What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I think I'm going to be doing mostly swim and bike this week...Achilles bursitis.
  • bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    TMI: period

My period's been weird this month. Usually I get headaches the week before and milder headaches and full body fatigue during the worst days and then it's over. But this month I've had cramps. Bad cramps. For two full days. And my legs have been entirely useless.

We had to do 3 8-minute amraps (as many reps as possible) with 4 minute rests between. The first round was 150m ski and 5 pull ups (or 200m row or 500m bike), then 150m ski ("") and 10 push ups, then 150m ski ("") and 15 air squats. I scaled the pull ups down to ring rows and did push ups off a 30 inch box. During the first two 8 minutes I was fine but thought hmm so much arm work, I'm ready for some leg work. Except when the first set of air squats came around, my legs gave up. 15 air squats took a minute. And then I was so exhausted I couldn't ski at my usual pace either so my strength at the ski halved and I got almost twice as slow. So annoying.

But yeah so I did 6x150m ski and 32 ring rows, then 5x150m ski and 40 push ups off a 30 inch box, and then 4x150m ski and 45 air squats. And even then I thought I was gonna pass out during the last set. The 4 min rest between amraps were long enough, my body had re-energised. The first 150m ski of the last set was fine, at my usual pace, but the air squats destroyed me. My legs feel like jelly and my back feels like I did 450 air squats instead of 45.

Thankful that next week I have a work thing on the day our box is gonna do the Murph wod. Running is so not my thing.
  • Bodenista
    Bodenista Posts: 146 Member
    TMI: period

My period's been weird this month. Usually I get headaches the week before and milder headaches and full body fatigue during the worst days and then it's over. But this month I've had cramps. Bad cramps. For two full days. And my legs have been entirely useless.

We had to do 3 8-minute amraps (as many reps as possible) with 4 minute rests between. The first round was 150m ski and 5 pull ups (or 200m row or 500m bike), then 150m ski ("") and 10 push ups, then 150m ski ("") and 15 air squats. I scaled the pull ups down to ring rows and did push ups off a 30 inch box. During the first two 8 minutes I was fine but thought hmm so much arm work, I'm ready for some leg work. Except when the first set of air squats came around, my legs gave up. 15 air squats took a minute. And then I was so exhausted I couldn't ski at my usual pace either so my strength at the ski halved and I got almost twice as slow. So annoying.

But yeah so I did 6x150m ski and 32 ring rows, then 5x150m ski and 40 push ups off a 30 inch box, and then 4x150m ski and 45 air squats. And even then I thought I was gonna pass out during the last set. The 4 min rest between amraps were long enough, my body had re-energised. The first 150m ski of the last set was fine, at my usual pace, but the air squats destroyed me. My legs feel like jelly and my back feels like I did 450 air squats instead of 45.

Thankful that next week I have a work thing on the day our box is gonna do the Murph wod. Running is so not my thing.

Oh bless you. I'm 54 and don't have the damn periods to worry about now but I feel your pain.

You did really well considering. Take it easy, do some meditation and rub some lavender oil into your stomach.

Sending lots of 🤗🤗🤗
  • Bodenista
    An impromptu rest day for me. I just didn't have the time to do anything 😒
  • bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    Bodenista wrote: »
    You did really well considering. Take it easy, do some meditation and rub some lavender oil into your stomach.

Sending lots of 🤗🤗🤗

This comment is so sweet 🥺 thank you
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    @bojaantje3822 The struggle is real! Hang in there and rest when you need it.

The "old standby" for me today: 45 minutes on the elliptical; ~2.6 miles; HR mostly in Zone 3, with a few dips into Zone 4 (I think when I was laughing at the video I was watching :D ). Followed up with my small strength training routine. I was able to add weight to a couple of exercises, so that's good. Overall, I'm feeling tired today, so I'm happy with what I was able to do. We'll see how it sits in the body.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Rest day today. Finished mowing the lawn and kept plugging away at the big pile of mulch sitting in the driveway.
  • Bodenista
    Oh no another day of no exercise. Mostly busy but mostly no excuse either. I did so well last week. Can someone kick me a kick up the bum and tell me to get back to it - please!
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Bodenista wrote: »
    Oh no another day of no exercise. Mostly busy but mostly no excuse either. I did so well last week. Can someone kick me a kick up the bum and tell me to get back to it - please!

Why do you want to exercise? If you can answer that for yourself, then you will be able to kick your own bum into action. :)

Also, everything @AnnPT77 said. <3
  • Bodenista
    Thank you Ann and all dralicephd

I do like all the workouts that I do, it's just down to motivation some days and I don't want to ruin the work that I put in last week.

Back to it tomorrow and I really do appreciate your replies xx