"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! Early day and full schedule. First game of the Western Conference Finals in SF!!!! Go DUBS!!!!!

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Hamburger homemade. Been tracking well as of late and weight is coming off again.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Big win by the DUBS last night for game one! Game two tomorrow!

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner. Didn't want to miss the action last night!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,903 Member
    Cardio: N/A

Strength: Push D

Incline Bench Press 3x10
    Decline Bench Press 5x5
    Bench Press 3x10
    Seated DB OHP 3x10
    Lying EZ Skull-crusher 3x10

Analysis: Still playing around with the order for the incline-flat-decline bench presses. I think I like doing them in this order, as the incline presses already used the lightest weights and so make for a good warmup before the heaviest-weight decline. Had to drop the weight on the DB OHP, though whether that's just a one-off weaker day or a result of playing around with the benches, I'm not sure.

Food: Lunch - leftover Papa Murphy's pizza, Dinner - fajitas

Life events: Yesterday my son walked the stage for graduation, with steaks on the grill to celebrate for dinner. Theoretically he now can concentrate the next two weeks before turning 18 on getting his Eagle Scout project complete, the last thing standing between him and earning Eagle. I'm not holding my breath; he used to be super committed to Scouts, but the past two years his interest has fallen off a cliff. While I'd love for him to earn Eagle as I did, I'm doing my best to step back and leave it to him to do the work if he wants, or not...I don't want him to earn it just to make me happy, but rather as a personal goal. If he never earns it, he's already gotten out of the program everything his mother and I wanted for him...self reliance, greater social skills, exposure to different ways of life, humility through community service, etc.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule and end of my week! Looking forward to no work tomorrow and watching the DUBS tonight!

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Ravioli for dinner.

• nossmf
    Cardio: N/A

Strength: Pull D

Pullups 3 sets
    T-Bar Row 4x10
    Pulldown 2x10
    Chin-down 2x10
    DB Shrugs 3x10
    7-Up Curls 3 sets

Analysis: I've been thinking about @ninerbuff and his suggestion to maximize recovery at my age, along with the idea of going to a 4-day split, but not sure about splitting out shoulders or arms on their own day, and have decided the simplest process I can do is to keep my current split, but perform it 4 days/wk. So instead of doing MWF PPL, I will try out doing MTxRF, with whatever body part was done Monday will be done Friday, then the following Monday will move to the next in line. Net effect is each week one body part will be hit twice, the other two once, rotating each week which body part gets the bonus treatment. This week was Pull twice; next week will be Legs twice. Cardio will slip in Wednesday and Saturday, with Sunday off. I'll give it a bit, monitor my overall fatigue level to make sure I'm not overdoing it.

Dinner: skillet-seared pork chops with potatoes

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout and then clean up the house. Also mowing the lawn and doing some extra cardio! Game 2 win for the DUBS last night!!!!

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, hack squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: McDonald's for dinner because I didn't want to cook and try to watch the game.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox tonight. Only have to be in school for 4 days this week. What a game for the DUBS last night! 3-0 and on the brink of heading back to the FINALS after a few years.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Lamb and vegetables for dinner.

• nossmf
    edited May 2022
    Strength: Legs D

Squats 4x20
    Hack Squat / Standing Calf Raise Superset 3x10
    DB Bulgarian Split Squat 3x10
    Leg Extension 2x10
    Seated Leg Curl 2x10

Analysis: So hard waking this morning, no time for hot tub following leg day, so we'll see how stiff I am moving around later.

Meals: Lunch - hamburger & chips, Dinner - skillet soy chicken with buttered noodles
    3-0 and on the brink of heading back to the FINALS after a few years.

I thought I heard on the TV at the gym that assuming they advance, it'll be trip #6 in the last 8 years. Outrageous, and not exactly what "after a few years" means to most of us, lol.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Going for the sweep tonight in Dallas!!! GO DUBS!!!

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: General Tso beef (homemade), rice and vegetables for dinner last night.

• nossmf
    Strength: Push A

Cable Twist In/Out 2x15
    Bench Press 5x5,4,3,2,1
    Incline DB Press 3x10
    Decline Cable Fly 3x10
    Seated OHP 3x5
    Cable Pushdown 3x15

Analysis: Increased the weight on three of my lifts, still hit all my reps, a good day.

Food: Lunch - leftover chicken stir-fry, Dinner - pan-seared BBQ pork chops with baked potatoes

Life: I have been given another two trainees to get certified, but thanks to the last two trainees joining the crew rotation, I can train these new guys during day hours, M-F, rather than pulling shifts to do it.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Early day and full schedule. Well they didn't end them last night. I'm looking forward to tomorrow at home to be the Western Finals Champs!

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Super burrito for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Cardio: Elliptical (543 calories)

Analysis: Felt very weird hitting the gym for cardio only, and exiting the gym walking past the iron room without having set foot inside. But since today was cardio only, and I didn't have to save energy for lifting, I increased my time by about half.

Food: Lunch - Chick-Fil-A, Dinner - leftover homemade pizza

Life events: Today was the last day of school for my girls, so summer break is officially on in full. My youngest just finished middle school, so next year I'll have two grads and two high-schoolers. Days like today make it obvious how much time is flying by.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Dropped daughter off at school at midnight so she could take bus down with Senior class to Disneyland. Hopefully Warriors finish off the Mavs tonight and move onto the Finals.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Fresh shrimp roll for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Strength: Pull A

Pullups 3 sets
    BB Row 4x10
    DB Row 5x5
    Face Pull 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10

Analysis: Felt great, increased the weight on 3 of my 4 lifts.

Food: Lunch - steak and broccoli, Dinner - spaghetti and salad (no dressing)

Life: Finished watching the Game of Thrones series with my wife the other night, first time we saw it. Other than the very last episode, we loved it all the way through, without all the complaints the series started to receive from season 6 on. Yes, I've read the books, and understand the deviations. Doesn't stop me from enjoying the show for its own merits.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule and end of my week! Elated because the GSW are Western Conference Champs and back to the FINALS!!!!!!! DUBNATION BABY!

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Fresh shrimp roll for dinner!
  • nossmf
    Strength: Legs A

Deadlift 5x5
    BB Step-Up 3x10
    Leg Press 3x10
    Glute Press 2x10

Analysis: Woke up stiff as a board, took a little walking around to limber up, but the once I did the workout itself went well, increased weight on two lifts.

Food: Lunch - BBQ pork chops with peas, Dinner - ??? (Date Night)

Life: Gonna watch Top Gun 2 with my wife tonight. Parking lot nearly empty; guess I'm the only sucker who isn't making this a 4-day holiday weekend.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout and then clean up the house. Watched TOP GUN MAVERICK yesterday. Was good. A little predictable, but the jet scenes were awesome.

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, hack squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    edited May 2022
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox tonight. Only have to be in school for 4 days this week. Then 3 next week. Can't wait till this school year is done. Now know it's going to be the Celtics and Warriors.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Bell for dinner since I was too lazy to cook.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Back to school for 4 days this week.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Carne Asada Super Burrito for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Strength: Push B

DB Press 5x5
    Incline Bench Press 3x10
    Decline Machine Press 5x5
    Shoulder Triset - Front Raise, Side Lateral Raise, Rear Lateral Raise 3x10
    Lying DB Skullcrusher 3x10

Analysis: After a long holiday weekend of no lifting, no work, nothing more than lounging in bed, today's workout felt great.

Food: Lunch - beef stroganoff, Dinner - spicy peanut chicken and rice

Life: Also saw the new Top Gun movie with my wife, we both really enjoyed it. Apparently lots of others did, too, as it set new box office records for Memorial Day weekend.