Less Alcohol ~ MAY 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,516 Member
    Week 3: finished at 10 drinks. At least one less than last week. I could've lost close to a lb. of fat had I decided to forgo the drinks altogether.

Anyway, Happy Monday - start of a fresh new week - and a short one if you consider the holiday weekend coming up ......
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,545 Member
    I am Dawn.

I am drinking less to lose weight. Diet and exercise were not budging the scale for me until November 2018 when I began to drink less. Drinking derails weight loss.

I hit 19AF days for April.
    Sticking with my goal of 16-20 AF days per month for May
    Diary style.

Wednesday May 18 - 2 drinks - 3rd night in a row
    Thursday May 19 - AF - leaving to go away straight from work Friday. Not sure if I will get on the forums, but plan AF until Sunday eve.
    Friday May 20 - AF - arrived in Creston, photos to come : u- )
    Saturday May 21 - AF - Like Friday, I wanted to have lots of energy for the following day : - ) Had such an amazing time.
    Sunday May 22 - 2 drinks. Arrived back home at night. Planned AF for Monday for sure.

Rolling total: 12AF out of 22 days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @lmlmrn

Can't wait to hear about the pulls that you choose, and hopefully see some photos : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited May 2022
    I haven't had a chance to look at all my photos yet. I am planting all of this week after work : - )

So this is the drive down toward Creston, I took these on Friday just past 3pm.

@globalhiker This is your only route up. This lake, Moyie Lake, begins about 20 minutes after the border crossing at Eastport. You will pass through Yahk 10 minutes before that lol. Not a whole lot else before Cranbrook past Yahk, 1 gas station, one pub. A few very good pullouts.

ec1gqj3uw3ix.png

ism64xwwxnbm.png

And this is what I have planned for this week until Sunday. Peppers will have to wait until then, and onion sets go around them. The other stuff that has been hardening off on my porch can start to slowly go in. Lots of digging and soil enhancement in each spot. I got 6 things in today.

r7ldqek67c0t.png

I will look at my Blossom Festival photos with coffee in the morning : - )

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    May accountability: 5 days AF
    Alcohol: 17 days (32 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

5/1 - AF
    5/2 - 2 wine
    5/3 - 1 wine
    5/4 - AF
    5/5 - 2 wine
    5/6 - 1.5 wine
    5/7 - 2 wine
    5/8 - 1 wine
    5/9 - 1.5 wine
    5/10 - 2 wine
    5/11 - 2 wine
    5/12 - 2 wine
    5/13 - 2 wine
    5/14 - 2 wine
    5/15 - 4 drinks 2 wine + 2 bourbon & Diet Coke
    5/16 - AF @ 📚
    5/17 - 2 wine then switched to TopoChico
    5/18 - Margarita @ 📚
    5/19 - 2 wine
    5/20 - 2 wine
    5/21 - 3 wine
    5/22 - AF
    5/23 - AF

Sunday night I showed solidarity with my pregnant daughter since the guys were drinking scotch which doesn't interest me ... I volunteered to be the designated driver.

This evening my option was bourbon & Diet Coke which I passed on since I really don't think it goes well with eggplant parmesan. There is no wine in the house and neither DH or I bought it when we went to the grocery store this afternoon.

This next weekend will be a challenge. Heading to visit my mom and check on our camp for a long weekend with my sister. DH plans to stay home. She is already planning all the drinks she wants to bring ... I'm planning turkey & Swiss with buffalo cream cheese on sun-dried tomato flour tortilla ... pinwheels for snacks and salads for lunch. I think we are on opposite ends with our "what groceries to bring".
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Other than a party on Saturday night, I stuck to one glass of wine. Taking micro sips helps me not have that half a glass more!

Hope everyone has a good week.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 782 Member
    Oh my I realized I missed posting and responding eek!!!

Good news, I reached out and actually reached a plumber when knew back 6-7 years ago?? Thought he had moved back to the eastern part of the state. Well he had but now is back in my neck of the woods. he came over today to talk about our bathroom redo's. I love this man. He is going to take me to the contractor showroom (haha) to get fixtures and the blah blah stuff. Then just give him a few days notice when the demo (thats me) gets done and he will be there to put the bathrooms back together. And he will put the kitchen sink in as well as run the water line to where the refrig will sit. If all goes well we may have 90% of the remodel done by fall. The I can do the touch up on the wall over the winter early spring months.

As soon as I have some pictures I will share. Pinky shake.

Good news we went out for lunch/dinner both Sat and Sun and I kept to my 2 beers. Now with the remodel moving forward and will have a home equity payment at some point...we decided on weekends we could only have one outing, instead of 2-4.

Hugs everyone
    Monday - AF
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    @lmlmrn that’s great news about your reno! Woo hoo!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I am Dawn.

I am drinking less to lose weight. Diet and exercise were not budging the scale for me until November 2018 when I began to drink less. Drinking derails weight loss.

Diary style.

Thursday May 19 - AF - leaving to go away straight from work Friday. Not sure if I will get on the forums, but plan AF until Sunday eve.
    Friday May 20 - AF - arrived in Creston, photos to come : - )
    Saturday May 21 - AF - Like Friday, I wanted to have lots of energy for the following day : - ) Had such an amazing time.
    Sunday May 22 - 2 drinks. Arrived back home at night. Planned AF for Monday for sure.
    Monday May 23 - AF - I felt like having a couple of drinks after finishing digging and stuff, but...my weight and this forum keeping me accountable. I should come up with a plan for drinks days, I find that helps me to resist if I know that I have that day coming up. Meanwhile, best to get to at least my 16.

Rolling total: 13AF out of 23 days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @Lilylady3k
    So upsetting about these elementary school shootings. Innocent children and teachers. So distressing and sad. Up 50%.
    People must be scared to send their kids to school.
    So awful.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I am Dawn.

Diary style.

Monday May 23 - AF - I felt like having a couple of drinks after finishing digging and stuff, but...my weight and this forum keeping me accountable. I should come up with a plan for drinks days, I find that helps me to resist if I know that I have that day coming up. Meanwhile, best to get to at least my 16.
    Tuesday May 24 - AF - Despite watching an NHL playoff game. Lots of playoffs yet to go, so getting out of the habit of having drinks while watching feels like a win.

Rolling total: 14AF out of 24 days.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,516 Member
    @MissMay, you are my inspiration!

@dawnbgethealthy, when I arrive over there, will bring the sunshine with me.....

@lmlmrn, I look forward to seeing your post-remodel photos. I love home improvement! So much easier than self-improvement, isn't it??

Goal for today is AF and calorie restriction 24 hrs. Easy-peasy since I have a fridge loaded with cut up watermelon......and NO snacks or wine in the house....!

• dawnbgethealthy
    edited May 2022
    @dawnbgethealthy would you recommend the 100 days of weighing in group? Did it help somewhat with sticking to AF days? Seems to me it would help keep one's awareness to really manage consumption (food and drink both).
    Your pictures are magical and glad to hear there's been rain and snow (fewer fires hopefully).

Yes, it is a very supportive group. I am on a monthly one also. I used to do the 10 days one, but it took me too long each morning so I gave that up. 100 days really does give a nice picture.

It will be sunny here for sure when you arrive. Cranbrook is said to be the sunniest place in Canada (or in BC?)
    Kimberley might be cloudy, but it is way up a mountain. It will be beautiful nevertheless.

So excited! 2 weeks from today : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I am Dawn.

Diary style.

Tuesday May 24 - AF - Despite watching an NHL playoff game. Lots of playoffs yet to go, so getting out of the habit of having drinks while watching feels like a win.
    Wednesday May 25 - 2 drinks. Happy productive day. I enjoyed my couple of drinks. Planned AF for Thursday, not so sure about Friday and Saturday yet. I do plan to get my 16AF or more.

Rolling total: 14AF out of 25 days.