WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Margaret & Machka, Thanks for the Wi-Fi and appliance info.

Lisa, Ugh. Dental work is not a favorite.

Katie, May your dad find a peaceful place and settle in for the night. I hope you are in a comfy recliner and can snooze a bit.

Karen in Virginia
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    Accountability:
    5/19: Chose well: Joe x2, readings, BP, PT x 1, dogs to powerline, CI<CO, CI<250<CO
    Bonus: 40 mins vacuuming, 20 mins grooming T, 20 mins cleaning, one load laundry
    Workin’ on it: 143.0, H20x6, active 4:04
    Meaningful May
    20: Share photos of 3 things you find meaningful or memorable.

Michele, thought of you today when Joe brought home a jigsaw puzzle. Something new, we’ve never done together. Guess I’m not the only one making an effort to invest time with the other… ;)

Barbie and not “…be asked questions while I work” truth this! ;)
    Lisa, Joe has always referred to the dentist’s office as “the house of pain.” So sorry it was true for you today. Root canal, Yikes!
    Katla Joe saw two baby hummingbirds yesterday, as well as our regular couple of adults and a couple visitors when they can sneak in. Thank you for all the joy the feeders have given us.
    Margaret :love: your “simple pleasures of life that give me joy that no one can take from me. AHHH!”
    Machka “… your comfort zone is not a good benchmark” ouch. More truth.
    Kay ((hugs))

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    Spent some time this morning looking up back exercises for me and DH. We have different symptoms, but there are specific videos for each. I hope he will do the ones I emailed to him.
    Then I spent over half an hour doing mine. A lot are things I've been doing anyway on my mat, but slower and more repetitions. Here's hoping! ;)

Getting close to finishing the main body of WHERE AM I? A few more days. Then a lot of fiddling about with layout, cover etc. I've got some ideas for a cover, but will experiment a bit more.

Raining here. But I am lucky I have work to do. :D
    Lamb Tagine for dinner tonight. Tricolore salad for lunch.
    I will go for a walk this afternoon. Recommended for back pain.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    lx86qvasqvgb.png

Slept.
    Created a 300 km cycling route.
    Went out for a short bicycle ride (see above photo).
    Took Rhody for a walk.

And now, I'm going to do more of my legal project.

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2022
    😊
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,288 Member
    Feeling soooo much better this morning. I think the tooth may have, unknowingly, been either the cause or a major contributor of the headaches I've been having of late. My mouth is a bit sore, but that's understandable. What helped more than anything else yesterday was a technique Machka mentioned in passing - box breathing. See video below.

Concentrating on that really helped me stop thinking about what they were doing and how much I hate people touching me and why the dentist only asked questions after he'd put the bite block in and I couldn't even find my tongue, much less reply, and the smell of burning tooth when the drill starts, and concentrate on my breath.

I did dream last night of an old friend of mine from 40 years ago, a dentist I loved dearly, whom I met when I had an initial exam with him and he pulled one of my shoes off and hung it from the light. Unfortunately, my first husband got custody of him and his wife in the divorce, which is kind of weird when you think about it. Second cuppa uploading and hopefully fewer run-on sentences later.

Love y'all,
    Lisa

https://youtu.be/tEmt1Znux58
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,267 Member
    B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Feeling soooo much better this morning. I think the tooth may have, unknowingly, been either the cause or a major contributor of the headaches I've been having of late. My mouth is a bit sore, but that's understandable. What helped more than anything else yesterday was a technique Machka mentioned in passing - box breathing. See video below.

Concentrating on that really helped me stop thinking about what they were doing and how much I hate people touching me and why the dentist only asked questions after he'd put the bite block in and I couldn't even find my tongue, much less reply, and the smell of burning tooth when the drill starts, and concentrate on my breath.

I did dream last night of an old friend of mine from 40 years ago, a dentist I loved dearly, whom I met when I had an initial exam with him and he pulled one of my shoes off and hung it from the light. Unfortunately, my first husband got custody of him and his wife in the divorce, which is kind of weird when you think about it. Second cuppa uploading and hopefully fewer run-on sentences later.

Love y'all,
    Lisa

https://youtu.be/tEmt1Znux58

I'm so glad to hear it helped! :)

It has certainly helped me at times recently when I have been super stressed.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Morning ladies
    Miles and I and Aslan the cat are sitting here watching the Today Show.
    Miles waits until i have him strapped in his carseat to poop.. isnt that lovely..
    Gotta love it..
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    ☘️
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,960 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Lisa glad that dental day is over! Hope your headaches get better.

Heather We are all so proud of you and your writing! You have achieved so much! Hope your back improves.

Kylia, Barbie and Katla, hope your DHs get good news about their ailments!

I had a good but busy day yesterday, winding up with my dumbbell routine. I skipped two things out of forty-some because my knee was sore from horseback riding. I'm not sure about yoga and fast marching this morning, but my instinct is to press on. It gives me twinges on the stairs but is quiet most of the time. I just don't have the patience for rehab!

Today's agenda is rather empty for me, so I will clean my desk a bit. I haven't used my filing system in so long I forget how it works. Too many piles of mail hiding important papers.

My mom is doing a little better with the sunshine and the B12. Yay! I am rethinking whether I can be away for a bit. I might get to the beach this summer yet!

Annie in Delaware

• Anniesquats100
    Katie, thinking of you as you care for your dad. Such a kind and loving thing to do, and it can be so frustrating!

Annie in Delaware
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 614 Member
    Yep Carol, still working hard every day for the good old Lakeville Area Public Schools. Thank you for your THIRTY YEARS!!! WOAH! God Bless y'all!

Hard to believe I've been doing this for going on 25 this year. smh. Started out as an ASD paraprofessional, added medical assistance billing under my hat 12 years ago, then switched to full-time MA about 6 years ago.

Only three things I've done longer than education. Live, marriage, and mom-ing. I'm just grateful that I was able to drop into this position that allowed me to work from home once CV hit. My knees would NOT allow me to para anymore! Hopefully, I'm going to live out my remaining 4-ish years from my dining room table, looking out my back door, while raking in the moola for the district. I sorta love to be able to say that I am the only employee who actually pays for their own position, while bringing in additional funds for the district.

OMG!!! Machka, your meme is spot on! The other side of that is how others see it too.

Mary, I am SO GLAD you found someplace to stay! And isn't it nice to have someone say that they found you to be a good fit too. I didn't know you were a teacher too? I just love all my edu-pros! We have a wonderful lot here in Lakeville. I've been very Blessed.

OH MAN, Lisa! That's wonderful... in a weird way. Wouldn't that be great if you found out that the tooth was (at least one) of the reasons for your headaches?!? I don't know about box breathing, but I think I've mentioned it here before, my mom was FAR ahead of her time and taught all us kids about transcendental meditation and deep breathing was a huge part of that. She always taught us breath "IN" and "OUT". Very simply, thinking the words "IN" and "OUT" as you were breathing so it took everything else out of your brain. It looks very similar. Interesting thing. That book that was all the rage, back in 1997 Don't Sweat the Small Stuff (and it's all small stuff), had a chapter on this and used this exact method.

So, it's raining again in MN, but it's still lovely in my backyard. Beautiful green and so lush that I almost can't see the neighbors anymore!

Carla out!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
  • Anniesquats100
    edited May 2022
    I did Yoga for Sensitive Knees and a Walk a mile cardio. Yay! I held two pound weights but didn't swing them around much. That will come as I get more coordinated. I will, right? At least I broke a good sweat. Yay!