Lynn__W Posts: 835 Member
    edited May 2022
    Lynn
    Height: 5' 1" 75 yrs of living
    May goal: 160
    UGW: 145

May 1 - 165.6
    May 10th - 162.4
    May 22nd - 166.2 have to get this bouncing wt stopped!
    Self Challenge: 9 days of Food Journal, Food pts w/i allowance, min 8 water, some exercise, gratitude jrnl

May 23rd - ; (FJ= y/N; OP= Y/N; Water= Y/N; Execise=Y/N; Gratitude = Y/N)
    May 24th - ; (FJ= y/N; OP= Y/N; Water= Y/N; Execise=Y/N; Gratitude = Y/N)
    May 25th - ; (FJ= y/N; OP= Y/N; Water= Y/N; Execise=Y/N; Gratitude = Y/N)
    May 26th - ; (FJ= y/N; OP= Y/N; Water= Y/N; Execise=Y/N; Gratitude = Y/N)
    May 27th - ; (FJ= y/N; OP= Y/N; Water= Y/N; Execise=Y/N; Gratitude = Y/N)
    May 28th - ; (FJ= y/N; OP= Y/N; Water= Y/N; Execise=Y/N; Gratitude = Y/N)
    May 29th - ; (FJ= y/N; OP= Y/N; Water= Y/N; Execise=Y/N; Gratitude = Y/N)
    May 30th - ; (FJ= y/N; OP= Y/N; Water= Y/N; Execise=Y/N; Gratitude = Y/N)
    May 31st - ; (FJ= y/N; OP= Y/N; Water= Y/N; Execise=Y/N; Gratitude = Y/N)

Wt change = ___
  • TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    My name is Tina, Height: 5'6" Age: 54
    MFP starting weight: 149.2 (3/30/21)
    April results: -0.6
    April end weight: 136.0
    UGW: 130

05/01 - DNW - out of town, no scale. Tomorrow will be my start weight for May.
    05/02 - 135.6 (136.9 trend) first weekend in a long time that I did not gain weight!
    05/03 - DNW - day off from work and woke up late. Like to weigh at same time every day.
    05/04 - 135.2 (136.5 trend)
    05/05 - 135.0 (136.3 trend) palate apparatus is wreaking havoc. I have a nice sore on my tongue that won't go away so it is slowing my eating down a bit. Hoping it heals soon. A little upset at the orthodontist office for not being completely truthful. They claimed this would just be "uncomfortable" until I became accustomed to it in a few days. Nothing about sores and pain. Oh well, this too shall pass
    05/06 - 135.8 (136.2 trend) Pizza last night. I always gain a bit after pizza and it just doesn't seem fair this time. I could not eat the crust, so all I had was the toppings off two pieces. Really thought it would make a difference. I was wrong. Lesson learned. Of course the free biscuits and gravy at work for breakfast probably played into that gain as well :D Couldn't pass up soft food that was free!
    05/07 - DNW
    05/08 - DNW - Hope all you Mother's had a wonderful day.
    05/09 - 137.0 (136.5 trend) Unfortunately found a lot of food I could comfortably eat. Need to start being mindful again and should really start logging my food. Surgery will probably slow me down again, but I have a few weeks till that occurs.
    05/10 - 136.2 (136.4 trend)
    05/11 - 135.4 (136.3 trend) YAY! Back to a loss for the month. Hoping to keep this up and reach my goal
    05/12 - 135.0 (136.1 trend) starting to log again today
    05/13 - 133.2 (135.7 trend) Not sure I'm believing this. Will wait until tomorrows weigh in to see.
    05/14 - 133.6 (135.4 trend) I'll take it
    05/15 - 134.2 (135.3 trend)
    05/16 - 135.2 (135.3 trend) too much sodium over the past couple of days. Need to be more careful
    05/17 - DNW - had a craving for a Big Mac and fries and gave in. Was afraid to step on scales
    05/18 - 134.0 (135.0 trend) very surprised
    05/19 - 133.2 (134.7 trend) I thought for sure that the scale would go up after the heaping bowl of mashed potatoes I had for lunch yesterday. Very happy they didn't :)
    05/20 - 133.4 (134.5 trend) thought for sure I posted this already this morning, but I guess not.
    05/21 - DNW
    05/22 - DNW
    05/23 - 134.4 (134.5 trend)
    05/24 -
    05/25 - Surgery
    05/26 -
    05/27 -
    05/28 -
    05/29 -
    05/30 -
    05/31 -

May goal weight: 133
    Running loss/gain for month: -1.2
  • aliru108
    aliru108 Posts: 94 Member
    edited May 2022
    Hello again, everyone!!

My name is Ana. Some months after my late husband passed away in 2011 I was at my highest weight (180 lbs). Using MFP I was able to get back to a healthy weight through diet and exercise and I kept it off for years. Unfortunately, the pandemic has messed me up in varied and profound ways that led to a Dr's visit on 06.16.21  where I learned that I was back up to 156.4 lb. I am back to the MFP community to make myself accountable for my own health.
    My plan for this month is: Hang in there! I will exercise at least 5x a week and will try my best not to snack and to walk to work 4x a week. Good luck to me and to all of you! 💖

Highest Weight 2011: 180 Lbs
    2021 Highest (June): 156.4 Lbs
    May Progress: 134.6 / 135.2 (+0.6)
    Ultimate goal: Be fit and at a healthy weight.

05/01: 134.6 (-0.6) Very disappointed with this month. On Friday the number was 134.2, but still... At the end of two months the balance is that I gained 0.2 LB... It makes me think that there's no point to the effort if there's been 2 months and the only change in sight is a gain! I'm just very disappointed 😔
    Still wondering if my scale is just crazy bur don't want to buy a new one... We'll see..
    I will keep on going and make an effort till the end of my preset goal but I'm not very motivated. I'm feeling more like I want to get this out of the way... I'm hoping that by then I have something better to show up for my efforts...

05/14: 134.2 (-0.4)
    So... Not even half a pound lost.
    In 2 weeks.
    Not happy at all.
    Last week the number was exactly the same as 05/01 so I guess it's more of a 0.4 loss in 1 week.
    At this point, I'd need to loose 2lb a week to reach the goal I had set up for last year... I think that once I gave my body a rest in Nov and Dec of last year, the loss stalled no matter what I did after that...
    I have 10 lbs to lose and they are mostly located on my stomach and a little bit on my legs. And I'm not saying I want to be on the lowest weight for my height. I'm talking right in the middle of it. I'm Mexican so I think it is a cultural thing that we don't like to be too skinny... But I digress. What I'm trying to say is that those 10 lb shouldn't be so hard to get rid of!! Right?? (this is the part where everyone agrees and we conclude that the world is against my weight loss efforts and none of it is my fault even though I had half a brie for mother's day and a slice of pizza late last night)
    I wonder if I should change my strategy from calorie deficit to something else that doesn't include being hungry, because that, I just can't do... lol
    I'm looking for positives. I noticed yesterday that what used to be my tightest pants last year (tight as in: I can't button up without bursting out my muffin top) fit a little looser than last month and the tops that used to make me feel constricted are now very comfortable. It's all very confusing! Maybe I'm focusing too much on the number, but I'm telling you guys, it's definitely NOT that I have gained muscle because-even though we have all agreed that none of it it's my fault-I haven't exercised all that much 😬
    OK... I think I found the culprit... I guess I should get right to the mat then...

05/23 135.2 (+1) WHATTTT? I'm going to blame that to eating salty food and late last night. I don't see another reason to explain such a bump. My fitness tracker has been showing me going up to 30% over my goal and I've been careful about food intake. I'm about to quit on weighing myself because I truly feel it doesn't reflect what I see and how I feel.
    On continuing to be positive, I got my hot weather clothes out and long story short, I'm left with 8 shorts/pants. Most everything else was literally falling off of me. I also found that I don't have to give away the shirts that I was spilling off of. They fit very nice.
    Even if I feel like I'm accomplishing the goal I set up for myself this January (be healthy, mindful eater and exercise regularly), I'm sad about the number. I don't want to fall that short of my original goal... At the end of march I was 10 Lbs away, now almost 14. It's a mixture of feeling successful and defeated...
    Last June I declared my Year of Health. I have 4 weeks before the deadline. I am going to try my best to give it my best. I'll try my best to not self-sabotage. I will try my best to be happy about the results.

Sending love to everyone
    💖
    -A

Goals for the week:
    1. Self-love and compassion
    2. Put nutrition to the forefront
    3. Increase water intake
    4. Listen to my satiety cues
    5. Sleep at least 7 hrs every night
    6. Morning exercise/walk 5x/week

REMINDER TO SELF:
    Highest Weight, 2011: 180 Lbs (81.6 Kilos)
    MFP Start: 175 Lbs (79.4 Kilos)
    Current Weight: 134.2 Lbs (60.9 Kilos)

2022 LOSS: 4.8 Lbs (2.18 Kilos)
    January Start/End: 139.6 / 137.6 (- 2.0)
    February Start/End: 137.6 / 134.2 (-3.4)
    March Start/End: 134.2 / 134.4 (+0.2)
    April Start/End: 134.4/134.8 (+0.2)

2021 LOSS: 16.8 Lbs (8.3 Kilos) So proud!!
    June Start/End: 156.4 / 151.8 (- 4.6)
    July Start/End: 151.8 / 148.4 (- 3.4)
    August Start/End: 150.2 / 146.4 (- 3.8)
    September Start/End: 146.4 / 141.2 (- 5.2)
    October Start/End: 141.2 / 138.4 (- 2.8)
    November Start/End: 138.4 / 138.8 (+ .4)
    December Start/End: 138.8 / 139.6 (+ 0.8)
  • TinaLeigh67
    @aliru108
    Go by how your clothes fit. It's amazing that you were able to get rid of some clothes that are now too big. That is quite an accomplishment. That number on the scale isn't the be all, end all. My weight is lowering, but my shorts from last year are not any looser. You are doing something right. The middle section and the legs are always the last to thin out (at least it has been for me over the years). You've got this!
  • aliru108
    aliru108 Posts: 94 Member
    Thanks @TinaLeigh67!
    I just had to edit my post because my scale decided to be merciful and consistently showed a different number. Still a gain, but not as bad.
    I am sitting by my drawer realizing that 2 of my shorts are brand new and that one of the pants I saved, as much as I love it, it really has to go... This getting rid of clothes also helps with my minimalist efforts so, double win!
    I have half a day off today so I'm going to try and take care of myself. I started with my post. I'll follow with a long walk before it gets miserably hot.
    Thanks for the support, Tina. It really helps and I truly appreciate it.
    I hope everything is going well for you. I see that you have a surgery is coming up. I wish only the best for you!

-A
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,514 Member
    @river49

Good that you will be tracking. I truly believe that we can't be successful in weight loss if we don't.

I lost weight years ago and figured that I knew approximately what I was ingesting. I stopped tracking and measuring ... and gained 50 pounds.

I know that naturally skinny people don't need to do this, but I plan to track for life now. It is pretty easy for me, I eat the same things mostly, so they are all in the MFP.
  • river49
    river49 Posts: 100 Member
    @river49

Good that you will be tracking. I truly believe that we can't be successful in weight loss if we don't.

I lost weight years ago and figured that I knew approximately what I was ingesting. I stopped tracking and measuring ... and gained 50 pounds.

I know that naturally skinny people don't need to do this, but I plan to track for life now. It is pretty easy for me, I eat the same things mostly, so they are all in the MFP.

Thanks, Dawn, you're absolutely right. When I don't track my food intake, the amount I eat just gradually keeps creeping up. - cheers, Beth
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,248 Member
    @TinaLeigh67 - Good luck with your surgery tomorrow!
  • TinaLeigh67
    @tinacuso
    Thank you!