WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    I am still wearing a mask in indoor public situations. Shops , offices, transport etc. It is not required, but it reassures me. If we test positive we will not be allowed on the cruise ship, so I am getting increasingly paranoid. Nearer the time we will only meet people outdoors. I have told brother and my friend G that they have to take a lateral flow before meeting me and even then only outside . We don't get a refund if we are positive, only a reschedule. :s If we test positive once on-board there is no recompense.
    I would not be happy to be unmasked indoors. We meet with close family because they had covid recently. I reckon on a couple of month's grace!

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,925 Member
    edited May 2022
    Not much sleep last night but did get to sleep in. No daycare girl today, dh went out for lunch and a movie with his friends, son is at work so I get the house to myself. Doors both open, listening to the sparrows chirping outside.

Zumba at the park last night was fun. The teacher was a bit late and cut the class off early so we could hang out and have a little picnic- I brought pear hard cider and meringue cookies- The weather was perfect- great breeze from the Napa River. Last week we froze(wore a hoodie the whole class)

Laundry going- have a LOT to do- damn cat peed on my side of the bed again- this time, not just a little spot- soaked through all the blankets, sheets and the water proof mattress cover- VERY glad we have that!!. We have tried the Nature;s Miracle Stop Spray but doesn't seem to be working- going to try vinegar and water. I don't care what it smells like- Just need him to stop(about ready to put him outside!)-tired of going to bed late, lights out because dh is sleeping and find my blanket wet. Had to pull everything off my side, roll it to the middle and sleep on a blanket.
    Going to work in my garden a bit- roses need to be pruned back/dead headed.
    Some seeds to plant- those in my little green house didn't do much. Oh well, I have more seed for most of it. Will try again next spring.
    Sister messaged me- saw a little teardrop trailer for sale- wanted me to go half with her and set it up at mom's- Turns out, looks like a scam. They only wanted $800 for it- I had never seen one that little and it isn't brand new so didn't think anything of it-thought- good price and would work well at mom's for her and I. Tried to message the seller-won't go through. Then looked them up and they are selling for $10,000 or more for that year/model type.

Hoping to see a post from Pip! that picture looked terrible= Just saw the update- I am so sorry- the pain, the missed trip, the grumpy hubby, and everything else- :(

Allie- thanks for the reminder- need to refill the humming bird feeder.

Lisa-know the feeling about the headbands causing headaches- my hair is super curly so lots of fly a way/frizz on the shorter/new hair(my hair is past my waist at the longest part). Have to wear a headband when we do zumba at the park or if I am gardening- annoying getting my hair flying in my face, in my mouth(and a pain when I have to take my gloves off to get it out when gardening).

Rita- thanks for sharing your pictures- glad you had a good visit.

Machka- I am the same way- I can go without eating until 12 or 1 very easy BUT once I break that fast(breakfast) I get so hungry right after eating- I can have a big bowl of oatmeal and shortly after, feel more hungry than before I even ate anything.
    We can go out to dinner, not feeling very hungry but eat, then after eating, feel the same as before I even started eating. Good thing I can control how much I eat and not eat until I feel full,
    plus I really hate if I do feel full, so uncomfortable

Shelley- don't you find not snacking even more difficult because you are constantly in the kitchen getting meals and snacks ready for the kids.
    I have gone from licensed daycare to licensed exempt(only one family at a time). Taught preschool or did daycare for 40 yrs so was ready to take a break!
    When I had all the kids and were doing three meals and two snacks a day for the kids, I was snacking so much more. Now I have just the one and don't have her until lunch time
    Plus, now, I don't keep all the snack stuff around like I used to

Welcome Debbie from Ohio :smile:

Will finish my tea then get some things done.

Have a wonderful Thursday ladies

Debbie
    Napa Valley, Ca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,491 Member
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2022
    I seem to have posted twice. 🙁
  • pipcd34
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 57min 11sec, 130elev, 89ahr, 116mhr, 3.10ap, 6.12mi= 514c
    Strava app = 698c
    Zwift home spin bike- Strava stats-57.05min, 21.1amph, 146aw, 305elev, 127ahr, 152mhr, 20.06mi= 442c
    Zwift stats- didn’t record right.
    Other- 1hr 2min 42sec, water plants, sand entryway table and start painting table= 275c

Total cal 1201
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,598 Member
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    Went to the Green Room, took the soup kitchen donations to them, got my shot of prolia, then went to Aldi. I tell you, Aldi is fast becoming the not-so-cheap store. The price if a gallon of milk!!!

Debbie – I hear ya about the cat urine. I honestly don’t recommend using vinegar since that so closely resembles the smell of urine. One of our cats used to pee on the beds, only on the beds, until we realized that he has anxiety issues. He’s now on fluoxitene (kitty prozac) and we use a felaway diffuser. I don’t know if we need both, but why take the chance? Try a diffuser, it makes the cat chilled. Our other cat in addition to dementia has lost control of her bowels. At least it isn’t her bladder, I’d have a hard time with that. I know it isn’t her fault, she isn’t doing it purposely. She just forgets where the litter box is and other times she just can’t make it to the litter box. You can see a “trail” of poop as if she was trying to get to the litterbox.

Katla – hope your dh feels better soon

Lisa – I’m so sorry you had to have a root canal

Yea, I got to go around the block for a walk!!!

Vince said he’d blow up my float for the pool so as soon as I finish at the soup kitchen in I go! Will take a shower in a few.

Michele NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    edited May 2022
    Karen at the dog detox summit one of the speakers talked about the effect of Wifi on you and your pet. If a computer uses ethernet it is not a problem because their is no electronic magnetic radiation envolved. So she recommended you turn off Wi-Fi at night when you are sleeping and not to be using a lap top of phone by your pets. I use a chrome book and it is easy to turn it off when I do not want to be online. I can see read my library books through my browser. It is like when we were growing up we were told not to sit so close to the T.V. or not to stand by the microwave. Because the closer you are to said appliances the higher your exposure to the radiation this appliances give off. This technology is so new relatively speaking in the human timeline what the long term effects are still unknown. I still plan to use my laptop but no longer have it on my lap and as I said turn it off when not in use.

As you pointed out Karen the upside is it does also make it more secure. When the Wi-fF is on it makes it easier for someone to hack. It is like turning off your cell phone if you do not want someone to be able follow your signal. The closer you are to a Tower or router the stronger the radiation. Again just like not sitting so close to a TV.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,925 Member
    edited May 2022
    exermom wrote: »
    Went to the Green Room, took the soup kitchen donations to them, got my shot of prolia, then went to Aldi. I tell you, Aldi is fast becoming the not-so-cheap store. The price if a gallon of milk!!!

Debbie – I hear ya about the cat urine. I honestly don’t recommend using vinegar since that so closely resembles the smell of urine. One of our cats used to pee on the beds, only on the beds, until we realized that he has anxiety issues. He’s now on fluoxitene (kitty prozac) and we use a felaway diffuser. I don’t know if we need both, but why take the chance? Try a diffuser, it makes the cat chilled. Our other cat in addition to dementia has lost control of her bowels. At least it isn’t her bladder, I’d have a hard time with that. I know it isn’t her fault, she isn’t doing it purposely. She just forgets where the litter box is and other times she just can’t make it to the litter box. You can see a “trail” of poop as if she was trying to get to the litterbox.

Katla – hope your dh feels better soon

Lisa – I’m so sorry you had to have a root canal

Yea, I got to go around the block for a walk!!!

Vince said he’d blow up my float for the pool so as soon as I finish at the soup kitchen in I go! Will take a shower in a few.

Michele NC

Thanks!!!!
    We have an old one that doesn't use the litter box- have pads all over for her and half the time she uses them, half she doesn't. Mine that just passed away would poop in the hallway just about every day- Miss him but not the poop.
    The other one seems to just pee on my side. I will look into both the prozac and the felaway diffuser. I will try anything right now- So tired of washing all my blankets every day. Today, as I am making the bed, I am spraying the Stop Spray on each layer, letting it dry, then putting the next layer.
    They got fresh catnip yesterday- Put in a plant in their catio- had to take it out to let it regrow before I put it back in- they about ate the whole thing.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    edited May 2022
    Katla49 wrote: »
    DH is not feeling well today. I called the medical clinic and cancelled his appointment today. We will look for another appointment when he is feeling better. I took his temperature and it is in the normal zone so far, but he clearly doesn’t feel good.
    🙁.

You've got home care nurses coming in, right? Your daughter set that up? Can one of them come in today to check on your husband?

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    So... after the dentist hit the nerve on the tooth while he was cleaning out the decay under the six-year-old filling, I ended up driving to their other office across town to get a root canal done. Total three HOURS with my mouth open. Left there three hours ago, and still can't drink water without drooling. Trying to drink out of a straw is inadvertently hilarious, as well. I think I'll go take a nap.

Pip, glad there was a semi-happy ending. Hope the healing commences quickly and easily.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

I have to nap after dental work like that. I hope you start feeling better soon.
  • Machka9
    edited May 2022
    Karen at the dog detox summit one of the speakers talked about the effect of Wifi on you and your pet. If a computer uses ethernet it is not a problem because their is no electronic magnetic radiation envolved. So she recommended you turn off Wi-Fi at night when you are sleeping and not to be using a lap top of phone by your pets. I use a chrome book and it is easy to turn it off when I do not want to be online. I can see read my library books through my browser. It is like when we were growing up we were told not to sit so close to the T.V. or not to stand by the microwave. Because the closer you are to said appliances the higher your exposure to the radiation this appliances give off. This technology is so new relatively speaking in the human timeline what the long term effects are still unknown. I still plan to use my laptop but no longer have it on my lap and as I said turn it off when not in use.

As you pointed out Karen the upside is it does also make it more secure. When the Wi-fF is on it makes it easier for someone to hack. It is like turning off your cell phone if you do not want someone to be able follow your signal. The closer you are to a Tower or router the stronger the radiation. Again just like not sitting so close to a TV.

Modern flatscreen TVs shouldn't be a problem ... the older ones may have been. Some sources say the TVs of the 1950s, others indicate TVs as recent as 1970s may have had radiation issues.
    And if your microwave is leaking radiation, it's time for a new one! You can get testers (from Amazon and elsewhere) to check. Someone comes through about once a year to check the ones at work and we did have to get a new one a few years ago.
    https://www.fda.gov/radiation-emitting-products/resources-you-radiation-emitting-products/television-radiation
    https://www.fda.gov/radiation-emitting-products/resources-you-radiation-emitting-products/microwave-oven-radiation

As for turning off the WiFi, wouldn't you do that at your router? If you just turn off one device, WiFi is still available in your house. And if you can see your neighbours' networks, you've got access to their WiFi too.

Just for interest ... WiFi was created in 1997, making it 25 years old this year!

Our TVs have all been purchased since 2009.
    Our microwave was purchased in about 2015 and the door still works like it is supposed to.
    I do take my phone into the bedroom - it's my alarm clock - but my laptops stay in the living area.

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34