WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    After work had to go to WalMart to get Vince milk. Since I was there anyway, I got a few other things.

Tracey – oh no! I’m so very sorry (((HUG)))

Kim – I have every intention of asking Denise if she would like for me to cook and what if she has it bought. Maybe she has something else planned. The reason we’re staying an extra day is because Pete will just be getting off 10 days. This way we can at least see him.

Flying: Jess gets very agitated when she flies. As a matter of fact, she has to take an anti-anxiety pill. But we know the reason. She likes to be in control and she isn’t the one flying the plane. Same reason she has to have a manual for her car, even tho she used to drive the beltway every day. A manual gives you more control. Well, really, that’s not a big thing at all.

Pip – happiest of birthdays

Lisa – I’m sure you know that it is a proven fact that having a cat purring on your lap reduces your bp

Michele NC
    who is leaving for bowling right now
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Pip happy birthday!
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Tracey, {{{HUGS}}} for both you and Kaitlynn
    Evelyn
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Today is my mammogram at the on base clinic. Should be interesting! Most procedures were done at places with a technician that has been doing it for years. Not sure how I feel having some young corpsman doing it! Also I might freak them out because I have underarm hair. I'll be damned, if I am gonna shave it, because they're uncomfortable about it. I have noticed it doesn't really grow anymore, its just a nice wispy thing, and I do not have any underarm odor. I rarely use deodorant. I find that interesting. So there's that little tmi of info for you. Lol!
    Have a good day ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Why would someone be uncomfortable about underarm hair???

As for deodorant, the recommendation is: "You should also avoid using deodorant, talcum powder or creams before your breast screen appointment, as these can show up on your x-ray."
    https://www.breastscreen.nsw.gov.au/your-mammogram-appointment/your-mammogram-appointment-faqs#:~:text=You should wear a two,up on your x-ray.

All the best!

M in Oz

I had visions of a technician pressing on my skin in the machines, and pulling it! But no, this gal was great, and we had a nice chat. Nope didn't wear any deodorant or body oil👍. I rarely wear deodorant to be honest.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    (((Tracey and Kaitlyn))🙏
  • Whidislander
    kevrit wrote: »
    Previous
    Today is my mammogram at the on base clinic. Should be interesting! Most procedures were done at places with a technician that has been doing it for years. Not sure how I feel having some young corpsman doing it! Also I might freak them out because I have underarm hair. I'll be damned, if I am gonna shave it, because they're uncomfortable about it. I have noticed it doesn't really grow anymore, its just a nice wispy thing, and I do not have any underarm odor. I rarely use deodorant. I find that interesting. So there's that little tmi of info for you. Lol!
    Have a good day ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

As for deodorant, the recommendation is: "You should also avoid using deodorant, talcum powder or creams before your breast screen appointment, as these can show up on your x-ray."
    https://www.breastscreen.nsw.gov.au/your-mammogram-appointment/your-mammogram-appointment-faqs#:~:text=You should wear a two,up on your x-ray.

All the best!

M in Oz

Had to laugh at this. When I started shaving my legs, I was 12 and saw mom shaving under her arms so figured I needed to do that too. Fast forward 50 years… I decided to stop shaving under my arms since I’m living in an rv and wouldn’t you know I don’t have any hair in my armpits! All those years wasted shaving when I didn’t have too! Lol🤪😆🤪

RvRita

I think in WA I'm ok with showing my underarm hair, in CA I might get a stare or two. Since I stopping shaving I do notice its wispy, and I showed husband one day, and Lord and Behold he didn't freak.🙃😂. Now my sister was appalled at it last summer. I was explaining how it felt marvelous walking in shorts, the wind thru my leg hair...... She stopped me and said "what"? Lol! This summer will probably be the same but I won't shave just because she's uncomfortable about it.
    Rebecca
    WA
    My razors are just to shave above my lip every so often!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,195 Member
    Working on my blurb most of the day. Three people have looked at it, including DH. Getting close.

I left half my dinner to keep for tomorrow lunch and forgot to turn the stove burner off. It's nicely caramelised, but I might still eat it!

Love Rita's story! :p

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Tracey- im so sorry to hear about your daughter ,I hope and pray she is able to conceive again.. i was a miracle baby.. my mother had a miscarriage before be a brother who passed a few hours after birth and a few miscarriages after me. And then adopted my brother..
    Will be praying for her and for all the families in texas.
    Tracy took me to Panera for lunch we had a nice time...
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Tracey--I am so sorry for your and DD's loss. Been there and it is not easy. Sending prayers and hugs.

RVRita--How funny!! :D

On the subject of shaving. I don't shave very often anymore. Don't think I have much under my arms anymore. I think I only shave my legs a couple times a year. Sure beats every week or more.

Another raining day in the 50's. Need the moisture.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2022
    I am dragging my feet about going to the grocery store. DH plans to send me on my own. I am tired. My plan at the moment is to procrastinate. :noway: Probably not a good strategy. :grumble:

Pip—HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :smiley:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,522 Member
    Bday stats for the day-

birthday walk w/family- 1hr 56min 3sec, 53elev, 89ahr, 111mhr, 6.09mi= 545c
    Strava app = 694c
    Walk home to gym- 11.08min, .53mi= 49c
    Strava app = 61c
    Stairclimber- 21min, 126ahr, 153mhr, lvl5-8, 1115steps, 70fl= 196c
    Lateral machine- 17.10min, lvl5, 57arpm, 129ahr, 165mhr, 9laps, 2.01mi= 185c
    Walk gym to store then home- 16.55min, .76mi= 95c
    Strava app = 87c

Total cal 1070
  • Whidislander
    kevrit wrote: »
    Previous
    Have a good day ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

All the best!

M in Oz

Had to laugh at this. When I started shaving my legs, I was 12 and saw mom shaving under her arms so figured I needed to do that too. Fast forward 50 years… I decided to stop shaving under my arms since I’m living in an rv and wouldn’t you know I don’t have any hair in my armpits! All those years wasted shaving when I didn’t have too! Lol🤪😆🤪

RvRita

One of the perks? of chemo, radiation, and the drugs I am on: no underarm hair, very little leg and arm hair. Downside: barely any eyebrows or eyelashes, slow growing hair on my head (but, hey, it is growing). But I still have chin hairs. Go figure. So I've given up some shaving for another. Bleh.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

Oh those blasted chin hairs! I swear mine are black plastic!💖
    Rebecca
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Happy Birthday Pip!

Tracy - So sorry for DD's loss.

Lisa - Agree with you about the cats but I have a large jealous Labradoodle who thinks she is a lap dog. She gets her front end up on my lap when she can and will push the cats off to do it.

Rita - Your story was hilarious!

Cloudy day here with sunbreaks. I have hamburger stew in the crockpot for tonight. We are starting in-person choir practice tonight and I am happy about that. All will wear masks and space out. We will sing from the pews nearest the piano and both doors at the front of the church will be kept open.

In the meantime I hope to utilize a sunbreak or two to get some yardwork done. Carrots and potatoes are up and tomatoes have just started to bloom. I will need to buy some new marigolds as the slugs have gotten to the ones I planted and eaten them completely.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Whidislander
    Happy Birthday Pip! Don't get yourself down about the past. You are the best thing Kirby has ever got, don't you forget it.💖👍. Trips are just things, bones are just bones, and and that alien baby was one for the record books, but those things have no bearing on you and Kirby as a couple.

Whether the weather be fine,
    Or whether the weather be not,
    Whether the weather be cold,
    Or whether the weather be hot.
    We'll weather the weather,
    Whatever the weather,
    Whether we like it or not!

Hugs friend!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Well, I now have the dubious distinction of being able to say that I have the highest handicap in our league.

My mother had 2 miscarriages before she had me. My father said it was always in the third month. I’m convinced that my mother was Rh-. Most people are Rh+ but I’m – and that’s why I survived.

RVRita – funny!

Flea – great spin on things!

Looks like we’re going to the local baseball team’s game tonight. I think Steve will like it. If it rained, I was going to suggest we go out to dinner. But it looks like it’s just going to be cloudy. We’ll probably need to leave in a few. Have my food all ready to take since I’m not at all crazy about the food at the park (hot dogs and hamburgers...ych)

Michele NC