I just stay tired. My body is so fatigued I have not been able to do as much walking as I would like. It's frustrating.
  • lauriekallis
    That sounds very frustrating, Athijade. Hopefully the fatigue lifts a little. Soon.
  • PAV8888
    Let's include @Athijade in the gentle hug category.

Alexandra I'm sure that this is the reason I prefer the A&W over other fast food places.

Interesting to note that they estimate twice the number of calories per ring than the large ring estimate from the NCCDB. That's because they have an awesome seasoned breading... NOT to be eaten more than once in a while.

And no, they don't count as 🐇, just as 🐹🤣
  • conniewilkins56
    Athijade wrote: »
    *gentle hugs* to all those with injuries or illness.

I am just tired. Feeling okay. Mood is okay. But I have been exhausted the last couple of days. Thinking the weekend insanity and projects may have worn me out more then I originally believed. I have been sleeping really well, but I just stay tired. My body is so fatigued I have not been able to do as much walking as I would like. It's frustrating.

I understand exactly how you feel….I am just so tired…I feel exhausted and I can’t seem to shake it….if I increase my antidepressants I sleep more and feel like a zombie…thinking about our upcoming trip and riding in the car and socializing with a few hundred people is overwhelming…I just want to crawl into a dark cocoon and isolate myself….sigh
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,585 Member
    I'm not even under the weather and the thought of socializing with a half dozen people would overwhelm me, let alone a few hundred.

All you peeps who are going through the wringer at the moment need to be really gentle on yourselves and do whatever you can to minimise any extraneous demands. Chill and heal....
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,585 Member
    edited May 2022
    Me and my sore coccyx managed a 40km turbo ride this morning, so that's progress.

And my husband has bought me a solo skydive for my birthday. My first solo jump, so I'm beyond excited. It's not until September, but I already can't wait...Tandem jumps are fantastic, but the thought of a solo jump takes the pleasure to a whole 'nother level. Whoop, whoop. Gotta love that man, he sure knows the way to a gal's heart.
  • lauriekallis
    Sounds so exciting, Bella!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,752 Member
    edited May 2022
    Holy crap Bella! 😱 Jumping out of planes. I admire those who can but I find life scary enough without pushing my luck. I couldn’t even look over the guard rail at the Grand Canyon without getting queasy.