The struggle is real

Hello! I'm new to this app/forum. I'm trying to meet my first weight loss goal of 160 lbs. I'm 4'11 height and 195 lbs as of this writing.

I did Keto for 6 weeks and lost around 15 lbs I believe. I didn't have a bathroom scale at the time to weight myself. Keto was between end of Jan 2022 to middle of March 2022. I started out around 215 lbs (estimate) in Jan 2022.

I have since stopped Keto in late March but have been able to adapt to a more healthier diet as a result. Between I'm middle of April to middle of May I lost almost 8 lbs. I'm currently trying to lose 2 lbs a week eating around 1200 calories a day.

It has been difficult eating only 1200 a day... I'm often hungry and don't feel satisfied after meals. I try to exercise but I'm often tired and not motivated to exercise.

Anyway! If anyone has and advice for eating a 1200 calorie and not suffering please feel free to post it here. Thanks, looking forward to meeting everyone!

Replies

• gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    Is there a reason why your target is 1200? I see a lot of people just pick arbitrary calorie intakes without taking into account any lifestyle factors or traits
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    If you're losing 2 lbs a week eating 1200 calories, but you find it hard, the solution is easy: eat 1700 calories a day to lose 1lb a week.
    Faster weight loss is not necessarily better weight loss. Slow it down, take the time to learn new habits and plan for maintenance.
    As you get lighter, you should slow it down anyway, losing 0.5-1% of your bodyweight per week is what you should be aiming for: the faster you lose, the more you risk losing muscle mass instead of fat.
  • darkburst
    darkburst Posts: 3 Member
    Part of the reason I chose 1200 is due to height, sex, age, activity level etc. Have been using different apps and all have suggested 1200.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    sparkraid wrote: »
    Part of the reason I chose 1200 is due to height, sex, age, activity level etc. Have been using different apps and all have suggested 1200.

But you are finding that low level too hard.
    What would you say to someone else reporting "I'm often hungry and don't feel satisfied after meals. I try to exercise but I'm often tired and not motivated to exercise. " ?

You made a plan, you tried that plan, you are finding that plan has big flaws - I would suggest it's time to modify your plan.

Rather than restrict your question to "1200 cals and not suffering" why not open that question up to "who has lost weight successfully without suffering?".
  • darkburst
    darkburst Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks for the feedback!