What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• itsapizzaparty
    itsapizzaparty Posts: 55 Member
    I walked 2 miles and played frisbee at the park. I've been so bored with workout routines, I needed something a little more fun today.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    On Wednesday, I was a bit time constrained. (There was an office party with a 3-line whip to attend), so I just did deadlifts. I worked up to 1 set of 7, 110 kgs. I did my customary lots of walking.

Yesterday, I went climbing. I wasn't in particularly good form. I repeated a lot of stuff I'd done before, but didn't get anything new. 2 hour session.
  • bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    I hit my old 1RM front squat today!!! I am so happy. And then I did one that was 2,5kg heavier too!
    After that we had to do 40-30-20-10 alternating DB snatches and sit ups. I used a 12,5kg DB and it took me 12 min 7 seconds. The snatches were kinda light, I ended up doing the first 40 unbroken, then 16-14, and the 20 and 10 unbroken. I am very slow at sit ups but I managed 20 unbroken in the first set. The rest I divided up in 10s, 7s and 5s, depending on how I was feeling with a few breaths of rest in between.
    I feel super good and very pumped. I didn't sleep enough so I lounged in bed until 10am ish and had a 1500kcal breakfast (double my usual amount) so I think that helped me kick the workout's *kitten*.
  • michaelsmithpa
    michaelsmithpa Posts: 22 Member
    Cardio today
    4 miles on the treadmill (70 mins)
    20 mins of abs
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,691 Member
    Deadlift day today...always a crowd pleaser.
  • Bodenista
    Bodenista Posts: 146 Member
    I walked 2 miles and played frisbee at the park. I've been so bored with workout routines, I needed something a little more fun today.

Omg Frisbee, not played with one of those since I was a child. So much fun!! 😃
  • Bodenista
    After a few very busy days, I got put for a 2 hour walk today. Up and down hills and got those glutes burning. Average speed 6km per hour.

It was a very sunny but very blustery walk which increased the intensity of walking uphill into a head on wind.

So tired, the wind always wears me out for some reason but feeling great 👍
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Been away since I’m a broken record of a usual daily run. Went for a slim shady(8 mile.. get it 😂) run today. The 98% wet state I was in with final I’m good was literally as my shoes started going squish with every strike. Good thing I stopped since I had thought of doing a half-marathon. Well made the right call as my nip pasties were murdered by my sweat. After removing my shirt realized one was gone and the other was barely hanging on for dear life by a tiny bit of remaining adhesive left on it. Good 👍 times…
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Moved some rocks around the yard for a few minutes and then later went on a short walk (mostly to test my new fitness watch). 30 minutes, about ~1.75 miles, gentle incline - mostly Zone 2, but a small dip into Zone 4 when my kid and I ran up some steps, I tripped and almost face-planted. My lightning-fast reflexes saved the day! :D
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    180 minutes on my Elliptical for 12.3 miles.
  • dralicephd
    Tired and sore today (probably from the rock moving yesterday), but my watch was prompting me to do some cardio. I opted for the watch-led dynamic mobility program. It was pretty fun and a good stretch for the hips. Stats: 25 min., all HR zone 2 and below.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Boathouse was supposed to be closed yesterday and today because of some landscape construction work there, but it was mostly completed yesterday, so we were able to row today. This time, I was back in the double (in bow), for a pretty-lazy pace roughly 7k, our usual bridge-to-bridge circuit. First time in the double this season, still pretty weedy (the weeds grab your oars, try to flip the boat), so we kept the pace gentle. It was a lovely day for rowing, flat water, warm but not too warm, sunny.

In a possible moment of foolishness, I committed to row 3 days in a row (Sa-Su-M) - usually I alternate with biking, except for Fri/Sat rowing most weeks. I'm glad I decided to take yesterday as a rest day from formal exercise, when my schedule got a little complicated yesterday.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    I didn't start out thinking I would do this. But when I got to about 15 miles on my Elliptical, I realized since I have to babysit @ 5:30-9 tonight, I wouldn't get a second session in today. And decided to try for something. I wish I knew how up upload photos to the site, to show you. I DID 337 MINUTES ON THE ELLIPTICAL FOR 26.25 MILES. AND I FEEL FINE. GREAT ACTUALLY! As far as any plan this is most likely a one time think. Just wanted to see if I could do it.

You completed a marathon on the elliptical: How cool is that?!! 🥇🏆💪🦵🤩
  • Bodenista
    1 hour gardening and I don't mean light weeding!

It was almost 2 hours of putting gravel into a wheelbarrow in the front garden and wheeling it down 30m to the back garden and distributing it - 3 tonnes of gravel 🥵 All on my own, who says a woman can't do a man's job 💪

My face was puce and I've never sweated so much!

Loved every second and my garden looks amazing. It is a work in progress but I am getting there 🌸🌻
  • dralicephd
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    I didn't start out thinking I would do this. But when I got to about 15 miles on my Elliptical, I realized since I have to babysit @ 5:30-9 tonight, I wouldn't get a second session in today. And decided to try for something. I wish I knew how up upload photos to the site, to show you. I DID 337 MINUTES ON THE ELLIPTICAL FOR 26.25 MILES. AND I FEEL FINE. GREAT ACTUALLY! As far as any plan this is most likely a one time thing. Just wanted to see if I could do it.

Wow! Elliptical marathon! I feel like you should get a medal for that. 😀
  • swimmom_1
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

You completed a marathon on the elliptical: How cool is that?!! 🥇🏆💪🦵🤩

Thank you Ann

• dralicephd
    Bodenista wrote: »
    1 hour gardening and I don't mean light weeding!

It was almost 2 hours of putting gravel into a wheelbarrow in the front garden and wheeling it down 30m to the back garden and distributing it - 3 tonnes of gravel 🥵 All on my own, who says a woman can't do a man's job 💪

My face was puce and I've never sweated so much!

Loved every second and my garden looks amazing. It is a work in progress but I am getting there 🌸🌻

Garden workouts are the best. :)

I mowed our badminton/play field today with a push mower. It took 30 minutes and my watch said the total distance was a half mile. (And most of it I spent in HR zone 3!) Love it when exercising also gets stuff done around the house!

• swimmom_1
    @AnnPT77 You've got a great smile on your face. You definitely enjoyed yourself today!!!