Turning phone sideways to see macro breakdown

karenewhitaker
karenewhitaker Posts: 1 Member
Until yesterday, I was able to turn my android phone sideways while on my diary and see the breakdown of my macros. Today it is just showing my diary sideways. Any ideas on how this happened and how to fix it?

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,121 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Hi all! I can report that this is a bug, and not a purposeful removal of a feature. Our team is aware and have a bug ticket open at this time.

Answers

• anonie210
    anonie210 Posts: 4 Member
    Same here. And I have not made any changes to MFP settings.
  • RaphaBianchi
    RaphaBianchi Posts: 51 Member
    edited May 2022
    Same for me. If this is a cynical attempt to make us buy premium then I'm afraid it's backfired as I'll have to start using another app. Without the macro breakdown this is useless to me.
  • mike_langlois
    mike_langlois Posts: 26 Member
    edited May 2022
    Came to see if it was just me. Very annoying as it was handy to see nutrition per meal rather than just at a daily level. it still shows on the website but thats not ideal.

Interesting this question has been marked as "Answered" but it hasnt?
  • ldaltonbishop
    ldaltonbishop Posts: 95 Member
    Same for me, but at the bottom of my diary I can click on "Nutrition" and see the macro breakdown in detail, that is, more detail than just the diary shows.
  • mike_langlois
    Same for me, but at the bottom of my diary I can click on "Nutrition" and see the macro breakdown in detail, that is, more detail than just the diary shows.

But that shows you your macros total for the day/week. Turning sideways used to be helpful to see those values per meal per day
  • jamiesokd
    jamiesokd Posts: 99 Member
    This is exactly what I came here to ask!! Any solution? I've been using this app for 8 years, and if that feature is gone I'll have to find another app to use.
  • jamiesokd
    jamiesokd Posts: 99 Member
    I'm on Android and for the last 8 years if I turned my phone sideways while in diary, I would see a macro breakdown by item and meal. This feature was essential for planning out my food for the day. Where did it go??

Yes, I can see a percentage value, but seeing a percentage and trying to adjust it randomly to meet daily macros is impossible! I need to be able to see the item macros - otherwise I'm tracking blind.
    I've been here 8 years. If that feature is gone, I'm going to have to find another app.
  • ldaltonbishop
    ldaltonbishop Posts: 95 Member

But that shows you your macros total for the day/week. Turning sideways used to be helpful to see those values per meal per day

I apologize! I posted without looking, and you are correct. I also lament the loss.
  • ksittig
    ksittig Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2022
    Same for me. LOVED being able to see macros breakdown by meal. It all messed up after an update earlier this week.
  • mike_langlois
    Anyone heard anything why this happened? Did they ruin the app to sell it as a premium feature?
  • mike_langlois
    Asking @Betty and @Cheesy567 as they seem to mod this forum. Any help?
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    I don’t know, I don’t work for MFP, just answer questions for newbies if I can help out. Hope you find an answer, the dashboard seemed to make a lot of random changes
  • Cheesy567
    Used to be able to go to diary, then to the nutrition tables, then click on the macro there to see the breakdown for the day. Clicking on macros there brought up each by meal (fats by meal, sodium by meal, etc). I don’t know if that still works or not. It isn’t the same not as convenient as the landscape view.

You might write to the tech support team and ask for the feature back, maybe if they hear enough people they’ll restore it. Who knows.
  • Cheesy567
    @mike_langlois I just checked on my iPhone and the landscape feature is still there, but glitchy. Sometimes it didn’t work and I had to tilt it again, sometimes there was a delay of up to 30 seconds to load.

What platform are you on? Maybe open a ticket with tech support and see if it’s a coding issue with the new banner at the bottom blocking the landscape view on your device’s OS or something. Doesn’t seem to be something that was meant to be taken away.
  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,812 MFP Staff
    Asking @Betty and @Cheesy567 as they seem to mod this forum. Any help?

Hi @mike_langlois The landscape mode for the diary on Android not working correctly is a known issue and the team is working on it.

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032274332-Known-Issues-Android-App
  • shoeshine2
    shoeshine2 Posts: 2 Member
    durden wrote: »
    Hi all! I can report that this is a bug, and not a purposeful removal of a feature. Our team is aware and have a bug ticket open at this time.

It is now three months later and several updates and still the same "bug". Is it really a bug or a removal of a feature?
  • ceemax55
    ceemax55 Posts: 3 Member
    I have the same issue. I've also noticed that that feature has a lock next to it in my settings! If this is a glitch why does the lock appear? 🔐
    I have been using this app, like many others, for numerous years. I, too will need to find another app if this is not fixed. And, I'm really hoping that this is not a ploy to force the purchase of premium. I appreciate the notification about the change coming for the scanner.
  • ceemax55
    ceemax55 Posts: 3 Member
    I posted on Aug 30, 2022 that I was not able to use the turn sideways feature to see my macro use and remaining. I was not a happy camper about it!

Today, I AM EXCITED TO REPORT...IT'S BACK!!! I don't know when it was fixed but very happy that it has been.

Want to say...THANK YOU TO THE myfitnesspal TECH TEAM for showing up for us! Much appreciate you!
This discussion has been closed.