Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Good evening,

Carnitas are best pan fried - what I have is good, but the texture is different. I bought a 1.5 piece and it
    made 5 servings give or take - one is in freezer. Salads are still yummy.

Hot day and quite toasty in my apt as I get the afternoon sun.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member
    g6ms6alalqkx.jpeg
    *** May 23 ***

Good morning Sara and everybody who stops by today~~

Jordanna - Covid and then a stomach flu? I imagine you pick these things up at work, right? Nurses are over-worked and over-exposed to everything. Glad that you are feeling better, and I hope you got a chance to get outside with Max.

I've got too much to do today and tomorrow; hoping that Wednesday will be a day of rest.
    Thursday, at long last I get to see the sports medicine doc about my foot; I hope that she sends me for PT to learn exercises to strengthen my feet and ankles.

Lana

263.8 today
  • just_a_few_lbs
    just_a_few_lbs Posts: 20 Member
    Hello, I’m Nichola and I am a serial beginner. 😔
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Nichola welcome I am guilty of beginning many things too,

Hot here, worse tomorrow.

Laundry running - so something is getting done here while I space out.

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Good morning all!

I am soooo close to loosing 40 pounds! It's been a crazy month for me. First I got covid, which was awful. And now I'm just getting over a terrible 48 hour stomach flu. It was sooo bad. But today I feel 100x better and am going to clean my house top to bottom. It's so sunny and beautiful here in BC so I'm excited to get outside at some point as well. We have a beautiful river here and so many great walking trails. I don't think my energy is quite there for the gym, but a nice walk will be perfect.

I hope you all have a great day!

SW: 221
    CW: 184

Yikes! You got hit with a lot! A nice leisurely walk sounds like it is much needed!
  • gemwolf110
    edited May 2022
    Happy Monday Y’all! ;) Had a busy but productive weekend and productive Monday. Attempted to tackle the overgrown backyard. Mower wouldn’t start 2 weeks ago and blade was bent. Finally got it back mid last week. But only got front done and a quarter of back yard done (got dark and bats come out at dark…I have a thing about bats and them potentially swooping down at me). Then it rained, then it shot up to almost 90 degrees and was too hot and worked when it would be sane to mow yard. So tonight was the night. It’s now 90% done. Just have the back corner to do when it’s light out. It’s a section that I need to see where I’m mowing. Will see what tomorrow night brings. Have book club and Zumba this week on the schedule. Also applied for a couple of jobs so will see if they will be better or worse. Hope everyone has a great week!
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2022
    wg5j2miotnd2.jpeg
    *** May 24 ***

Good morning ladies 🌺

Well, ex-dh has problems with moving company (which he created for himself), so no movers tromping through my house today. I am glad about that. It will likely be a month or more before he clears this up.
    I have developed quite a bad case of bronchitis (covid testing negative) and I think I'm going to take it easy today.

Missy - you got quite a lot done on that lawn, eh? Good for you, and good luck with the new-job search.

Hello Nichola !

Sara - keep yourself safe with that heat 🤗

Waves to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

265.4 today (candy and brownie)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Missy when you say bats you mean the rats with wings that make a horrible squeaky sound and like to aim for your head?? My lawn would never get mowed at night if that was the case..... Glad you had courage and motivation - 90% is an A in school. Keeping good job thoughts.

I am told I was granted the right to work at work - let them pay for the a/c is my thought at the moment. I hear them talking of management plans on how to rearrange the space..... we shall see what we shall see.

Lana - I am hoping you have been to dr and got medicine - neither of those illnesses are anything to play with. Take it easy. At least your exdh is consistent.

• gemwolf110
    edited May 2022
    Good evening,

Missy when you say bats you mean the rats with wings that make a horrible squeaky sound and like to aim for your head?? My lawn would never get mowed at night if that was the case..... Glad you had courage and motivation - 90% is an A in school. Keeping good job thoughts.

I am told I was granted the right to work at work - let them pay for the a/c is my thought at the moment. I hear them talking of management plans on how to rearrange the space..... we shall see what we shall see.

Lana - I am hoping you have been to dr and got medicine - neither of those illnesses are anything to play with. Take it easy. At least your exdh is consistent.

Yes those things lol. When I was 15 I had one kept trying to swoop down at my head when I was in the pool. Had to keep going underwater to dodge it. Needless to say I never went back in pool after it started getting dark. Thank you for the good thoughts 2 of the 3 applications are under review.

Good luck with the work at work. Hopefully they rearrange for the better.
  • gemwolf110
    wg5j2miotnd2.jpeg
    *** May 24 ***

Good morning ladies 🌺

Well, ex-dh has problems with moving company (which he created for himself), so no movers tromping through my house today. I am glad about that. It will likely be a month or more before he clears this up.
    I have developed quite a bad case of bronchitis (covid testing negative) and I think I'm going to take it easy today.

Missy - you got quite a lot done on that lawn, eh? Good for you, and good luck with the new-job search.

Hello Nichola !

Sara - keep yourself safe with that heat 🤗

Waves to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

265.4 today (candy and brownie)

Thank you! Hoping to find something that would be a bit more schedule friendly for when I do finally pursue that grad degree.

Hope you feel better soon! There’s so many bugs flying around that it’s not just covid. Oh and it’s allergy season as well. Good luck with the movers when they do come. Doesn’t seem like a pleasant experience. Sending hugs.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2022
    ob5ixoaeczp0.jpeg
    *** May 25 ***

Sara - You wrote "I am told I was granted the right to work at work". Is that Monster's way of saying "be glad you have a job" ?
    A few decades ago "Be glad you have a job" was what television stagehands were told by their own crusty old business agent whenever anyone dared to complain about something. Jeez.

Missy - I love bats! They go after mosquitos and other bugs. They swoop over pools to get the bugs that like to congregate over the water. It took me a while to get accustomed to them; they never have hit me in their quest for food.
    Years ago when I was working on a bomb of a production of Dracula, Mother Nature chose that time to provide one tiny little bat who slept during the day hanging upside down underneath the stage left fire escape. She was so cute. Very tiny.

I will be seeing doctor for checkup on Friday. If bronchitis cough isn't improving by then, she can tell me what to do.

Yesterday I over-did the sugar and the scale tracked that for me.

Lana

266.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

100 degrees and 7pm welcome to CA!!!! Sorry I just rolled my eyes.

I now have my former mouse attached to my new computer. I also learned how to use my wireless headphone by myself at work today. So kudos to me for learning more tech stuff.

Lana -I am glad you are feeling better and are under medical supervision.

Missy - still sending good job vibes for you.

Desk at work has 4 little penguins who are about the size of a penny. Behind them are 3 "iceberg" quartz stones (so they feel at home). I am told having these stones are supposed to be for my own good.

Have a meeting tomorrow with mgr/sup - I also put in an Intermittent Leave of Absence, so that if I have such a bad day at the office like I had last week - crying at my desk - then I am not the side show at the circus and if I need to go home I can without getting an occurance. My Dr was concerned and said she would sign any kind of shortening of a day as needed - so the paper work was sent. Have to drive defensively.

Lana - my boss never makes sense so I have no idea what she means.

Memorial Day quiz is tomorrow - I have 6 questions and a bonus question if there is a tie.

Just had my daily portion of Iced Coffee from Starbucks with digestive biscuits (International Store score). Off to watch bbc drama.

Ooops this is an essay.

• Tilliesmommy1
    1iuktz2jvgsx.png
  • gemwolf110
    Good evening,

100 degrees and 7pm welcome to CA!!!! Sorry I just rolled my eyes.

I now have my former mouse attached to my new computer. I also learned how to use my wireless headphone by myself at work today. So kudos to me for learning more tech stuff.

Lana -I am glad you are feeling better and are under medical supervision.

Missy - still sending good job vibes for you.

Desk at work has 4 little penguins who are about the size of a penny. Behind them are 3 "iceberg" quartz stones (so they feel at home). I am told having these stones are supposed to be for my own good.

Have a meeting tomorrow with mgr/sup - I also put in an Intermittent Leave of Absence, so that if I have such a bad day at the office like I had last week - crying at my desk - then I am not the side show at the circus and if I need to go home I can without getting an occurance. My Dr was concerned and said she would sign any kind of shortening of a day as needed - so the paper work was sent. Have to drive defensively.

Lana - my boss never makes sense so I have no idea what she means.

Memorial Day quiz is tomorrow - I have 6 questions and a bonus question if there is a tie.

Just had my daily portion of Iced Coffee from Starbucks with digestive biscuits (International Store score). Off to watch bbc drama.

Ooops this is an essay.

Sending hugs. Good job on learning that headset. They can be fun to learn. Always fun when your talking but no one can hear you bc you forgot to click the button to make it work. SMH But that headset is so much better than trying to use the phone handset.
  • LanaCabana537
    x68y5jbnaxhn.jpeg
    *** May 26 ***

Good morning everybody 🌼

Just getting us started - very busy day today!

*tossing beach bag and flip flops onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

262.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

It is 20 degrees cooler than yesterday with winds picking up - air is very hazy from fires and dust but it is not 100+.

Seems things on the LOA front is okay, I just need to know how to use it.

I have a 4 day weekend starting tomorrow after work and I will not see boss until the week later. Boy did I luck out. That will help my stress.

Kitchen cleaning is on my to do list this weekend. Just have to.

Find some music to dance and sing along to, it has been a long week.

• LanaCabana537
    klxsjn6zim8z.jpeg
    *** May 27 ***

Wow! The month of May is almost gone! I'm still stuck back in early April.

Sara - Have a wonderful weekend.

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for the 🌴Happy Hour🌴 later*

Lana

263.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Came home and crashed-I am that tired.

Cooler weather has helped start this weekend. We can have rain or over 100 degrees. So at least it is not scorching.

Have a to do list and I am now wondering if I should do it all on one day?? Probably not, that would be one long day.

Ready to come dancing at the Cabana club.......

• LanaCabana537
    edited May 2022
    waa5dqiyfd3q.jpg
    *** May 28 ***

Good morning everybody ☀️

At long last, we have a sunny day here. This helps my mood greatly.

Sara - trundle along with your do list, and enjoy your day. What gets done, gets done, and the rest will happen on another day..... 😁

There is a pair of cardinals just a few feet away from my kitchen window and door, making a nest in a tall bush. I hope that they are successful. My binoculars are in a handy spot to enjoy a look at her sitting there....

Waves to Missy and Tracy and Jordanna and Cruskit and Alexandra and anyone else who stops by later on.

Lana

264.6 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Got almost all of todays to do list done and yes I have until Wednesday to finish the rest. For me the most important was to get the FMLA form finished, so I went to work on the way to the grocery store and linked the images.

Took one long wonderful nap after having a nice Zoom with my father and sister. She is visiting from Germany and wont be in my area.

Tonight is more BBC binging.