Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2022

Replies

• koda_102
    koda_102 Posts: 21 Member
    Hi everyone! I am new to the June 2022 challenge. I was 194lbs and my current weight is 176lbs. I live in New Brunswick, Canada. I am a 29 year old, Licensed Practical Nurse, and I work at the local hospital. I have been with my boyfriend for ten years! I have two dogs and two cats. I enjoy going to the movies, restaurants, concerts, and beach! I love listening and singing to music. I love to eat— healthy or otherwise🙃!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @micaroo4 - I agree with your post 100%! Beating yourself up just keeps an endless circle of bad things happening. Doing something to feel successful is the key to breaking that cycle. Thanks for the wisdom!

@GabiV125 - Whoa- that sounds uncomfortable. I hope that you have rested and are peeing all that water off right now!

@trooworld- hooray for working out multiple days!

@laurelfit57 - Happy Monday to me after looking at those adorable Vanny pix! Love it! Glad you slept. It helps so much!

@LeahIsALoser - Welcome! and Happy Birthday! I loved your bubbly post and am looking forward to the energy you will bring to this group. I also love to read and I used to crochet. I have a couple unfinished projects that I am thinking about pulling out and finishing. I was always better at starting than finishing. Your cats are adorable, and LOL that does sound like a good topic for a romance novel.

@Katmary71 - I'm glad you were able to help your brother and that you got such a cool response from him. The screenshot was a great idea. The neighborhood party sounds like fun and music trivia does too.

@TeresaW1020 - Hope your busy rainy day goes well. The sliders do sound delish. I feel your strength building as you talk about the challenge. Go girl!

Well, I had a job interview today that went well. Which is really pleasing to me, because as I was pacing around my bedroom verbally answering practice interview questions, I was messing them up badly. So nervous! It all dissolved into calm thank goodness. Now I have some thinking to do.

Isn't it just like me to suggest a challenge, but then not think about what I would do for participation. Anyway- I'm in, and I'll post my stuff tomorrow. Thanks @trooworld !

Lisa

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Hi MS... Another new member joining your amazing team .. Please welcome @californiajuls :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @tupsundus :)
  • Frutoschrysalis
    Frutoschrysalis Posts: 5 Member
    Hey everyone !

My name is Victoria. I live in Stratford, ON. I am a mom to a 15 yr old girl and a 3 month old son! ( surprise to my uterus!) I also have been an insulin dependent type 1 diabetic since age 11. Low carb is ideally best for my body as then I take less medicine and my body works better wheb my sugars are great !

My highest weight was 320 lbs back post partum with My.teen 15 years ago! My highest while using this app was 260. I almost reached my goal weight twice (170) over 14 years ( 188) however I've gained 70 and lost a chunk again!! ( now weigh 227)

I gained weight a bit during pregnancy and covid as I was using myfitnesspal with exercise and a year ago this month I was 212 and headed down shrinkville.

I have struggled with binge eating for a long time . I think a huge part is loneliness and mental health snd I love the vibes here and the support I think this will help me not fall off track !

Leahisaloser is my best buddy and encouraged me to join! I'm excited and can't wait to make progress with such wonderful support. My newborn is quite a mamas boy so I may be delayed at times with responses 😳

Victoria
  • LeahIsALoser
    LeahIsALoser Posts: 78 Member
    @trooworld Toe beans! That's what I call them, too! They literally look like little pink beans! I want to kiss them but then I stop myself and remember that he digs in the cat box with those little toe beans... Thank you for your kind words and birthday wishes! I have suspected I am allergic to exercise for a long time. Maybe we are long lost twins? I think a one-eyed pug named Daisy sounds like about the coolest fur baby I have ever heard of.

Thank you @micaroo4 ! We have much in common. And Earl is a beautiful boy. I look forward to getting to know you!

Thank you @TeresaW1020 for the kind welcome! Support is definitely what helps me most. I'm so thankful that my best friend @Frutoschrysalis is on the same path as me and has decided to join me in this challenge. She is super motivated and knows a lot about nutrition. I know you all will love having her here, too. Between her and this group I am set for success!!

Hi @koda_102 from a fellow newbie and Canadian!! I wish you lots of success on your journey! I love to eat, too, haha. I think that's what landed me here...

@Cornanda Thank you!! I'm 100% a starter and struggle to finish things. I was saying not long ago that I wish I could make a career coming up with ideas and not having to follow through with them. That would be ideal! :P

I am sorry if I missed anyone. Still gettingbused to this format...
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi MS... Another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @chdh4ever :)
  • chdh4ever
    chdh4ever Posts: 8 Member
    Hi Team! I am 46 yo RN that lives in Pensacola. I have been married 13 yrs and have 3 amazing children. I have several chronic health issues that I am looking to reverse through weight loss with type 2 diabetes the most important. My biggest challenge is binge eating and not staying on track for more than a week at a time. I'm here hoping for some motivation to reach my goal.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    @Frutoschrysalis Welcome to Slimpossibles! I love that you joined with Leah, it sounds like this will be a great fit for both of you, so happy you're here Victoria!

@LeahisaLoser I love that you're treating yourself now, you don't feel very confident walking around in baggy clothes so I'm glad you did that! Love the kitties, orange kitties are the cutest. I've always loved cats with cool nose designs, I think Luna has one of the best I've ever seen. Hey there ARE plenty of writers who feature cats in stories!

@trooworld Woohoo, you're becoming the next Jane Fonda with all this exercise!

@koda_102 Welcome to the team my friend! I'd love to see your pets too if you get the chance! Posting pictures here is kind of a pain, I have to send them from my phone to my laptop to post so I don't do it too often. What kind of music do you listen to? I'm going to my first solo concert on Wednesday, can't wait!

@TeresaW1020 So glad you and Joe had fun at the potluck, chicken fajita sliders sound amazing! I've been looking at ThredUp lately, I'm sorry only one fits, are they items you may later fit into or all returns but one?

@Cornanda Haha, I have to scroll back and see what I said I'd do, I remember the tea and earth energy meditation, I tried that and I'm totally out of practice getting my mind calm. So happy the job interview went well, hope you get it!

@californiajuls @tupsundus Welcome to Slimpossibles!

@chdh4ever Hi and welcome to the team! As you know you can definitely help them through diet, exercise, and weight loss, I hope you're able to get binge eating under control and reach your goals. One thing you'll definitely find is you aren't alone with all these issues, I think that's one of the best things about MFP and this group.

Hi everyone, happy Monday night! I worked out and did all my PT stuff and got dressed to go to the farm to water and was texted that he didn't need me so I finished meeting minutes for the charity and worked on the minutes for the HOA (my tabs are driving me nuts) then finished some work and spent time in the yard. Tomorrow I'm getting my hair colored and styled for the concert Wednesday and may go by my parents to have lunch with my Dad and see if he can help me with the Microsoft Word tabs as the HOA Minutes need to look professional and they're a hot mess. I need to check what I said last night for the challenge, my memory is horrible! Have an amazing Tuesday everyone!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,782 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Yes! We've got this! I'm glad you had a good time at the potluck. The stickers are a great idea! You'll get into those shirts. Have a great day.

@koda_102 Hi and welcome to the team! Congrats on your progress, that's fantastic. I love to eat, too. It can be a problem for me lol.

@Cornanda Thank you! Congrats on a good interview, those are always nerve-wracking. I hope you get it! LOL about the challenge...you stinker, you! ;)

@Frutoschrysalis Welcome welcome welcome! We seem to have a lot of Canadian friends on our team, that's really cool! That's great you know what works best for your body. Congrats on your progress. I have mental health struggles myself, depression, and anxiety mostly, so I can relate to that. I also tend to get lonely as my husband is often away from home visiting his ill brother. There is a lot of support here. That's great that you and @Leahisaloser are buddies IRL. It's always good to have supportive pals!

@Leahisaloser Yes they do, I love them! LOL I know what you mean, I've stopped myself from kissing my pug's toes before lol. Yeah, I've been allergic to exercise all my life lol. But...there is hope! I started lifting weights this past Friday and I can tolerate that. Maybe you will find the exercise that lights your flame, too. :D Awww, thank you. I feel obligated to post a cute picture of Daisy now that you showed interest lol, I know I post a lot of pics of my pug but I think this group is due for another one! :)

@chdh4ever Hello and welcome to this great team! I am inconsistent, too, it's my greatest downfall. :/ I find this group helps a lot with that. I feel obligated to stay on track (that works some of the time lol).

@Katmary71 Hahahaha yes! Sounds like you had a busy Monday. Have a great Tuesday!

Hello friends. I worked out again yesterday. I'm not working out again until Weds or Fri because my butt is really sore from the squats and lunges lol. I'm really enjoying the workouts but I can't help hoping for instant results. I don't know where I get that from, I have never had instant results lol. I did well with food until I got home starving and instead of heating up my soup as planned, I got into Saturday's Mexican Fiesta's tortilla chips and salsa. :/ Oh well, today is a new day. I've got this and so do you!

30-Days to Summer Challenge (May 21-June 21) commitments for yesterday:
    Work out at least once a week - X
    Drink at least 60 oz of water each day - X
    Log at least 2 meals each day - X

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @LeahIsALoser - there's no right or wrong way to post here, so do what works for you. Responding to posts does help keep conversation flowing, but there's not always time for it. Like me... today

May 21 challenge:

I have written specifics to myself on these topics- just posting the basics here:

Get back to exercise routine

Clean up diet

I'm starting the challenge today, so I'm off to exercise!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,782 Member
    @Cornanda Those are great goals!

I forgot to post a pic of my pirate pug, so here it is!

7inlc3evd3tp.jpg

30-Days to Summer Challenge (May 21-June 21) commitments for yesterday:
    Work out at least once a week - X
    Drink at least 60 oz of water each day - X
    Log at least 2 meals each day - X

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi MS... Another new member joining your team ... Please welcome @RaquelFit2 :)
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,935 Member
    So many NEW MEMBERS joining for June! WELCOME everyone!

My goals for today is to stay hydrated, commute on the bicycle, walk 6 miles, track food & stay in range, and finish watching the movie I started last night so that I can return it.

I'm having some plantar fasciitis issues, stemming from some arthritis in my feet. The mechanics of my foot just are not what they used to be. I usually resolve it with stretching and frequently changing shoes, sometimes 2-3 times/day.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    I have quite the backlog…sorry guys!
    @FushiaKat – I wish I was at maintenance already! Sadly, I have about 40 pounds to go…in the meantime, I’m trying to enjoy more iced tea and less soda.
    @laurelfit57 – thank you for sending good thoughts my way…it’s helping! Vannie is freaking hilarious in that backpack!
    @trooworld – I appreciate the hugs! And thank you for taking on the team captain job. Your pirate pug is so dang adorable!
    @TeresaW1020 – Thank you for being such an awesome team captain. You certainly deserve a little break. So glad you’re not leaving us completely, but with everything going on with Joe, every one of us totally understands. And I’m glad he enjoyed the card I made him! Love your idea of the sticker chart for the challenge…think I will copycat!
    @Katmary71 – I’m definitely staying on here for the social aspect. Just not logging food on here. So far, I’m liking Healthi. It’s funny that instead of calling them “points” like WW, they call them “bites”. Cute :)
    @Cornanda – I probably need a new challenge to help with my refocus…thanks for suggesting it! I’m a few days late, but better than never, right? Yay on the interview – hope you get the job and that it’s a perfect fit!
    @LeahIsALoser – Welcome to the team! You are so right…people here are so quick to give support when I need it…and a couple have even reached out with a private message when something really bad is going on in my life. So glad you’re part of our group now! And Luna and Lawrence are too stinkin’ sweet! I have a pet rabbit – her name is Kismet. She’s an American Blue (blue-grey fur) and super soft :)
    @koda_102 – Welcome! Please share photos of the fur-babies :) And what genre of movies do you like? I’m a huge horror fan, along with some others on here…such as my P.S. below.
    And a hearty welcome to all the other newbies! So thankful to have you in our group!
    P.S. @trooworld & @Katmary71 – either of you watch the new Firestarter? Thoughts? I thought it had potential…and I think Zac Efron is definitely easy on the eyes now that he’s older…but that ending…so anti-climactic. Left Hunter and me both wanting something a bit more. And on another note, I just watched The Wolf of Snow Hollow (2021) on Amazon Prime and promptly got online and purchased a Blu-Ray for my own shelf. The main character is freaking hilarious…his name is Jim Cummings and he also wrote and directed it. I do believe it’s now my favorite werewolf movie :)
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    Hello everyone,

I'm new to the group. I'm happily married and pet mom to a little shelter dog whom we spoil daily.

MFP USER NAME: Raquelfit2
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY: Monday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT: 134 lbs
    YOUR ORIGINAL STARTING WEIGHT: 142 lbs

(My goal weight: 125 lbs by July)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 194.8
    CW: 192.4
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Welcome to all the new people - this group definitely makes a difference (as one who left for 6 months last year & is now back :D can attest)
    Just trying to keep myself accountable by reading the comments & checking the challenge boxes every day!
    Water/steps/7:30 stop eating
    1/30: Y Y Y
    2/30: Y Y :(
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Welcome to all our new members! I hope you all find this group very supportive and welcoming. :)

@Cornanda Congrats on nailing the job interview? Can you tell us what it is for? :)

@LeahIsALoser that is wonderful to have your best friend joining you as well! With that kind of support, you are for sure going to make your goals! :)

@Katmary71 The first order I did with ThreadUp, I ended up returning everything except one shirt. I did realize that they keep $2 for a restocking fee per item. Ouch! So, I took the credit that they gave me and was very careful about what I ordered next. The new tops that I got are very close to fitting, so I have them hung in the closet just waiting for me to drop a few pounds. I sure wish I could get my hair done. I had to cancel and then my hairdresser had to cancel. She is the worst at returning my calls, so I may be forced to go somewhere else. Or I’m going to have to just go grey! :#

@trooworld Girl, I am feeling your booty pain today! The last two days my workouts have had way too many squats and lunges and all with weights. I’m sitting in my office chair right now and my butt hurts! :s And yeah, I would love some instant results too but it just won’t work that way, will it? :grin: Love that one-eyed pirate! <3

Hello everyone! I had a busy day doing a bunch of housework and I extended the little walkway outside our screened-in porch because Maggie keeps running out like a bat out of hell and slings mulch everywhere. The big square pavers I bought must have weighed 40 lbs. each and on top of my workout this morning my body is beat! Joe tried to help for like two minutes but got so winded I made him go back inside. Tomorrow morning, we go for a CT scan to hopefully find out that he is cancer-free. We won’t know until Friday when we see his oncologist. We also have a urologist appointment and we have a thing at church with our kids that I’m really hoping that I can go to. I had a great start to the summer challenge yesterday and did a 16-hour fast, 40-minute weight workout and no sugar or snacks.
    Summer Challenge Today 5/24
    16 hours minimum fast 17 hours
    NO sugar/snacks No sugar, but I did have Greek yogurt with my afternoon coffee.
    Workout (5 days per week) 40-minute weight program and heavy, manual labor in the backyard.
  • tupsundus
    tupsundus Posts: 14 Member
    Hi! my name is Laura and I am new to the group. Thank you for having me! I started my (most recent) weight loss journey about the same time last year but recently I have been stuck on a plateau so this challenge could not have come at a better time.

My ultimate goal is to lose my baby weight (my twin "babies" are turning eight in a couple of months :smile: )

MFP username: tupsundus
    Chosen weigh in day: Tuesday
    Current weight: 176 lbs
    Original starting weight: 198 lbs
    Goal weight: 152 lbs (165 lbs by the end of June)
This discussion has been closed.