Share Your Day

Replies

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,582 Member
    Yooly, nothing even comes close to the experience. I'd urge everyone who doesn't suffer from fear of heights to do at least one in their lifetime. Sheer exhilaration when you're plummeting towards the ground with the wind roaring in your ears, followed by an almost religious silence and peace once the parachute opens...nothing compares!

I'd jump all day every day if my budget stretched to it...oh, to win the lottery...
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,751 Member
    Nope - no plummeting no where for me. Too old for that exhilaration. 😲
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    Splatty... I sincerely do hope you only prove to be splatty in SOME situations but NOT all!!!!!
  • Bella_Figura
    Fear not Pav, it's much more dangerous to cycle on the public highway than it is to do a skydive run by a reputable club.

Though now I think on it, the first dive I did my fellow novice screwed up the landing and bounced on her tailbone and had to be carted off to hospital. Funny, I hadn't thought of her in years, until I landed on my own tailbone on Monday, and finally appreciated how painful it was...and my bounce was only from the height of my bike saddle!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Ha!….I do good to ride inside an airplane!….if my husband gave me this gift I would have him arrested for attempted murder!….you are a brave woman!
  • Bella_Figura
    It’s not brave if it’s your idea of heaven.

Bravery is fearing something and doing it anyway.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    I am not weighing this weekend.

I have been too fatigued to do much of anything, much less work out and cook. Been going to be about 8:30pm and sleeping through to my alarms. Just been eating whatever I crave, which is bad for my health and for my wallet.

Thinking next week I just need to keep meals super simple with no stress. Salads for lunch. Boiled eggs and mini bagels for breakfast (cause I have a ton of bagels left from this week). Dinners? I just don't know yet. Maybe my hibachi bowls because I really enjoy those. I also have some turkey hots dogs in the freezer so maybe those.
  • Yoolypr
    Back to the gym this morning. It wasn’t bad after nearly two weeks off for vacation. The hip pain is minimal so the steroid shots seem to be working. 👍
  • conniewilkins56
    I went back to the dermatologist this morning and he said I was looking better…I am still very tired, achy, and itchy…
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    Glad for the good report, Connie. How long does this type of flareup tend to last?

I hope it is the steroids - not the two weeks away from the gym! I'm at that stage now, almost 7 months post surgery - trying to figure out what is beneficial - and what is just aggravating a still somewhat messed up shoulder.
  • conniewilkins56
    Usually a small area like I have had before lasts from start to finish about 14 days but I have never had a case like this or in the areas it is at…or as many spots!…it has never been in my lymph nodes by my ear or next to my lips and chin…I have so many it is like a horror movie!…this morning the doctor said, “Boy, do you look better!”…. So if he said that, you know how bad I looked lol…my ear canal is back to normal and my chin looks better….I hope I heal quickly!
  • lauriekallis
    Throwing this out there, Connie. Maybe it is related to the COVID? My ear canals have not recovered since I had a very "light" dose of COVID in January. I think that virus is going to mess up our bodies for a little while.
    I know that you didn't "officially" test positive for COVID - but you were ill and it was in your house so it is likely that you contracted it also. I'm sure that and the stress you've gone through the past few months have put an exceptional strain on your immune system. I hope it all lightens up (in every which way!) over the coming months.
  • conniewilkins56
    I guess it could be something from Covid even if I had a mild case but I have been getting Shingles since I was 18 or 19…. This is the same pattern and the way it has always felt multiplied by a dozen!
  • lauriekallis
    It sounds horrible, Connie.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    Whelp... gonna give calorie counting another try this week over Weight Watchers. I realized I am often under eating by quite a bit with the point system. I also think that while the point system really pushes fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins it really demonizes other stuff like bread or even the occasional treat. So it was leading to a restrict/binge cycle that was causing me to feel horrible.

We will see how this goes.
  • Yoolypr
    I tried WW several times with varying success. However, for me, calorie counting just was easier. And less restrictions.

After all aren’t points just calories by another name? A more simplistic way of counting and maybe less accurate than weighing and measuring. Either way, fruits, veggies, and lean protein are your friend! Breads and treats not so much but once in a while if they fit into calorie allotment.
  • PAV8888
    I thought Laurie was my twin from different parents but momma Yooly is giving her an EXCELLENT run for her money! :kissing_heart:
  • Yoolypr
    Why thank you son! I am honored.
  • PAV8888
    Hey, s'up with tailbone splatty, and our very own Connie?

Obviously silence must mean all is good, right? 😘
  • Bella_Figura
    It's my birthday today so it's been an indulgent day...

Into the city to spend all my birthday dosh....first significant clothes shopping since the start of lockdown, when I was a UK size 20/22 (US size 16/18).....I splurged two years worth of saved-up clothes budget and all my birthday money from my sisters and in-laws in two hours....2 pairs of Levis, 2 blouses, 2 fair isle cardigans. All size 8/10 (US size 4-6)...it was mega-weird to buy clothes that on the peg looked as though they wouldn't fit a 10 y/old.

I'm ending the day just under 3000 calories (about 1000 over maintenance, but with calories banked from the past 3 days to offset). Plus I walked 22,000 steps. Pleased with that....but tomorrow will also be an indulgent day, as out to lunch with MIL.

7 whole days after my splatty-mcsplatt bike adventure I STILL can't sit comfortably on my bruised coccyx (which is STILL the colour of an aubergine). All my other scrapes and bruises have mellowed to a lovely primrose yellow....