What irks you today?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    What a day so far.

I didn't get all the exercise I normally get in the mornings before work and then my boss came in like an hour earlier than normal (I sorta pace the office while working when he's not around) and then our client brought us these huuuuuuuge burritos which, thank god, were too spicy for me so I only picked at mine. A lot. But still picking! :)

So maybe a 1,000+ calorie burrito (it's really heavy) will be maybe 600 or 700? :)
  • 88AViva
    88AViva Posts: 499 Member
    Rude people!

A guy just opened the door for a woman in front of me and she snapped at him saying she never asked or needed his help.

Me standing behind her : 🤨🙁 *felt bad for horrified looking well-meaning guy*
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    edited May 2022
    @88AViva

That’s sad. I think it’s just good manners to hold the door for people. I like it and I always appreciate it, say thanks and smile. I feel bad for whoever that was.💔☹️
  • 88AViva
    88AViva Posts: 499 Member
    edited May 2022
    @Ironwoman1111 I think so too, it's sweet when people do little kind gestures like that. I appreciate it 🌼

It's hard to be around other humans sometimes, never know how they react to things. Can't do or say anything without possibly offending someone.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    People who choose to drive a car but only commit about 10% of their attention span to driving.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,521 Member
    Travel. Travel irks me today.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 975 Member
    Business travel usually irked me.
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,043 Member
    edited May 2022
    When I see somebody that tries to act like they are superior to someone who is trying to help them. Whether it’s a transaction with a coffee order, directions whatever…..if they treat that person as beneath them, or like they are lowly by getting rude, demanding, showing no manners, patience or class it’s a RED FLAG. I don’t care how well dressed you think you are, how intelligent or superior. You’re not. Entitled pond scum in my book.🤮 Watching this person yesterday at an event got me thinking about the observer effect in psychology and how people act when alone vs in public. On their own vs in groups. Maybe this belongs in the red flag thread but I was irked and thought what a pos.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    When I allow myself to jump to conclusions. For the past 2 mornings, I'm hearing this noise that I think is somebody's engine running for a long time. People tend to do that sometimes to warm up their car. But it's been hot here. So I start grumbling about gas prices/wasting precious fuels to myself in my mind. I finally figured out it's dh's fan upstairs making the noise. :/
  • twitchymcgee
    twitchymcgee Posts: 769 Member
    I caught my coworker’s “allergies.”
  • honey_honey_12
    Once again I procrastinated and didn’t accomplish what I should have.
    Self sabotage?
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    I have a herniated disc in my low back and I have to rest...and I just finished putting together a new home gym space, which I can't use right now. Crying over here.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Badly needing cough medicine and finding the only one in the house is 7 years out of date 😔
  • honey_honey_12
    Badly needing cough medicine and finding the only one in the house is 7 years out of date 😔

Hope you feel better soon! 🌷
    Hot tea with a little honey and bourbon.
    Works! 💗
  • slimgirljo15

Hope you feel better soon! 🌷
    Hot tea with a little honey and bourbon.
    Works! 💗

Thank you Mel 🤗
  • honey_honey_12
    The term ‘triggered’.
    People morphing it into an excuse. 🙄
  • cmsienk

Sending his your way. Please take care. If you don't have bourbon, substitute whiskey.
  • slimgirljo15
    cmsienk wrote: »

Sending his your way. Please take care. If you don't have bourbon, substitute whiskey.

Thank you 🙂 I should try that before I cough up a lung.
  • cmsienk
    edited May 2022
    cmsienk wrote: »

Thank you 🙂 I should try that before I cough up a lung.

Oops! That was 'sending hugs your way'
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Feel better Jo!!

Argh my morning irk is that my mouse is all effed up and I can't seem to live without it. :(