Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,594 Member
    Last night I didn't see the 2nd link in your post, PAV. (maybe I should have been sleeping - not reading?)
    Quite the feast! Stuff there for us veggies to salivate over too - and who wouldn't admire that vibe???
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,810 Member
    Moving on to hot weather foods now cause it’s HOT 🥵. Today it’s tuna salad nicoise with low cal dressing. Lots of 🐰 too.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,546 Member
    Alexandra: is your wedding BBQ plan the Southern Variety or the "hibachi" variety?
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    The southern, though for only 8-10 people one of the big spreads with sides included from the BBQ place will do. About half the people are elderly and not big eaters, so I can allow a little smaller portions. And for dessert/wedding cake I will do a sugarfree New York Style cheesecake, because Boyfriend can have that without peril.

• lauriekallis
    Glad you asked that, PAV. Somehow I missed Alexandra's "when we get hitched" menu. This is a pretty significant what's for supper - and it almost slipped by!

Sounds like a beautiful plan, Alexandra.

If I ever get married again, I would love to have a full-out community barbecue in the park. Free food for everyone (I think I'll stop at the drinks though :) - well maybe a glass of bubbly for everyone old enough?). Local bands. Bouncy castle! At this stage in my life I want to celebrate with as many people as possible.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,724 Member
    Back in the dating game...shudder! If I ever find myself single again I’ll get a pen pal. No more romancing for me...
  • PAV8888
    I can't escape! Apparently someone who shall not be named (but who is hanging out with me and would qualify as my progenitor) mentioned that he "likes falafel".

At 17:30, this arrived... https://icedrive.net/s/5QYzND1RC5D6tuvR285QStBR8T1Z

Do you guys have a clue how much of a ding falafel hits you with?!?!?!?! I had a total of six. they were exactly 150g in total, cooked. That's a good 550 Cal. Didn't eat any of the tahini enhanced humus (though I should log the spoon lick!)

But, yeah... and falafel doesn't even register for me in terms of satiating for the calories. Tasty? Yes. Filling... no. :neutral:
  • lauriekallis
    edited May 2022
    Back in the dating game...shudder! If I ever find myself single again I’ll get a pen pal. No more romancing for me...

Oh, Bella! This time around I tried the opposite. I am blessed with many dear friends - so when a difficult "lover" from long ago appeared in my life it seemed like it would be easier to not "engage" intellectually - no "intimacy" just fooling around occasionally. But the brain keeps interfering. Personalities still clash. He's still a crazy **kitten** nutbar who for some inexplicable reason tickles my fancy enormously. But we rarely get to the "occasionally fooling around" because things blow up too quickly.

So - I think I should skip relationships from here on in - just go for a fun wedding B)

Maybe with lots and lots of falafel!!!!!

(and file it all under "what's for supper" :smile: )
  • lauriekallis
    Falafel / donut crosses!!!! That spread is to die for, PAV. Freakin' calories :'(

But if you think of it as a powerful amount of nutrition - and that spread as dinner for 10 active people - it is truly amazing!
  • PAV8888
    Yeah, delivered for one and me! 🙀
  • lauriekallis
    That is dangerous. Hope you found a way to minimize the potential damage for you both.
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    edited May 2022
    That is a LOT of hummus. O_O
  • Dante_80
    edited May 2022
    We got take-out today, pasta.

I got the ragu bolognese papardele

9NUK78y.png

I weighed the thing and it was about 690gr. So...I ate just the half of it (with my standard huge salad), and gave the other half to my Aunt lol.

Incredibly tasty, especially with the tsalafouti cheese on top.

• Yoolypr
    Good work Dante! Let Auntie go home with a little extra baggage. I think you’re going to get through this eating challenge just fine. 👍
  • Dante_80
    edited May 2022
    Well..considering aunt Seane has 7 inches on me...I think she will manage just fine lol..

At least, that's the excuse I used this time.. :p
  • Yoolypr
    Let Auntie enjoy all she wants! Oh to be tall rather than shrinking in height. I’m only 5’2” and old so my calorie allotment is pretty low.

People keep pushing food at me imagining that I am surely not eating enough. And I still need to lose 25 lbs! An average restaurant meal in the USA is often well above my entire daily allowance.
  • PAV8888
    I've thawed/microwaved (in today's world I'm avoiding the term "nuked") 750g of veggies in a vague plan to arrange for lighter fare later on today.

According to my coffee pot I've downed 8 cups of coffee during the past 3.5 hours. I'm slowly recovering from falafel overload. I had six.

Forensic picture analysis indicates that with three left over someone in the house had 13🤯🙀
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2022
    Laurie what's thawing?
    Not going to ask Alexandra cause she has a plan! 👍😘
    @Janatki is too quiet too!
  • Yoolypr
    Dad is full of falafel! Perhaps kind lady downstairs has a maiden aunt or widowed relative that cooks equally well? Could be a match made in heaven for Dad.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    edited May 2022
    I am here Sorry folks - still out of all sorts! Am weighing, measuring and logging…bunnies are limping along… lupus is bl**min’ galloping weight is on downward trend though … can’t walk on these joints, but doing bits of gentle staionary cycling 😌🙄🤗🚲