So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Replies

• NavyCurls
    NavyCurls Posts: 50 Member
    Viktor - a breakfast chorizo burrito, please.

As a co-worker would say, it's "just another day in paradise" and instead of "another day, another dollar," he would day, "another day, another quarter" lol

It's going to be a warm day at home, but cold here in the office.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,124 Member
    It was another day, another medical appointment for me. Had to go for a mammogram. There are some places where freezing air conditioning is truly unacceptable. @NavyCurls, I can relate. I had a boss who would set the air conditioner on the coldest setting, then when it was unbearable, she’d turn it off! When it got hotter than you know where, she’d turn the air back on. She would do that with the heat, too. The temperature would go from 55 to 90 constantly. I always felt like I had a fever.

Zzyyggy, the temperature was in the low 70’s today. I had to wear my sweatshirt. It was chilly and wonderful. Typical early July weather for you.

Viktor, I’d like the old fashioned pita burger, fries, and a Cheerwine, please. I saw a recipe in Southern Living for Cheerwine cupcakes. Oh, yes! An old fashioned pita burger has coleslaw, chili, American cheese, onions, and mustard on it. Yum 😋. Cupcakes, coffee, and M&M’s for dessert.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 974 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm pooped tonight. Spent the day at the Shelburne Museum. When the gardens come into bloom there I'll take some pictures. I did take a couple of the lilac trees though but haven't down loaded them from the phone yet. I have a membership there and plan to go at least twice a month this summer maybe more. For dinner tonight I would love a big ole greasy cheeseburger with lots of fries, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy! Good to see you. Have a seat. It’s nice when the guys light the fire pits out here on the terrace, isn’t it? I’m just finishing my coffee. I’m so tired tonight because I only got four hours of sleep last night. I think I’ll go to bed early.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Zzyyggy wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm pooped tonight. Spent the day at the Shelburne Museum. When the gardens come into bloom there I'll take some pictures. I did take a couple of the lilac trees though but haven't down loaded them from the phone yet. I have a membership there and plan to go at least twice a month this summer maybe more. For dinner tonight I would love a big ole greasy cheeseburger with lots of fries, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha.

I've never been there but have always wanted to go. My grandfather used to work there a million years ago. I'll bet it's beautiful! Burlington area has everything a city could want and still be small enough to find your way around. Love the Church street area but what is up with all the construction? Have you ever been to that Asian restaurant around the corner where it has a lazy-susan in the middle and you just keep turning to get food from lots of different plates? I can't remember the name of it. :/

Okay, enough small talk. :)

I'm in the mood for food. :) I'd love a spinach wrap filled with lots of turkey, smoked cheddar cheese, spinach, hummus, avocado and a hint of spicy mustard. Some sweet potato fries, onion rings, and for dessert I'd like some Tiramisu. That'd hit the spot today.

Stay well everyone!
  • NavyCurls
    Good morning, ladies.

@LindaK125 - I wish it was my boss, but it's actually the building to controls the AC. I believe most floors are "decent", but since I work on the floor that has the most amount of computer equipment, it's "slightly" colder than the rest, which makes sense. lol

@Zzyyggy - I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I miss going to the local gardens. I haven't gone since I've been married and I don't think my husband would enjoy all the walking around. His knees are bad and getting worse.

@ReenieHJ - when you mentioned Church Street, I immediately though of the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice where Jane is eating with Caroline Bingley and Mrs. Hurst.

Viktor - a chorizo breakfast burrito with mixed fruit and a cold glass of OJ. For lunch, teriyaki chicken with rice and steamed veggies, then fettuccini alfredo with chicken and broccoli and garlic bread. I will be in front of the fire pits.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, when you go to bed early do you wake up really early? Going to bed at 9 pm means I wake up at 3 am. Now I’m really tired and I’ll have to go to bed early again. I’ll give it another try. I was hoping I would sleep for longer. Anyway, Reenie’s order has inspired me and I ordered macaroni and cheese with smoked cheddar and spinach for dinner. Huh, I’m back to ordering macaroni and cheese. In real life we’re having steak and salad with homemade blue cheese dressing, baked sweet potatoes, and broccoli for dinner. Usually dessert is fruit. Of course, at the cybercafe the fruit can be wrapped in puff pastry.

I’m heading out to cyber pool. I’ll spend the rest of the afternoon floating in my pool lounger and sipping sweet tea. I’ll see all y’all for dinner and then later on the terrace around the fire pits. S’mores anyone?
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi everyone, ReenieHJ, alot of the construction is for apartment houses. Whether they are affordable or not remains to be seen, especially in downtown Burlington. I've never been to that Asian restaurant, but wanted to try it. I love going to Church street on the weekends though and watch all the tourists walk up and down.
    Navycurls, Church Street is Burlington's main shopping area. It's all pedestrian during the majority of the day and it has some expensive stores down there.
    LindaK, I do wake up early but usually go right back to sleep.

For dinner tonight I'm going to have the roast beef grinder with the works, potato chips and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I think I'll join the ladies on the terrace tonight. I'm starving.
  • Zzyyggy
    Wow the place is empty today. I think I'll go for a swim first and then have dinner on the terrace. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some barbecued spareribs with potato salad, and bake beans. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and an iced mocha. Now for a few cannonballs while noone is looking
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy! Gee, I almost didn’t make it here today. I was just about asleep and remembered that I had ordered a bedtime snack—a cup of and some lemon shortbread. Yum.
  • NavyCurls
    Work has been crazy. I transferred departments, and I'm starting to get busy.

Anyways, Viktor - a bagel with cream cheese, mixed fruit, and a cold tall glass of OK.
  • LindaK125
    @NavyCurls congratulations on your new job.

Zzyyggy, your order last night sounded so good that I changed my mind and decided to order potato salad and baked beans with barbecue chicken. Cornbread and coleslaw sides and an iced tea, please, Viktor. I’m spending the afternoon by or in the cyberpool. We got just over an inch of rain this morning—in 30 minutes. It poured. Now it’s really humid, but at least the sun is shining.

See you later for Sunset Dessert. Francois hasn’t told me what he’s making for tonight.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi everyone, Navycurls congradulations on you new job hope you enjoy it. Linda we're getting rain today. Lots of it, and wind. Not a good day to be outside. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the surf and turf with french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie, vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll sit out on the terrace and enjoy the view.
  • LindaK125
    Great sunset at the cybercafe tonight. Wish I could see the sunset at my house—we’re tucked into the east side of a hill. Apple pie a la mode for Sunset Dessert. 😋 Thanks for asking Francois to make apple pie. I think I’ll sit out here on the terrace a little while longer and enjoy the evening.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda. We had a cool down today. The high is 68 degrees. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a bacon cheeseburger with fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Before dinner though I think I'll go for a swim in the pool and then have dinner on the terrace. I can see the sunset from my place and some of them are just gorgeous.
  • NavyCurls
    Thanks everyone. It's not really a new job, but a move back to an old job. But it's all good. Tomorrow, my family is getting together for a crab boil, so I need to be good today.

Viktor, for dinner, a Santa Maria tri tip, mashed potatoes, a dinner roll with butter, and a side salad with ranch dressing. A lemon square for desert, please.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi everyone, we're back into Summer. Gorgeous day today with perfect temps. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a barbecued steak with potatoes, and corn on the cob with lots of butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I think I'll sit out on the terrace tonight. Navycurls your order sounded good too.
  • LindaK125
    @NavyCurls —a crab boil! 😋 We went to a local barbecue place to celebrate our daughter-in-law’s birthday. I had plenty to eat, but no birthday cake! The lemon squares and chocolate chip cookies sound good, however, birthday cake is required. Growing up, my mom always made her mother’s german chocolate cake, with vanilla icing, not that sticky, too sweet stuff that appeared in the 1950’s. Grandma used two eggs in her recipe. I have noticed that today’s recipes call for four eggs. I’m wondering if three eggs would be best. Two eggs create a crumbly cake and four eggs can make the cake rubbery. Of course, Francois always make perfect cakes. And Viktor always make the most divine coffee. Thank you Viktor.
  • LindaK125
    Hope everyone had a good holiday and took a moment to remember our fallen heroes, as well.

Here at the cybercafe the the grills are at the ready. The brick oven is all fired up and I think there’s going to be pizza for tonight. I’m looking forward to a deep dish vegetable pie (oozing with cheese) for dinner.

Viktor is making my favorite iced tea with scoops of lemon sorbet for right now. I can float around the pool on my pool lounger. The lounge comes with an umbrella and a drink holder so I’m all set.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, Happy Memorial day. I'm going to have barbecued chicken wings tonight with potato salad, and green beans, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of the red, white and blue cake Francois made with an iced mocha. Igor certainly decorates the place up for any holidays. I love all the flags around very patriotic as well as the red, white and blue pool colors. I think I'll go for a swim before dinner though.