Share your Numbers

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I keep gaining and losing the same 20 pounds!
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 474 Member
    No progress this week.

Height: 167cm - 5'6''
    SW: 177.8 kg - 392 lb - 64.5 ΒΜΙ (May 2020)
    GW: 74.4 kg - 164 lb - 27 ΒΜΙ

LW: 78.1 kg - 172.2 lb - 28.3 ΒΜΙ
    CW: 78.0 kg - 172.0 lb - 28.3 ΒΜΙ
    Variance: -0.1 kg / -0.2 lb / -0.13% TBW

OL: 99.8 kg - 220.0 lb - 36.2 BMI - 56.1% TBW in 765 days

Weight class projections:
    Obese class II: Reached - 21.05.2021 - 401 days.
    Obese class I: Reached - 25.09.2021 - 526 days.
    Overweight: Reached - 19.03.2022 - 704 days.
    Goal (74.4kg): 3.6 kg - 7.9 lb - 28 days.

Given the circumstances (eating out with family 5 times this week), things could have gone a lot worse. Reached that 220lb lost milestone, but still no cigar on the 100kg.

Next week? We'll have to see about that..:p
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,546 Member
    Despite it not feeling like "progress" you do weigh less than last week. So I'm sending kudos to you on that! And eating on a week that you ate out 5 times no less! Pretty fine mine field maneuvering, Dante!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    Thank you Laurie for confirming. Because I was re-looking through @Dante_80s post... because I thought the same (that I saw that he weighed less than last week) and I was trying to figure out why he was saying no progress!!!!! S'up with that duck? Awesome job on the restaurant management!
  • lauriekallis
    *even

that was supposed to say "even on a week that you ate" not "eating on a week" - too much eating there!
  • Dante_80
    Thanks for the kind words guys! Not really complaining to be sure, especially after the food splurging of the last week...and what is coming up next.

My uncle and aunt are here, together with 2 of my cousins (and 6 of their kids). My uncle has a Greek restaurant up in Seattle, so we are going out to eat almost every day - half-jokingly saying it's strictly for research purposes (get new recipes and ideas for the restaurant etc).

I've got a myriad of extraordinary eating places to show them, and they are going to be here until July.

God have mercy on our souls.
  • PAV8888
    Don't **kitten** this up! Uncle and all that is more than OK. But NOT if it ends up an issue. So far so good. But... tread carefully!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,751 Member
    Navigating restaurant food is really difficult! And to try to control things until July! My small week long vacation pales in comparison.
    I found it helpful to be very conscious of what I ordered keeping things small. Maybe appetizer instead of full meal on days when several meals were restaurant. Sometimes it was two meals instead of three - no snacks. Other times I simple begged off going out so I could get alone time. And of course constant planning and budgeting.
    I don’t envy the challenge Dante but try to defend and protect your weight loss. Make no compromises just to please family. They’ll go home eventually and you don’t need to deal with re-losing those hard fought pounds!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,583 Member
    edited May 2022
    Yep, I echo the others. Be careful not to slide, because a slide once started can be almost impossible to arrest. I know that from bitter, bitter experience. So many times I’ve freefallen all the way back to my starting point, and slammed into bedrock in a crumpled heap. The scenario you sketch out between now and July would fill me with foreboding. You’ll need all your tools and wits about you to navigate this safely...check in here OFTEN so that we can help you to shore up your resolve...

I’d enlist every friend and family member I could to share the task of restaurant-visiting, so that your participation is limited to maybe one meal per week....
  • Yoolypr
    edited May 2022
    I hadn’t seen family in 2 1/2 years so there was much ooohing and aaahing and compliments on my 100 lb. weight loss. So I thanked them all and asked that they allow me to eat whatever I deemed necessary to control my weight.

I told them all to please respect my wishes - no demands for “try this” or “I made this for you” or “this is the best ....”

Any such requests were met with a NO and side-eye look. I declined the offers gently sometimes with humor but never giving into pleading. Only took once or twice before I was left in peace. I do me and you do you.

And we’re talking about both sides of very ethnic families. Italians, Poles, and Germans!
  • PAV8888
    My usual is to modify the food the way I want it, which of course runs counter to getting the complete gourmet experience.

Today I had dry toast, eggs, chorizo all three as side orders. Still 1150 Cal with the jam package, but less than anyone else at the table.

If you don't want to special order, you can control the before and after and activity. I've certainly done the more active, one restaurant main meal a day thing for a couple of weeks. Not a couple of months though 🙀

Once you hit consecutive days and more than one meal out you have to realize that the pattern is no longer one where you're having an exceptional meal that doesn't count in the big scheme. This has now become your regular eating pattern and the consequences will follow unless you modify either the ordering or amount eaten or *something* to compensate and mitigate as appropriate.

1 or 2 days don't matter. But 12 do! 😘

But Dante has so far managed to not just exceed but blow past expectations. So I am confident! 😎
  • Dante_80
    edited May 2022
    Many many thanks for the advice and words of caution guys!

I'm not finding this too challenging (so far - I know, famous last words), my strategy is a combination of sampling everything in small amounts, portion control and off-setting calories from my other daily meals when needed.

It seems to work pretty well so far, and it also helps that I don't have any pressure from my family (who are actually also trying to eat less, after they have seen me get 100kg lighter).

Onwards!
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Height: 5'9 / Age: 39

Highest Weight (May 22 2019): 276.8 lbs
    Started MFP for the 3rd time Oct 27 2021
    Oct 31 2021 Weight 258.6 lbs
    Apr 30 2022 Weight 214.8 lbs

LW 5/19 211.4 lbs
    CW 5/23 211.0 lbs
    Loss 0.4 pounds

Loss from 10/31/21 = 47.6 lbs
    Loss from 5/22/19 = 65.8 lbs

Overweight BMI (203 lbs) lose 8.0 lbs
    Healthy BMI (169 lbs) lose 42.0 lbs
    Goal (145 lbs) lose 66.0 lbs
  • lauriekallis
    Onwards, Dante! I love it!

You, too, are so consistent, ABD.

I'm so impressed by you both. Great work.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Height: 5'9 / Age: 39

Highest Weight (May 22 2019): 276.8 lbs
    Started MFP for the 3rd time Oct 27 2021
    Oct 31 2021 Weight 258.6 lbs
    Apr 30 2022 Weight 214.8 lbs

LW 5/23 211.0 lbs
    CW 5/25 210.8 lbs
    Loss 0.2 pounds

Loss from 10/31/21 = 47.8 lbs
    Loss from 5/22/19 = 66 lbs

Overweight BMI (203 lbs) lose 7.8 lbs
    Healthy BMI (169 lbs) lose 41.8 lbs
    Goal (145 lbs) lose 65.8 lbs
  • Yoolypr
    I’m not making much progress on losing the last 25 lbs. But in looking back over my stats, I see I am exactly the same weight as last year. Woohoo 🙌.

I haven’t regained any lost weight for over a year which for me is a miracle. Every time I have lost weight before I have quickly regained it and more. The maintenance hasn’t been effortless. But I’ve celebrated holidays, birthdays, vacations and gone out to eat without losing focus. Also, I’ve been unable to be as active as I was initially

I am cautiously starting to believe that I will (at worst) be able to stay where I am.
  • lauriekallis
    Congratuations, Yooly! That is simply astounding.
  • Yoolypr
    Believe me, no one is more astounded than me! I now have met people who have no idea I was ever 100 lbs heavier.
    I am still working on having my brain accept that this is me now. Who am I? Once I get that worked out, I think I’ll be ready to lose more.
  • lauriekallis
    That makes a lot of sense. Lead the way. Please! :)
  • PAV8888
    Who are you?