May 20

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,036 Member
    Happy Friday everyone!
    A few days ago, @biketheworld raised the topic of “freggies” and national recommendations for daily intake.

I sought out and found our “new” Canada Food Guidelines, and was intrigued by the behavioural recommendations that have been added. The link to the full PDF is below.

Healthy eating is more than the foods you eat. It is also about where, when, why and how you eat.

Be mindful of your eating habits
    - Take time to eat
    - Notice when you are hungry and when you are full
    - Be aware of food marketing

Cook more often
    - Plan what you eat
    - Involve others in planning and preparing meals

Enjoy your food
    - Culture and food traditions can be a part of healthy eating
    - Eat meals with others

Which, if any of these caught your attention when you read the list?. I know which struck me, and am keen to know your thoughts!

https://food-guide.canada.ca/sites/default/files/artifact-pdf/HEPs-Guide-nw-en.pdf
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,030 Member
    ✅✅✅ 2️⃣ pass days left
  • eokoro
    eokoro Posts: 626 Member

Exercise – yes
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – Yes

2/3 pass days
  • jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 995 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 35 minutes HASFit.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,599 Member
    Pass day #2 it’s my 33rd wedding anniversary and needless to say I didn’t log or track my dinner. I am very fortunate to have my Tim in my life we are a team for better and for worse at times lol I would be lost without him make sure that you tell those who are close to you that you care and love them for they may not always be there.

Happy Anniversary to you.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,599 Member
    5/20
    Caleries yes
    Exersised yes
    Logged-yes
    Its been a crazy busy week. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • jamcnewman
    Pass day #2 it’s my 33rd wedding anniversary and needless to say I didn’t log or track my dinner. I am very fortunate to have my Tim in my life we are a team for better and for worse at times lol I would be lost without him make sure that you tell those who are close to you that you care and love them for they may not always be there.

Happy Anniversary Kate to you and your husband. 💐 @snowshoe072
  • jamcnewman
    Thanks for the insights everyone — I agree with all you have observed! The marketing one struck me also @ideas2 — and, as you noted, it is so prevalent.

Pass day today. We had a lovely visit with one of my longest friends and I was over (but not by much). So pass day #2 used now.
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    ✅ Exercise - 1 hour of Jazzercise
    ✅ Calories -
    ✅ Tracking -

Closed all my Apple watch rings today
    2 Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: P-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9–P-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20

• lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,704 Member
    @jamcnewman thanks for the info in your opening comments. I live on my own so involving others in planning or eating is not an everyday occurrence but I do think it's important in the family situation.
    I was also struck by the reminder to be wary of marketing, it's so sneaky the way food is labelled " healthy" to tempt you to buy it without reading the label carefully.

Another pass day for me.
    We had a good long bike ride but we had rain in the afternoon so I didn't get my time by and in the pool.