Share Your Day

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,547 Member
    BIG BIG BIG Happy Birthday to you, Bella.
    What a great way to spend the day. Congratulations.
    Must have been a blast to do that shopping!
  • lauriekallis
    edited May 2022
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I thought Laurie was my twin from different parents but momma Yooly is giving her an EXCELLENT run for her money! :kissing_heart:

Aw....I'd kind like to have a brother!!

Yooly is pretty excellent....not sure she's been around this planet enough time to be mom...but one can never have too many moms (especially if they are smart as a whip and a few thousand miles away :) )
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,753 Member
    Heavens Laurie- I am way old enough to be your and PAVs mom. Someday I’ll have to drag my son to Canada to meet his siblings. He’s an only child so far.
  • Yoolypr
    pnovbc8zs276.jpeg

Happy birthday Bella!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Happy Birthday Bella!

I have had a very rough past week…the Shingles about did me in this time….I slept almost three entire days….lots of meds, too many meds….too many pain pills and Benadryl…..I still have chicken pox like scabs on my face and scalp….I have scratches from my nails from itching…..my glands are not swollen now and my ear canal is open….my lower front teeth and my jaw still aches….but I think I am better today….I will be back soon….miss all of you!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    edited May 2022
    Happy B-Day splatty! :smiley: Good thing you're getting it out of your system now as opposed to when you grow up!!!! :lol::kissing_heart: I love aubergines (and egg-plants but not face-plants!) but not ON anything with cocc in it's name!!! :lol::love:
  • Yoolypr
    Get well Connie- we miss you 🥰

I’m back in the gym 3 days a week and doing my physical therapy exercises the other days. So far the hip is doing well and I think my walking gait is improving. Less need to compensate for pain and stiffness. I’ll never get back to my 3 mile outdoor hikes but this will have to do.

Going out to buy some new running/walking shoes. Trying to get errands run early as strong storms predicted later. We’re in a drought so any rain is welcome - as long as it’s not hail and tornado 🌪.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    Happy birthday Bella!!!!!

And Connie, continue to get some rest and take care of yourself. What you are dealing with sounds miserable so feel better soon.

I am just trying to get through the day. I did something to my back a few days ago. Yesterday my pain level was pretty high. Today it does feel better, but still struggling to sit at my desk for work. I am taking Friday off so I have a 4 day weekend (Memorial Day on Monday) so I can catch up on some chores and actually hopefully rest a bit. The only plans I have are grocery shopping Friday morning, Farmer's Market on Saturday morning, and hanging out with my friend on Monday to do some shopping. Otherwise I have some chores to do (clean the kitchen, laundry, the normal stuff) but my aim is to also be a bit lazy.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Another really good dinosaur video tonight, also watched with Boyfriend. (sigh of happiness)

I'm making a batch of rice, mostly for later but partly to get some to go underneath the leftovers from the pepper steak. That way it can either go to work with Boyfriend or be a Sunday evening dinner at random. Either way it's a two ounce portion.

Also getting things out to thaw for making a new quichecake tomorrow. The new one will be chicken bacon ranch. How, you ask? Penzey's sells buttermilk ranch dressing herb mix, which doesn't have sugar or weird chemicals in it, and I have powdered buttermilk. I already cooked a pound of ground chicken with the herb mix and have about a quarter-pound of chopped cooked bacon, and those are thawing out. I'll add shredded Swiss cheese as well. It's weird, but apparently it was really tasty last time I did it.

• conniewilkins56
    Today has been the best I have felt in about 10 days….my tooth and jaw hurt and I don’t know if it is from the Shingle infection which can cause tooth pain or if it is a genuine aching tooth….it’s a bottom front tooth and it looks ok…no swollen gum or evident crack but it hurts and then moves to my left bottom jaw…omg I hate dentists but I made an appointment to see if it is the tooth….I have more money in my teeth than I want to think about….but one bad tooth can cause a lot of health problems so off I will go…daughter just informed me this dentist sends you somewhere else for root canals and crowns so I will most likely have to go all over the place….as I said I hate dentists and I am not in the mood to be poked or prodded!…and we leave next week for the mountains!…I am sure I will be a joy to be around!
  • lauriekallis
    That on top of the dinosaur extravaganza must have you a bit over the moon???!!!!!!!!
  • conniewilkins56
    SO much better today…..gosh it felt good to feel better!
  • lauriekallis
    Good news, Connie. Hope it keeps getting better everyday. You are overdue for some easy times!!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Going to the annual Greek Festival today. Magical, exotic and tasty foods will be sampled!
    I doubt I’ll stay within calorie limits but it’s just one day - and only once a year.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    Got some blood work back from my physical earlier this week. Actually pretty happy with it! My cholesterol has improved. It's not perfect (overall is 5 points over and LDL is like 11 points over) but my HDL and Triglycerides are both perfect. Last year everything was off so I will take it and continue to work on losing weight and being more active.

Took today off since I am off on Monday for the holiday. I have already cleaned the kitchen (wiped down the stove, counters, and sinks, took apart the dishwasher and wiped it all out plus did a vinegar rinse, and swept and swiffered the floors.), cleaned the bathroom (Wiped down the sink, counters, and mirrors, scrubbed the toilet, and swept and swiffered the floors. Was going to do the shower but my back said no.), have laundry going, and now I am working on a meal plan for next week.

I am exhausted now though. I had a bad anxiety day yesterday so took my emergency meds last night to help me sleep. But it just keeps me tired for the next day too. Plus it is cool and rainy so a perfect day to want to cocoon on the couch with the kitties.
  • lauriekallis
    Greek Festival sounds wonderful! Much more fun than cleaning - but look at all you accomplished today, Athijade. We are having the same type of weather here today...no cocooning - but the walking will be a pleasure!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    It has rained like hell all morning. I made orange ginger spice muffins for breakfasts, two batches of chicken in stirfry marinade and two bags of chicken stirfry sauce, and am now going to make the yogurt based marinade for shish tawook and put the chicken in it and seal it up and then I'm going to go have a nap.