NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    cbabie wrote: »
    Afternoon, all, I didn't realize that I haven't been on here a bit..I was out of it totally yesterday, had a bit of a health issue and paramedics were called this time. My DH couldn't cause me to come to and called 911 who sent good old fire truck to my front door. But as you can see I am alive and well..I am playing catchup. I lost 1.2 lbs this past week, but I don't think it's because I made all good choices..LOL. We will see what the scale says next week. I am trying to track and I also started taking my Blood sugar..seems normal right now. Wasn't sure if that is what caused the episode. Went on a bike ride this morning with my daughter...legs were sore. LOL

@theslightedgeforever I just like to keep them guessing if we are really sisters...LOL. To look at us you would say no...(unless you knew our parents) LOL Keep up the good work, movement is movement in my book. (think Dad) no movement...and stiff as a board.

@TeresaW1020 I am glad he is home and you guys are figuring out the catheter. Glad our friend Trooworld could help you out and you willingly let something go. LOL. It's great to hear you are not stressing about things you can't change or you know will soon change.

@gemwolf110 You stay busy..LOL. It sounded like the dog walked you...LOL

@trooworld I am here, sorry I didn't realize I had been gone too long. You beet salad sounded yummy and you are right it was still a good choice. You got this and I am so proud of how your mindset has changed. Thanks for taking the lead for Teresa...she couldn't of ask for a better team lead...

Cbabie

Yes the youngster did completely walk me. He’s so spastic to dog bark, squirrel, rabbit wanted to go see everything. SMH 🤦🏼‍♀️ will get into routine now that it’s nicer and lighter later.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Hahahaha! Yes! That's true, you here, she's gone lol. I get the thing with your husband, my husband gets that way too. I can't believe you didn't burn calories doing that video. It seems like you would. I'm sorry you didn't get a green dot. I think you should get one, you did exercise and you were sweating AND it was 51 minutes of exercise which is even more than the recommended 30 mins a day.
    PROs:
    You made the effort.
    It was more than the recommended 30 mins a day by almost double.
    You were sweating when you did it.
    You made such an effort that you could barely hold your arms up.
    CONs:
    It didn't fit into the box of burning enough calories.
    That's it. No more CONs.

@TeresaW1020 Wow, I didn't realize that was a year-long program! That's a commitment. Thanks re: the home meal. You deserve a vacation. Where would you go if you had a choice? re: Fat2Fit...I am happy to help and hope it does help to step down. We will miss your leadership but I'm glad you aren't leaving the group!

@cbabie Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry about the medical issue. I hope you are okay now. Hugs! Congrats on the loss. Yeah, sometimes behavior catches up with you the following week. I hope that isn't the case for you. I'm glad you are back, the beet salad was really good.

Hi all. Well, yesterday I didn't get a blue dot but it was mostly because of what I planned for dinner, I didn't check the points on the recipe before I planned it and it ended up being 20 pts. I get 18 pts for the day, for reference. Lesson learned. This means that I won't get a blue dot for today either since I eat leftovers from dinner for lunch. Tonight's dinner is already done besides the side: Instant Pot Chicken Marsala with a side of healthier creamed spinach.

Water yesterday: 60 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited May 2022
    @teresaw1020 I use my fitbit for burned calories during exercise. I'm not really interested if it's accurate or not because who knows is the calories ingested accurate. But it's all apart of my formula. Like when I lift weights, I know I need to do more exercise than normal because calories burned aren't as high on those exercise sessions. So I will walk extra minutes to get to the 250. My actual needed is 315 but since I haven't been consistent lately, I restarted at 250 and then I slowly raise it. I know I can be lazy and do 15 min of cardio and then stretching and say well I exercised. That doesn't help me lose weight which is why I set the burned calories goal. If I ever do that video again, I might just put it on my weight lifting days. I'm glad you are getting some self care in. I had some Beast Shriek (Pig Squeal) yesterday. Me and hubby can't seem to get on the same page about WHEN we are going to get some ice cream. I will only eat it on my green days. He doesn't seem to want it on my green days. So he asked me yesterday and for a moment I was sitting there thinking, what if I get the sugar free kind? Yeah, I could do that. Then realized that was just my Beast talking and so clanged the bars loudly and he went back to his corner.

@gemwolf110 I would have the leashes of both dogs wrapped around me tangled. I could just see it. But good exercise though because it forces you to walk.

@cbabie Well glad you are alive and well....who would I have to nag? Yaaay on your weight loss. I take it anyway I can get it.

So no green dot for me again. Ugh! I went over calories by 70. I let the Beast shriek as loud as he wanted while I ate some pizza. Dh had early errands and wanted me to go with him so I did but that meant no exercise and didn't do it later in the day. Only half my water. So today will be a better day.

I took all of your comments to heart and so I've decided that I will give myself a green dot for Monday. My new rule will be I'll allow myself to count exercise towards the green dot if at least 45 min of exercise has been done even if I don't reach the calorie burned threshold of 250-315 but I can only use that once per week. The rest of the week I need to go walk and make it up.

🟢
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member
    Afternoon all, I am behind in my "morning" routine." Not much to report, everyone here is asleep...I just can't take a nap unless I am sick..UGH.. not exercise today..It's been a weird day for routines.

@theslightedgeforever I am glad you are giving yourself grace....exercise is movement in my book....(Dad got NO exercise). unless you call walking from the bathroom to the chair. LOL Can you change your green day to eat ice cream? LOL

@trooworld That stinks about the 20 vs 18 points...but it's not like you do it all the time and do it on purpose. LOL. So I think you are good and moving in the right direction for WI on Saturday.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Today will be a better day. Hugs. I think that is reasonable, what you decided about the green dots. I admire the way you really think hard and come up with solutions.

@cbabie I love taking naps. That's true about the 20 vs 18 pts. I don't know about weigh-in. We'll see! :D

Hi all. I need to snap out of it. Yesterday at work, I got a bagel and a full-fat chai latte. I tracked it but it put me way over. I need to do better. I'm going to go over the recipes I planned for next week and see which fit into my plan and re-plan those that don't.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • cbabie
    Morning all, well I blew it yesterday..I guess I am still unsettled. I don't know I kept looking for that "right thing" to eat and ate everything in the process.. all sugar I might add. no exercise, not anything. So going to try again today....

@trooworld you have a plan...and it is good. we just keep trying and that's the important part.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @cbabie You aren't alone lol. I blew it, too. Let's start over today.

Hi all. Well, I'm not going to comment on what I did yesterday besides saying that I am with cbabie and starting over today. I do want to say that I feel like I have given intermittent fasting a good go and it isn't working for me again this time: I am starving every day until my eating window opens and then when it opens, I eat the house and it defeats the purpose of fasting. So, me and intermittent fasting are done. I am still not going to eat breakfast because I'm sick of finding things to eat but I will eat a snack at about 9:30 or so.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @theslightedgeforever I like that you revised your green dot for exercise. Doing 45 minutes should totally count but also not using it as an excuse to not get the calorie burn is smart. We do have a way of justifying our actions if we don’t set clear rules, don’t we? I let my Pig shriek too much yesterday and today I’m paying the price. But I’m saying, “Not today, Pig…NOT today!” ;)

@cbabie Sorry you had a struggle yesterday. I ate way too much sugar too. Today is a new day! :)

@trooworld I agree that IF isn’t for everyone and if you are super hungry and overeating when your window opens that proves it isn’t for you. I think what helps me the most is that I drink three large cups of black coffee and a can or two of plain seltzer in the mornings and that fills me up until lunch. I blew it yesterday too and plan to do much better today. Although there will be pie later. ;) Oh, and if I could have a vacation, I would go up north to the mountains. Maybe stay in a cabin with a nice view, sit on the porch, and drink wine. :)

Good morning! I actually have some time today so here I am checking in. Joe turned 79 yesterday! I’m married to an old geezer. :o And the highlight of our day was getting a huge shipment of catheters delivered. We can only laugh at this point in our lives. :D We have had some very sweet friends bringing chocolate cake and homemade apple pie to celebrate his birthday and of course, I’ve eaten more than I should have. Today, I’m home and plan to catch up on some of the Never Binge Again material that I’m super behind on. I’m not sure why I joined this program but I’m in and not going to give up. Tomorrow I'm taking Joe to see the new Downton Abbey movie. We are super excited!! :)
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I didn't do wonderful last night, but I was a little over and not alot..LOL. (calorie wise). I didn't exercise yesterday at all. I found out my neighbor is no longer at her house. I am a little sad, I didn't get to say goodbye. I waited too long to check... She either moved in with one of her kids or a NH...they are having a estate sale right now...I can't go down there, it is so sad. Her and her husband moved in at least 30 years ago, she lived by herself and wasn't always there mentally. She was deathly afraid of the street noise by my house..something had happened when she was a kid. Oh I did go to the park yesterday..LOL

@trooworld if IF isn't for you then it isn't...I used to be better at it, but lately I am like you, eat everything in site when I can eat. LOL. I am just taking one day at a time..who knows if i will be here tomorrow. Just trying to make the best choices I can at that time.

@TeresaW1020 So glad you are getting to go see the new movie. I always think of my mom when I see that commercial. LOL. I am glad you are laughing, you could be sitting in depression and that would not be good.. :). Tell Joe Happy birthday!!! So glad you have friends who cook.LOL.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Yes, I agree. Yep, just start over today and try to forget what happened yesterday! Mmmmm pie. Your mountain vacation sounds wonderful and relaxing. Happy birthday to Joe! Oh my, what a birthday present! Chocolate cake and apple pie sound like a nice birthday treat and time with friends is always nice! Enjoy the movie!

@cbabie You are getting closer to your calorie range, that's great. I'm sorry about your neighbor. That's too bad you couldn't say goodbye. Yeah, I wish IF worked for me, I really do. It is miraculous for my husband (he eats once a day) but just not for me.

Hi all! Well I have two good things to report today: first, I lost 2.2 lbs despite eating my face off this week. I can only think this is because I was bloated from eating out at last week's weigh-in but I'll take it. Second thing: I worked out on the Tonal for 46 minutes yesterday and no migraine! I did do one of the easier programs (it's a 12-workout program). It felt great to be able to do it. I may do another workout today but I have a lot going on so it may be tomorrow. Today, I am getting groceries, going to my WW meeting, and then meeting an old coworker for coffee. It should be a busy but fun day.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

k18r6hmv5xzx.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited May 2022
    @cbabie I ate ice cream without dh today. Not waiting around anymore on him. Maybe the "right thing" you were looking for wasn't in food at all. What else could have filled you up? What if you were to find out where your neighbor is? She isn't dead yet so you can still see her if you want to and go say goodbye. the internet is your friend.

@trooworld I love my naps too. I don't like IF either. I've been doing well this week on saying wait until my green day. Or if I'm hungry for something I just go get some fruit and eat that. I've also had some baby carrots and french onion dip. Yaaay on your weight loss. Plus you were able to do the Tonal. Woohoo.

@teresaw1020 Have you been jotting down your Pig Squeals. What is he saying to you or is it a she? I find it's good to write them down then later go back and see what you heard so you know how to counterargue the next time. I'll join you at the mountain. We don't have to talk to each other, I'll read and drink tea. My dd is excited about the new Downton Abbey movie too. Happy Birthday to Joe. I think no matter the season of life, there is always something.

I have not been exercising this week like I need to. So no more green dots. I have fallen into the black hole of ancestors. I need to make a rule no ancestry work until exercise is done for the day.

But food has been good. water better than last week. Now to get that third leg on the stool. It's usually the easiest for me.

🟢
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I went on a bike ride this morning, just ate my oatmeal with strawberries. My goal this week is to get more veggies and fruit. I have to figure out how not to be stressed about things I have no control over. I really want to finish this book I am reading, it's really good and then just sit and sew and do nothing else...but that won't happen..someone has to cook, someone has to clean and do laundry.

@trooworld yea on the loss..Oh I am so excited you got to do the Tonal. I miss workouts like that, but it will never be again. I always felt great when I lifted weights. I build muscle quicker than most females..LOL. My DH usually only eats 1 time a day too, but he is drinking coffee all day and smoking..so that is not a plus.

@theslightedgeforever Yea on eating ice cream when you wanted it...Put a time limit on your ancestry work..1 hour and no more..you then can exercise 1 hour to earn the privilege of digging up dead bones..LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I wish I were as good as you at waiting until your green days. I'm not: whatever I want, I have. I have no self-control. That's funny that you fell into the black hole of ancestors: I was just on Ancestry.com yesterday, and they updated my ancestry. It was quite interesting. That sounds like a good rule. You've got this.

@cbabie That's a good goal. How are you going to do it? Why can't we get a maid and a cook lol. I'm excited I could do the Tonal, too. I love muscles. I can't wait to have some lol. Yeah drinking coffee all day and smoking are not good.

Hi all. I had a good day, life-wise yesterday. I enjoyed the day, meeting with my friend, and then my husband and I had a 2-person Mexican fiesta: we had gotten a charcoal grill so we grilled carne asada, I made Mexican-style zucchini and refried beans. We had Mexican lagers. It was fun and took almost all of my weeklies but it was worth it. I am going to earn some points today because I plan on using the Tonal. I am still sore from my workout on Friday.

Water yesterday: 40 oz

• cbabie
    Well I had an okay day yesterday...stayed in my calories, but went over in my fat content..LOL. I am really just trying to analyze my days right now. Trying to figure what caused my episode on Monday. I think it's stress, so I am trying to find ways to relax. I think I am going to start using my oils like I used to..LOL

@trooworld I hope you enjoy your tonal today...I could "hear" the smile in your voice when you talked about your day yesterday!!!! So glad you enjoyed it...we all need those days.

I will be getting ready for church here in a few and will try NOT to have my PB sandwich when I get out..LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited May 2022
    @cbabie So what is stopping you from lifting weights at home? Do you still have any handweights at home? If not, you can still use filled milk cartons, cans of soup, etc. Even bands can do all those things like the Tonal. If use your own bodyweight for some of the exercises. Go on strike. Take one day and sit and do nothing if that's what you want. Except for baby girl as she can't cook yet. LOL

@trooworld Did you do the Tonal today? You sound so happy and carefree in your post about Mexican food, etc. Mexican food makes me happy too. So does a Mexican siesta. ;) It's nice to find the joy in the little things of life. Put those kind of things in our lifeplans more often. I'd go with the maid but not the cook. You make them mad and they spit in your food. lol I'd rather cook and then let them clean up.

I went over calories yesterday by 230. UGH No exercise either. Water was good.

🟢
  • trooworld
    @cbabie You did great Saturday, staying within your calories is awesome. Stress will do it. I do so poorly when there is stress, or anger, in my life. I did enjoy my Tonal. I am still sore from Friday and then yesterday, more soreness lol. We do all need those days! Did you have a PB sandwich? ;)

@theslightedgeforever I did do the Tonal yesterday. It was great! Yes, Mexican food makes me happy as well. And so do siestas. ;) I would go with the maid as well. We can cook pretty well so no need for the cook. That's also a good point about the cook lol. Well, at least water was good. What can you do today that your future self will thank you for?

Hi all. I am up before my husband gets up and I am planning on using the Tonal. I could very well just sit here and play on the computer but I am not going to do that. My strength score has gone up by 9% since when I used the Tonal in October, my strength score is 163 which is still wimpy but I will improve it if I keep up the work. Below are yesterday's exercises.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

i4uz9pro7u26.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @cbabie that is sad that you missed saying goodbye to your neighbor. Sounds like it was time for her to not be on her own anymore. One of my sweet friends from church just sold her home and moved up north to live with her daughter. We will all miss her so much, but it was best for her. Ohhh I hear you about just wanting to do something just for yourself. I try not to be resentful at how easily my mom and Joe think it’s perfectly OK that I literally do everything in this house. Does no good to complain though, does it? ;)

@trooworld Yayyy on your 2.2 lbs loss this week and for getting back on the Tonal. I’m so glad that it isn’t giving you migraines. Let’s hope that continues! Yum for Mexican Fiestas! I sure enjoyed mine yesterday. :)

@theslightedgeforever No, I haven’t been writing down my Pig squeals. Might have been a good idea if I had been. See below for my update about the NBA program. OK, we will sit on our mountain cabin porch and just enjoy each other in silence. Unless I have too much wine and then I’m afraid I will become quite chatty. :D

Hello! I have a little time right now so I thought I would catch up. Joe and I loved the Downton Abbey movie! We had a church potluck last night where I ate too much but had a really good time. Everyone was super sweet to Joe and took turns sitting with him and making him feel loved. :) I made a decision this morning to cancel the Never Binge Again intensive program. The name intensive is very accurate! The program has daily check-ins with a coach, several weekly tasks to do, videos, and reading material. I have been feeling extremely overwhelmed and frustrated by how far behind I had gotten. The program is awesome and I’m sure would be very beneficial, but it just doesn’t fit into my hectic life right now and I honestly don’t need another thing causing me stress. I have the book and the workbook and plan to do them at my own pace. This morning I started a summer challenge (Thank you, trooworld) and plan to fast for at least 16 hours, say no to sugar and snacks, and workout at least 5 days a week. Now, I have to go get Joe ready to take him to the dentist. Talk to you later! :)
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited May 2022
    @trooworld I like when you post your Tonal exercises so then I can use that as a guide. LOL But using my handweights or universal. I exercised 51 min this morning. That's what I did for my future self. I just finished a fajita salad and some cantaloupe.

@teresaw1020 Things like NBA need total focus. So I think you made a good decision. Not forever, just for now. So using the NBA knowledge, what rules do you need in place for potlucks?

Green dot earned for yesterday. A new week began. I gained 1.2 this week. Food was good all but one day. Exercise was lacking only 2 days. Water was much improved. I'm hoping this is just some water weight. I've had soy sauce twice this week. But if not, we shall press onward.

🟢
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I went on a bike ride this morning, tested my sugar levels, blood pressure and have been getting some of "MY" things done. It felt good. I really and going to be watching my body this next couple of weeks to see if anything tells me what could have caused my episode on last Monday. I gained 1.8 lbs this week, no surprise, so we will see what this week brings. LOL. I have to start eating more veggies and fruit..it might be canned, but it will be veggies.LOL

@trooworld glad you are improving with the tonal, yes look at your meal plans and see what fits this week. I did have my PB sandwich.. (:

@TeresaW1020 I am so glad you cancelled that program..I am afraid all the stress will do you more harm than good..you know your body and your household..you decide what is good for you. Yes, last night when my grand daughter asked me what was for dinner, I said...you know someday I will be able to ask you what is for dinner...(she is 23). I might as well been talking to my stove..LOL

@theslightedgeforever I got rid of all my weights, I have the bands and some 3 lb weights...I will be working on incorporating some of those into a routine...but working on a couple of other things right now.. LOL

cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Happy Monday Y’all! ;) hope everyone is doing well! Had a busy but productive weekend and productive Monday. Attempted to tackle the overgrown backyard. Mower wouldn’t start 2 weeks ago and blade was bent. Finally got it back mid last week. But only got front done and a quarter of back yard done (got dark and bats come out at dark…I have a thing about bats and them potentially swooping down at me). Then it rained, then it shot up to almost 90 degrees and was too hot and worked when it would be sane to mow yard. So tonight was the night. It’s now 90% done. Just have the back corner to do when it’s light out. It’s a section that I need to see where I’m mowing. Will see what tomorrow night brings. Have book club and Zumba this week on the schedule. Also applied for a couple of jobs so will see if they will be better or worse. Hope everyone has a great week!