• FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    edited May 2022
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. FushiaKat
    Weigh in day. Tuesday
    PW. 156.6
    CW. 155.4 😁

Life has been very busy for me. I was having a really bad flare due to that Esophageal Manometry test. It freaked me out. Things are calming down, but I still get overwhelmed easily, I've been reading all the posts and I'm doing due diligence as far as tracking my calories and planning my meals each morning. I don't really feel like I need another challenge to keep me on track. I track my calories, steps, sleep and water each day. And I'm managing to get rid of one unused item per day. My friend said she's coming to visit next month and there's no way I can get ready for her but I will do the best I can. I need to get new sheets and pillows for the sleeper sofa and maybe a new blanket and quilt for it. I should actually pull it out and look at it too. To relax I have been reading every night.

I'm sorry I cannot mention each one of you and comment on your progress, it just takes me forever to do that.

A big welcome to the new people, I'm sure you will love it here.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    @trooworld Coming home starving is always hard, glad you're moving past it and slaying it today!

@RaquelFit2 Welcome to Slimpossibles!

@micaroo4 I hope your plantar fascitis resolves fast for you, how frustrating.

@vegan5lyfe2012 I did watch Firestarter, I should have guessed you did too! I felt the same about the ending, I rewound it thinking I'd missed something but I hadn't. I wrote down The Wold of Snow Hollow, thanks for the recommendation!

@TeresaW1020 Holy cow sounds like you got a lot of exercise! I hope the CT scan goes well tomorrow as well as the urology appointment.

@tupsundus Hi Laura! Glad you're part of our team now, hope this is just what you need to get out of the plateau (super frustrating I know!)

@FushiaKat I'm so glad your flare is calming down, it sounds like you're doing awesome with your goals.

Hi everyone! Had a long day, I worked out then went and got my hair done and met my Dad for a late lunch then came home and gardened. It's 98 degrees and will be 100 tomorrow so my watering is cut out for me! I did my earth energy meditation (not as easy with letting the lawn die since I don't really want to sit in dirt to do it) and have one more round of stretches and my tea to finish and I'm on track for the day. Tomorrow's watering at the food bank farm then tomorrow night's my thrash concert in Sacramento, send me some good vibes that I survive and make it home by myself! Have a great Wednesday!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @trooworld - Dang those chips and salsa! Unfortunately your soreness is your instant exercise result lol. Keep at it, and you will get results. Daisy is just the cutest little pirate! Are her eye problems better? She looks so happy!

@micaroo4 - I'm always in awe of your daily exercise plans. Good luck with the plantar faciitis.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - glad to see you on here. Glad Healthi is going well- "bites" that's funny.

@RaquelFit2 - Welcome!

@gwamajtw91 - I like your symbols for how you are doing with the challenge. simple and cute. I may have to borrow them. I can't do the fancy ones that some people use.

Be back later. Time to walk with hubby.

Lisa

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,781 Member
    @micaroo4 Yes, it's nice, isn't it? I've had plantar fasciitis, it's the worst! I hope yours goes away quickly.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you! She's our baby. :D I haven't watched the new Firestarter, I want to watch it though. What network is it on? I'll have to check out the Wolf of Snow Hollow, I hadn't heard of that before. Thanks for the recommendation! Congrats on the loss. How are you feeling?

@RaquelFit2 Welcome to the team! I'm a rescue dog mom, I love animals! Feel free to post a pic of your baby. :D

@TeresaW1020 LOL right? It hurts to get up from my office chair, it hurts to bend over, lol what did I do to myself? :D No, unfortunately, it doesn't work instantly. Darn it. It sounds like you did a lot of work yesterday. I hope you are able to enjoy your patio though. Great job on your summer challenge goals! I am thinking about you and Joe. <3

@tupsundus Welcome to the team! Let us know if there is anything specific you are having a challenge with, maybe someone can offer some advice.

@FushiaKat Congrats on the loss, yeah! I'm sorry about the flare. No need to participate in the challenge, it's not a requirement, just there for those that need/want it.

@Katmary71 Thank you! Wow, that's hot, it's been cool down here. I hope you enjoy the thrash concert. Who is playing? Thinking about you.

@Cornanda Yeah, I know better than to dip my hands into that bag of chips. LOL at least I got SOME instant results, right? ;) Daisy is having another eye surgery tomorrow to take care of the problem (hopefully). Thanks for asking, she is the happiest girl! I hope you enjoyed your walk with hubby.

Hi all. Rest day yesterday through possibly tomorrow. Not much happening here. Have a good day!

30-Days to Summer Challenge (May 21-June 21) commitments for yesterday:
    Work out at least once a week -
    Drink at least 60 oz of water each day - X
    Log at least 2 meals each day - X

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Morning MS... You have another new member joining your amazing team ...Please welcome @hmilby11 :)
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    @Katmary71, @Cornanda & @trooworld Thanks for the warm welcome!❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi MS...Another new member heading your way .. Please welcome @rosemake :)
  • rosemake
    rosemake Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks happy to be here on team Mission Slimpossible
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,935 Member
    @hmilby11, @rosemake WELCOME!
  • Cornanda
    edited May 2022
    Dang, I had half a post typed and my computer quit on me.... starting over.

@trooworld - I hope Daisy does well with her surgery.

@TeresaW1020 - I'm an RN and I do medical billing work. I've been self employed for 13 years, now there's hardly any work- that started with Covid, no surprise there- not sure if it will rebound or not, and I've been waiting 2 years now. The job is similar work with a hospital- working on their billing. It's full time and I have not worked full time since 1999. That will be a big change. You did a lot of work around the house with moving those heavy stones. I hope everything goes well at the doctor for Joe. You both need some good news! Hooray for you starting strong on the challenge!

@tupsundus - Welcome. If you need help with your plateau, let us know.... (hee hee, that sounds like Dr Suess)

I think I missed some welcomes- so Welcome to all the new members!

@FushiaKat - Hope the manometry test came out fine or gave you some helpful info since it caused that flare. You are absolutely killing it- putting losses up every week! Do your best getting ready for your friend and try not to stress about it. Easier said than done. Did you get your new microwave?!

@Katmary71 - maybe you need one tiny patch of grass you can sit on for your meditation. Not much to water. I hope you had a great time at the concert!

Well, I did not kick off my challenge nicely yesterday. I didn't meet either goal. I believe I will today though- Exercise= done, Food= good, but I am going out to dinner with a friend.

I was offered the job today! :) Didn't make up my mind yet.

I spent the afternoon in my closet sprucing it up and trying on some "too small" things I had put away in the garage. I was a bit disappointed that most of the tops did not look nice yet. I have too much belly fat. Of course that's the last place any weight comes off for me. So, why does being disappointed about that want to make me order french fries tonight? I mean, how will that help? My brain can be really mean to me sometimes. I will look on it as encouragement to get back on my plan and make some progress. Tomorrow I'm going to try on the pants and I think that will go better.

Lisa
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    gwamajtw91 wrote: »
    Welcome to all the new people - this group definitely makes a difference (as one who left for 6 months last year & is now back :D can attest)
    Just trying to keep myself accountable by reading the comments & checking the challenge boxes every day!
    Water/steps/7:30 stop eating
    1/30: Y Y Y
    2/30: Y Y :(

3/30: YYY
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    edited May 2022
    @leahlsaloser welcome! What beautiful fur babies you have!

@TeresaW1020 I will definitely have to make up those taco sliders., I have never heard of Hawaiian rolls though, I will have to look around for those. I am sure thinking about you two as you go for Joe’s CT scan tomorrow! And good for you on the great work on the summer challenge!!

@kods_102 welcome! Wow! You have done really well so far, good for you!

@Cornanda I am so excited that you’re job interview went so well, congratulations! I love your goals for the new challenge, I know you will really enjoy getting back on track! Our brains definitely play mean tricks on us at times, you talking about french fries made me want to order some fries even though I had just finished supper🤣. Soon you will be fitting into all the “too small” clothes that you have not been able to get into! Will I jinx you if I ask if you heard back from that job interview?

@Frutoschysalis welcome! LOL sounds like you had a very lovely surprise in your uterus🤣. So excited you have joined the team!

@chdh4ever welcome aboard you will get lots of motivation and support here!

@katmary How was the concert? Oh my goodness, I can’t believe your weather! I think we are at about 65°🤣

@trooworld you are becoming a workout queen, good for you! I love that feeling of sore muscles from squats and lunges, it can just leave going to the washroom a bit challenging🤣. That Mexican fiesta tortilla chips and salsa… Super Yum! Pirate pug is too cute for words, look at that face🥰🥰🥰

@micaroo4 what great goals for the challenge! So sorry that you are having problems with your feet, especially with all the activity you do! Hopefully that will get straightened out soon.

@Vegan4lyfe2012 I have never watched a werewolf movie, maybe I should give it a try lol. Congratulations on the loss!

@raquelFit2 welcome aboard! I am right there with you, I believe our furbabies should definitely be spoiled on a daily basis🥰

@tupsundus welcome to the team! I had twins as well, double the pleasure, double the fun, double the exhaustion (mine are going to be 35 this summer 😜)

@Fushiakat i’m sorry that you have been dealing with a flareup, take very good care of yourself.

Our weather has been pretty good here so I have been trying to spend a lot of time outside while I can! Our hockey team is still in the playoffs, so it is self inflicted lack of sleep that I have now as we stay awake cheering on our team to go into the next round 🤞🏻. At the gym we have to book our classes ahead and if you don’t book almost exactly 73 hours ahead (that is when they open up the classes) you don’t get in. I am afraid I am tired in the morning and I have not been that on top of it so I have missed a couple of classes this week. Not good, especially since my mother always puts out nibbles when we all go over there to watch the games😜. I was able to get Vannie out for a bike ride yesterday, can I just say she loved it!
    I am also including a picture of her in her doggy backpack:)

wu01c8u51rim.jpeg
    tm6z4a2fthiw.jpeg
    hfa3wiou3r0y.jpeg

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi MS...Another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @infamouscandi :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Another new member heading your way .Please welcome @Kellyisstrong :)
  • Cornanda
    Thursday update:

Goals met for Wed. I did NOT order french fries!

@laurelfit57 - I can't tell you how much I love the pix of Vannie in the backpack. With her serene expression and the beautiful sky it's like taking a picture of happiness. They did offer me the job. Now I have to make up my mind! And FYI- I've been looking for a job for over a year and this is not my first interview, so be patient during your search.

Lisa
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    @leahlsaloser welcome! What beautiful fur babies you have!

@TeresaW1020 I will definitely have to make up those taco sliders., I have never heard of Hawaiian rolls though, I will have to look around for those. I am sure thinking about you two as you go for Joe’s CT scan tomorrow! And good for you on the great work on the summer challenge!!

@kods_102 welcome! Wow! You have done really well so far, good for you!

@Cornanda I am so excited that you’re job interview went so well, congratulations! I love your goals for the new challenge, I know you will really enjoy getting back on track! Our brains definitely play mean tricks on us at times, you talking about french fries made me want to order some fries even though I had just finished supper🤣. Soon you will be fitting into all the “too small” clothes that you have not been able to get into! Will I jinx you if I ask if you heard back from that job interview?

@Frutoschysalis welcome! LOL sounds like you had a very lovely surprise in your uterus🤣. So excited you have joined the team!

@chdh4ever welcome aboard you will get lots of motivation and support here!

@katmary How was the concert? Oh my goodness, I can’t believe your weather! I think we are at about 65°🤣

@trooworld you are becoming a workout queen, good for you! I love that feeling of sore muscles from squats and lunges, it can just leave going to the washroom a bit challenging🤣. That Mexican fiesta tortilla chips and salsa… Super Yum! Pirate pug is too cute for words, look at that face🥰🥰🥰

@micaroo4 what great goals for the challenge! So sorry that you are having problems with your feet, especially with all the activity you do! Hopefully that will get straightened out soon.

@Vegan4lyfe2012 I have never watched a werewolf movie, maybe I should give it a try lol. Congratulations on the loss!

@raquelFit2 welcome aboard! I am right there with you, I believe our furbabies should definitely be spoiled on a daily basis🥰

@tupsundus welcome to the team! I had twins as well, double the pleasure, double the fun, double the exhaustion (mine are going to be 35 this summer 😜)

@Fushiakat i’m sorry that you have been dealing with a flareup, take very good care of yourself.

Our weather has been pretty good here so I have been trying to spend a lot of time outside while I can! Our hockey team is still in the playoffs, so it is self inflicted lack of sleep that I have now as we stay awake cheering on our team to go into the next round 🤞🏻. At the gym we have to book our classes ahead and if you don’t book almost exactly 73 hours ahead (that is when they open up the classes) you don’t get in. I am afraid I am tired in the morning and I have not been that on top of it so I have missed a couple of classes this week. Not good, especially since my mother always puts out nibbles when we all go over there to watch the games😜. I was able to get Vannie out for a bike ride yesterday, can I just say she loved it!
    I am also including a picture of her in her doggy backpack:)

wu01c8u51rim.jpeg
    tm6z4a2fthiw.jpeg
    hfa3wiou3r0y.jpeg

Thanks for the warm welcome! Vannie is adorable❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,781 Member
    @rosemake and the rest of the new members...Welcome to the team!

@Cornanda Oh that stinks. Thank you, I hope it goes smoothly too. Congrats on the job offer, that's awesome! You are right, the fries won't help. But I get it. Good job with the goals and no fries! I hope the pants fit.

@gwamajtw91 Great job.

@laurelfit57 LOL who am I? Yes, it is challenging to go to the washroom lol. Thank you! I'm glad the weather has been good. How exciting that your team is in the playoffs! That stinks about the classes. Awww those pics...everything! She looks like she's really enjoying it.

Hi all. Today is technically my work-from-home day but I am going in while Daisy is in surgery because the vet is kind of close to my work. I've also got a lot to do in the office. Food was decent. I'm not working out again until tomorrow. Have a great day!

30-Days to Summer Challenge (May 21-June 21) commitments for yesterday:
    Work out at least once a week -
    Drink at least 60 oz of water each day - X
    Log at least 2 meals each day - X

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 136
    CW: 138
    We got home this weekend after traveling 21h and while I dropped 6lb of water weight I can’t hide the fact that I overate for the entire 9 days 😋…. and the almost mandatory adult beverage after meals.
    I’m back to plan and the only part I’m not exactly enjoying is making up for lost days at work . Weird how filling in for a person in vacation is a one way street.
    Anyway, things are good, temperatures and humidity are ridiculous and a 3 day weekend is coming.
    Lovely pictures !
  • rosemake
    rosemake Posts: 7 Member
    Hi all, I’ll be 69 in a few weeks, retired at end of Dec, so still trying to find my groove. This challenge is exactly what I need to get remotivated. I’m not very computer savvy so bear with me HA. Live in Denver area, enjoy walking, hiking. Now gotta incorporate weights in my routine. Anyone else on the older side? What’s your routine?
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    @Cornanda yay for no fries!! Huge congrats on being offered the job, I think the thought of that first interview scares me the worst. When you said you practised for your interview, I have no idea what I would practice:/

@trooworld I really hope that Daisy’s surgery went well!

@GabiV125 isn’t it just lovely when all that water weight comes off LOL.

@rosemake welcome aboard. Hmmm… I don’t think I’m really on the older side, but I am definitely very well experienced in life and will be celebrating my 65th birthday this summer. I go to a gym and do two spin classes and two barbell classes a week, then in the summertime I really enjoy riding my bike a couple of hours a day and get out for lots of walks with my pup :-).

Definitely a quick check in tonight, just getting ready to head over to my moms to watch the hockey game :-)! I tried to eat supper later tonight so I won’t be tempted by all her nibbles! These games have been tight and I have been nibbling away my stress🤣🤣

I probably won’t have a chance to check in until Sunday, although I of course will be reading the posts :-). Tomorrow the grand kiddos come over for a sleepover and then on Saturday I am volunteering at a Ukrainian festival, then Sunday we are finally having our mothers day wiener roast, after two postponements. Have a great weekend everybody!
This discussion has been closed.