Share your Numbers

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,802 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Who are you?

Don’t know yet. Hope I am the leaner, happier person rather than the obese lady waiting to jump out. It’s still a crap shoot at this point.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    Yooly... I have a confession to make! :innocent:

Timeline:
    "move more" Jan - April 2014 (4 months) 5 to 10 lbs
    "maybe try to lose some weight this summer" May to November 2014 (just under 6 months) 39+ lbs
    **ready to give up because "eating least I can / moving most I can--I can't keep doing this forever, so what's the point"**
    "MFP year one" 72.5lbs
    "MFP year two" at the bottom of overweight and almost into normal weight -11.1lbs.
    "MFP year three" **confession** NO CHANGE IN MY OWN MIND--at least initially. But comparing to the previous year I see that per fitbit I slowed down by 31 Cal a day. By my "body" I slowed down 82 Cal a day NOT 31. (remember that I express all errors into a "fitbit error")

And I decided to go with the flow and NOT push to a larger deficit since I was already normal weight, albeit at the top off.

So I was "trying to lose" but decided to coast into maintenance. If you look into my calculations you see that it took another 6 months before I said: OK I continue tracking but I no longer need to look at my numbers every few weeks and watch what I am doing like a hawk. (which is why I don't have summaries past that except for occasional time periods)

Part of this is that somewhere during the 18 months after the -11.1 I started feeling less in need of "fitting" my food into my maintenance calories. I no longer felt that if I didn't optimize my choices I would end up hungry. Yes I could make the occasional suboptimal choice and it was "correctable" with a few tactical bunnies to supplement--or even eat extra one day with nothing bad coming down to crush me... MY opinion is that this was not just hamster management but also hormonally mediated because sufficient time had passed with me at the lower weight.

Less movement makes it hard. I am not sure how overweight you are. And maybe a bit less pressure on knees would be good! But, GENERALLY, sub bmi 27 is not terrible in terms of health outcomes (based on CURRENT HEIGHT though :lol: )
  • Yoolypr
    edited May 2022
    I need to lose the final 20lbs. to be in the 26-27 BMI range. Still overweight but okay. Right now health numbers are all good to excellent for my age. Doctors are not barking! The hip problems seem to be resolving with time. I’ll never be doing marathon walking again but the gym will work.
    So it’s a head game. I can stay where I am comfortably or push forward. And because I’m not a quitter, I plan to go on.
    I have made some good progress since returning from vacation. The kickstarter was lack of access to snacks and mindless grazing. Hanging on to that lesson!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,578 Member
    Love your determination - the two of you. Thank you for bringing it to the MFP table.
  • Yoolypr
    Don’t know if it’s determination or just plain stubbornness! I refuse to be controlled by the need to lose weight into eternity. And I refuse to fail getting to goal even if it’s only for the possibly short time I have left on earth.

🏆I am going to win this fight 🏅
  • lauriekallis
    Frig. "...the need to lose weight into eternity" Does that mean if we die fat we stay fat in heaven?????????
  • Yoolypr
    No - just the here and now. I’d like to reach a point where I don’t wake up each day knowing I need to lose those last 20 lbs.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Yooly, I am the same as you were….I either gain or lose and I do both quickly….I hope I learn how to maintain!…you have done great!
  • lauriekallis
    May 27

Height 175 cm
    GW 75 kg
    Waist 90 cm (down 2 cm from 92cm on Apr 7)
    Last Weight 91.5 (May 19)
    Current Weight 93.1 kg

Okay - not going to comment, just going to post :) (but I will say it is 2 kg better than yesterday!)
  • Yoolypr
    Yooly, I am the same as you were….I either gain or lose and I do both quickly….I hope I learn how to maintain!…you have done great!

Connie, I wish I could share some magic secret to maintaining my weight loss this past year. The only thing I did differently is try really, really hard to stay focused and make wiser choices. I logged everything everyday.

There was no time where I said , well I’m done with tracking. I’ve just accepted that as with any medical condition, I will have to stay in control if I want to stay healthier.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Height: 5'9 / Age: 39

Highest Weight (May 22 2019): 276.8 lbs
    Started MFP for the 3rd time Oct 27 2021
    Oct 31 2021 Weight 258.6 lbs
    Apr 30 2022 Weight 214.8 lbs

LW 5/25 210.8 lbs
    CW 5/28 210.2 lbs
    Loss 0.6 pounds

Loss from 10/31/21 = 48.4 lbs
    Loss from 5/22/19 = 66.6 lbs

Overweight BMI (203 lbs) lose 7.2 lbs
    Healthy BMI (169 lbs) lose 41.2 lbs
    Goal (145 lbs) lose 65.2 lbs
  • PAV8888
    ABD ABD ABD! Like clockwork! 👍
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    When I started losing I had 131.8 pounds to lose to be at my goal of 145. I have lost 66.6 pounds now leaving me 65.2 to goal. I am amazed by my progress. I have lost 1/2 of the weight already. The goal no longer seems unreachable. I know I will get there because I know now that it's possible.

Plus I only have 7.2 pounds until I'm in the Overweight category. I have a doctor appointment on July 12. I was 238.4 at the Dr office on Jan 11. I would love to be 203 or less when I go in July. We'll see. If it doesn't happen that's okay too. I will get there in my own time.

I'm just gonna keep plodding along. Thank you all for your support.

I am so proud and so envious of you and your steady progress losing weight!….I have a chart on my kitchen wall and I only had 40 more squares to check off….now I have 89 to check off…I really need to get my head out of my behind ( . )
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2022
    Gut transit also plays a role! 🤔😘 So 700Cal of bunnies temporarily weigh more than a Costco muffin!!!😹🙀
  • lauriekallis
    Yeah! That is why I keep getting heavier! All those bunnies in my belly :D Slow moving bunnies.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Height: 5'9 / Age: 39

Highest Weight (May 22 2019): 276.8 lbs
    Started MFP for the 3rd time Oct 27 2021
    Oct 31 2021 Weight 258.6 lbs
    May 31 2022 Weight 210.0 lbs

LW 5/31 210.0 lbs
    CW 6/01 209.6 lbs
    Loss 0.4 pounds

Loss from 10/31/21 = 49.0 lbs
    Loss from 5/22/19 = 67.2 lbs

Overweight BMI (203 lbs) lose 6.6 lbs
    Healthy BMI (169 lbs) lose 40.6 lbs
    Goal (145 lbs) lose 64.6 lbs
  • lauriekallis
    Like PAV said - like clockwork! You are doing so very well, ABD. Wow.