Women 200lb+, Let's Have A Momentous May!!!

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    Thanks for all of your concerns for us. So far my husband and I are not symptomatic and will take a home test on Friday if we stay that way. I just got back from my walk which was longer than yesterdays.

@sargemarcori nice new low and NSV too!
    @CupcakeCrusoe during the early pandemic we had to replace a refrigerator and a stove. We just replaced our hot water tank. I am glad you had this in hand. We actually don't have a working dishwasher but plan to remodel our kitchen soon and will replace the old broken one then. I would like to do a skin cancer screening too. It seems I can only get one place looked at during my Drs visits.
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    @sargemarcori woohoo on your new low and NSV!!!
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited May 2022
    Glad to be back and Thank you @RavenStCloud for this thread. Great support here!
    Mary from Pennsylvania 65 NOW! 5'2" :-( , Heaviest weight 255 lbs twice. :-(

UGW-122 lbs. I was there in 2009/10 and kept it off for 5 years then got lazy.

My goal is to continue with what seems to work for me. 1000-1200 calories, low carb 15 Net +/- 3(My body seems to not do well with carbs. It doesn't know how to burn them and hangs onto them way too much!), minimum 70 + oz of water, 2 meals/day on my days off(3) and 3 meals on my work days(which are long), exercise on my 3 days off. My weigh in day is Sunday.

9/14/20 SW-255 lbs
    5/3/21-240.5 lbs Emergency Gallbladder surgery
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs started MFP and Low Carb/1000-1200 calorie while recovering
    6/1/21-228.8 lbs
    7/1/21-222.2 lbs
    8/1/21-212.0 lbs
    9/1/21-200.0 lbs
    10/1/21-191.4 lbs
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs
    12/1/21-176.2 lbs
    12/26/21-165.6 lbs
    1/1/22-168 lbs
    2/1/22-157.4 lbs
    3/1/22-155 lbs. Down 100.2 lbs so far!
    4/1/22-156.4 lbs
    5/1/22-158.8 lbs. :-( No way is this actual with all the Elliptical miles Friday, yesterday and stayed way under calories for what I was allotted. Hoping for a whoosh soon. Did Elliptical 300 minutes for 22.3 miles in first session and 54 minutes for 4.2 miles for 26.5 miles total today. Hopefully that gets me heading downward again. (Did long times on Friday 228 minutes and Saturday 240 minutes too.)
    5/8/22-148 lbs :-) Glad for the whoosh of water retention from my OK trip.
    5/15/22- 159.6 lbs. Well a short lived whoosh! I know its mainly water weight. Had more carbs the last 2 nights than my usual. Glad I didn't hit the 160's! Elliptical today 130 minutes for 10 miles.

5/17/22-158.2 lbs Had my annual physical today. Dr was ecstatic at my weight loss. I'm down 80+ lbs since he saw me a year ago. He thinks my Low carb/calorie restriction & exercise way of eating is good for me. He thinks I must be VERY carb sensitive. He said I should get some weight lifting and some core work in, which I knew I should have started too.

I received some good and not so good news. Not so good news, I have shrunk. Instead of 5'4" I'm now 5'2"! :-( I was diagnosed about 10 years ago with Osteopenia by a Dexa scan. He is ordering another one. So that is kind of good news. People say to get one to check body fat percentage so now I'll get one but because of the height loss, for bone density, so sort of bad. Also the loss in height lowers my calorie TDEE. Ugh!

The Dr does agree with my assessment/goal, that I have about 30 lbs more to lose. And I need to get my blood work drawn soon. He said they can't draw in the offices (UPMC policy) due to National lab tube shortage. So I have to figure out to get it drawn a day before I start work at the hospital. I didn't exercise today, as I usually do, due to the Dr appointment, then some errands and home with just enough time to cut my grass before sunset! (A rider, so very little exercise).
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    So I'm wondering with my above post, about having to schedule a DEXA scan, how does it interpret loose skin? I'm thinking it will be considered fat. I can't find anything online. Does anyone know?
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good morning everyone!

Still 188, still fine with that. Something is going on in this house wrt stomach things again, so back I go eating "safe" foods. No spices, fat, only a little sugar. No coffee. Miserable. :disappointed: My stomach feels like someone tied it in a knot. The baby's not going to like it much, either.

My day of safe foods: black tea to try to wake up, rice krispies with almond milk, apple, chicken, brussels sprouts, banana, then... we'll see how I'm feeling to see what we're doing for dinner. Odds are good I'll make something to involve rice either way.

Gonna try to go rest horizontally instead of tag party this morning, but I've read all your posts. :heart: Have a great day!

weight.png
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Good morning everyone!

Flo came yesterday, on top of everything else, (kitchen disaster because broken dishwasher and new dishwasher are both here- and dishes are backed up, check, baby's been at home making a mess all day because of stomach thing, check, laundry backlog due to Kid throwing dirty dishtowel and possibly other things in basket of clean clothes, check, baby and I both have stomach things, check, and flo's here, check check check) so yesterday was hectic. Managed to make a dent in laundry backlog while whatsisface took care of dishes backlog, and we got through it.

Weight is 187 this morning, which follows my period weight pattern. To follow the pattern again tomorrow, my weight should drop again between .5-2 lb, depending.

I'm cautiously drinking coffee this morning, but will still be eating "safe foods" at work today, and we'll see how everyone feels tonight. So tired of no fat or spices, and little sugar. I wanted peanut butter fudge so bad yesterday, and I thought to myself, lol, that's because that's everything you can't have right now- fat and sugar.

I'm still pretty tired, somehow it really takes a lot out of me, and yesterday was wild. Also, I didn't eat nearly as many calories as usual yesterday, just because I didn't feel like eating more rice, lol, and I could feel how much weaker I felt. It was a really interesting experience.

Tag party!
    @finngirl61 Hi again! I'm so sorry to hear that your doc won't do surgery on a very painful knee unless you lose weight. The good news is, weight is lost in the kitchen, so while exercise is very beneficial, it's not required for weight loss. If you are logging your food accurately and keeping a deficit, you will lose weight.

A note on accuracy (you might already know this, if so, sorry!): try to use verified entries in the MFP database (entries with green checkmarks beside them). If you are eating something with a barcode, scan it with the MFP app and see if it has an entry. Weigh and measure your food- a good food scale is only $10, and logging food by weight will be the most accurate, so you can know exactly what you're eating.

(But! Don't do that if you're prone to eating disorders! In that case, just up your fruits and veg and protein, and try to minimize processed snacks. Fruits and veg have fewer calories than most processed snacks, but with more volume, so you get full quicker. And then log everything if that doesn't trigger disordered eating in you.)

If you tell us a little bit about your daily eating routine, what you think is working for you and what is not, and what you do and don't like, we can help you tweak it if you think that's needed! This group is a gold mine of information and support.

And another thing (sorry, thought about Columbo for a second, haha), if you'd like to find exercise that helps, if you have access to a pool, that would be excellent for that knee.

Have a great day, everyone!
    weight.png
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,548 Member
    Hey all! I almost weighed in this morning but I know better. If I start weighing daily instead of weekly I'll start worrying over every little change. 2 more days until weigh in day.

One of my goals for May was to get my fasting blood sugar below 140 and keep it there. The past week I've been between 120 to 130 every morning. Yay!!!! I need my A1C to be below 6 when I check it in 2 months. Like, I really want to show up at the doctor and not have it elevated at all. My last 2 tests at the doctor were 5.7 & 5.9 but my at home test earlier this month showed 6.4 so I have some real work ahead of me to get it back down.

My daughter managed to get herself grounded yesterday so all our weekend activities have been cancelled. That is both good and bad. I mean, I really looked forward to some things but that also means I have time to accomplish tasks I've been putting off as well as get to the Saturday morning exercise class that I've been missing for months.

Yesterday I also desperately wanted to just binge eat the chips in the pantry. Instead I made a mini pizza on a keto roll in my air fryer. Then after "the incident" leading to my daughter's punishment I really wanted to have a couple drinks. My husband, who rarely has a drink, even asked for something. LOL. I know the calories & sugars in the mixed drinks I prefer when I've had a long day but instead only had a doctored hot tea. (Yes I know this makes it sound like I'm an alcoholic but the reality is I have, maybe, one or two drinks a month... usually with my husband when our kid is in bed.... it was just that kind of day.)

Anyway, I've been putting my willpower to the test A LOT the last 2 days. Even more than I did with the events over the weekend. I've won out each time and that's a huge victory. Better than anything that happens on the scale is reminding myself that I can overcome wanting to eat all the things.

Quick Diabetes lesson if you want/need to know....
    A "normal" fasting number is 70-100 and 2 hours after meals is less than 140.
    For controlled diabetes fasting is below 140 and after meals below 180.
    Your A1C is a 3 month average of blood glucose. This is supposed to be checked every 6 months to verify you are on track and do not need medication adjustments. I am currently diet & exercise controlled without medications.

nf4r7dssxmj1.png
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    We moved to the country where it is not safe to walk in the early morning before dawn because of mountain lions.

I'm sorry....mountain lions?!?!?!?!

I live in a very, very different part of the country. :lol:
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    We moved to the country where it is not safe to walk in the early morning before dawn because of mountain lions.

I'm sorry....mountain lions?!?!?!?!

I live in a very, very different part of the country. :lol:

lol! I was a bit shocked myself when my neighbor told me about the mountain lions. We have all sorts of wildlife around here. I enjoy seeing the deer and wild turkeys but don't really want to come face to face with the mountain lion!
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    Height: 5'
    SW: 266.6 (1/4/21)
    SW November: 233
    December: 234.7
    January: 233.5 (blargh!)
    February: 235.4 (BLARGH!)
    March 230.9
    April 226.8
    May 225.

5/6 225.1
    5/13 223.5
    5/20 222.2
    5/27

Thanks, @CupcakeCrusoe ! enjoy your treats today!

soooooooo happy to see those numbers trending consistently down this month...it makes it easier to keep doing what I'm doing!

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    @Swimmom_1 nice physical and it sounds like you have a good supportive Dr. I need to so some weight/strength training in too. Unfortunately I injured my wrist when I tried to start back at it a few weeks ago so I will start again later. I did Aquafit before the pandemic and it gave me some strength training and a lot of core work. I am waiting until our COVID rates here go down again before going back to the Y. I was also diagnosed with Osteopenia.

@CupcakeCrusoe sorry about the stomach issues. Glad you got through those backlogs. I remember that with the 1st child laundry was manageable but with the 2nd it increased 3 fold. Not sure why. I struggled to keep up with it we always had a pile of laundry to fold. Now my husband does ours and my youngest does theirs and everyone folds their own. I liked your great weight loss advice. I am sort of having the same issue as you are with your thumb. I injured my wrist when I started weight/strength training. I think it was not from the exercises themselves but from moving the weights around like picking them up from the floor. My son had even gotten me lighter weights to use since I was weaker after my illness last year. It kept hurting when I would reach down and do something. So I have been avoiding that move so it can heal. I think I will give it a month before starting weight training again. I think I won’t even use my heavier weight at first. So that is why I haven’t mentioned that goal lately. Hope your thumb is better soon. Enjoy your pole class. I don’t have pizza beer nights but on Fridays we have what we call Friday breakfast where I share sous vide egg bite and get a latte and cheese Danish. I usually don’t need as much lunch. We will probably have a healthy salmon dinner tonight.

@finngirl61 I have knee issues too and I know there is one spot where I am bone on bone. It takes time to heal and adjust with such a great loss you suffered. I will be praying with you. Take things baby steps at a time. I used to have trouble walking on a road since most are graded sloping down from the center due to the arthritis so I try to find flat sidewalks. I can go up hills but down feels very uncomfortable. I am trying to up my fitness level after not being able to exercise any at the end of last year due to medical issues. I have finally got my walks to 30+ minutes for 6 days a week and it is already May. That is nothing to many, but to me that is progress. I am only losing very slowly but I am losing and not gaining. All you need to do is improve some even if it is only a little bit at 1st. You do not need to more than that. Eventually there is a snowball effect. I am not there yet. I am rooting for you. What @CupcakeCursoe says about water exercise is so true. Aquafit was the best thing for me. It is cardio, strength training, and almost all of it is core work. When injured or hurting you can start it before most other exercise. I miss it a lot since I am not going to the Y now until it is safer in my area.

@pamperedlinny good job with the will power tests. I remember that grounding often meant punishing the parent as well as the kid. Glad you found the silver lining.

@sandielewis2001 Yes! you are close. That is an accomplishment. Sorry to hear about your spin bike. I live in the city but we have to keep our cats in since we have a coyote. We take them out in the yard once in a while on leashes. We also have stray bunnies in our neighborhood. Fun to see them on my walks but sort of sad knowing they may not survive long but then if they did we would have a bunny population problem. So, even cities are getting wilder. For a while there were 2 coyotes hunting together and it made me pause about going out alone when it was early morning or late evening. My husband and I saw them one evening just a half block away.

@seltser_lover sorry about your migraines.

@sargemarcori nice NSV. Since I was working remotely and now unemployed I have been wearing pants that are really loose and keep getting looser. I have a jean skirt that at the 1st of the year fit perfect and it is now very loose too. But I just ordered clothes the same size I have been wearing. I hope they aren’t too loose. Hope you get some new pants that fit just right soon.

Have a great weekend! Today I will prepare for my screening interview and get in a walk today and tomorrow. Hope our tests are negative.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member

@sandielewis2001 mountain lions, oh my! How does one do a virtual barre class? I'm guessing you don't have a bar (that kind of a bar, haha)?

This barre class was without the use of any barre (go figure) but utilized many of the same movements from an in-person barre class. Not quite the same but my thighs still thought is was hard and are reminding me of the work today.

My replacement parts for the spin bike should be arriving today so I should be back to spin class very soon!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Good morning everyone!

Happy Saturday! Weight 187.4 :neutral: I did eat closer to maintenance yesterday, but not over, so more patience and keeping on is needed. I seem to remember the last three times I've lost weight, I got stuck and discouraged in the 180s. Can't seem to get into the 170s easily. Not this time. This time, I'm hanging in there.

The weight trend on MacroFactor, with it's 7 day and 14-day weight change numbers based on the average, is really saving my sanity times like this. Because while I only saw 0.6 lbs weight change this week for my trend weight, on the 14 day change, I've lost 2.1, which is over my goal of 1 lb/week.

So, I'm going where I need to go. Just gotta keep going.

Pole class today! I'm so excited! Then after that, we'll work on finally getting the dishwasher installed, I've been putting it off all week, because I'm so tired after work every day.

Tag party time!
    @KeriA I'm so glad you're still feeling fine, and I'm glad Youngest is feeling better. And progress is on the horizon! Mojo for your interview! About your Friday habit- I love a big breakfast sometimes. Whatsisface is not a breakfast guy, so I don't get to do it often. :lol:

@sargemarcori woohoo! Nice even progress!

@sandielewis2001 nice! I'm glad you got a good workout.

Have a great Saturday, everyone!
    weight.png
  • lmgoff232
    lmgoff232 Posts: 277 Member
    edited May 2022
    Height: 5'10"
    HW: 290.6 (4/19/2021)
    SW: 287.4 (7/16/2021)
    CW: 209.8 (5/1/2022)

GW for May: 205
    GW for 2022: 170
    UGW: 170

5/7: 207.4
    5/14: 207.2
    5/21: 208.4
    5/28:

The movers come this morning in about 3 hours and I am NOT ready. Been packing like a mad woman every evening and during breaks and calls after a crazy week of work, and I feel like I barely made a dent. So I will have the movers focus on the big, heavy items that I can't fit in my car, and all the rest that I am not able to get into boxes will end up getting shoved aside for me to deal with over the next few days. I have also been eating like crap, and now my body feels horrible. My fingers are like sausages from all the sodium, I am sleeping worse, and I don't remember the last time I pooped (sorry, tmi). I can't believe that I used to eat like this all the time, maybe even worse than this, and thought I was fine. The silver lining of it all is that it really hits home how important a well balanced diet is to me feeling good. I am soooo ready to be done with the stress of it all and get back to normal. On a positive note so it isn't all whine-y, I can feel the muscles in my upper back now from all the lifting (hooray!), and I did the equivalent of 68 flights of stairs yesterday between all the up and down at both houses.

Goals for May:
    - Meet fiber goals at least 3x per week: ❌️1 of 7
    - Meet protein goals at least 3x per week: ❌️ 2 of 7
    - Minimum 6000 steps daily: ✔️
    - At least 8 glasses water daily: ✔️