pipcd34 Posts: 16,506 Member
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    Through pg 66
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    50th HS reunion this weekend! I don’t feel that old.

I hope you have a wonderful time. I love reunions- I am in charge of my class. Just had a combination class(our reunion was canceled because of covid so the next class added us in so we worked together, then they added two more classs-it was a lot of fun but our next one will be just the two classes I think.

Having Facebook has really helped reconnect with classmates but also, you get to see what they look like now and not be totally shocked at how much they have changed in 40-50 yrs ;)

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

I've never been to a reunion. I had just moved to Australia when my class has their 25th. Later, some of my cousins put on a big extended family reunion, but I think that was in the year of my husband's accident and we couldn't go.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited May 2022
    exermom wrote: »
    M – you are required to mow your lawn because of snakes? You can keep them, thank you very much

Michele NC

Snakes like long grass. We're encouraged to keep our yards fairly trim, especially if people might be walking up a footpath or something.

Tiger snakes are fairly common right around here.

https://nre.tas.gov.au/wildlife-management/fauna-of-tasmania/reptiles-and-frogs/tasmanian-snakes
    Tasmania has three species of land snake:
    Tiger snake, Notechis scutatus
    Lowland Copperhead, Austrelaps superbus
    White-lipped snake, Drysdalia coronoides
    k81qzaq3muzj.png

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Machka — Snakes are not animals that I like. I certainly don’t want to be surprised by one. I like animals with hair, legs, feathers and/or fins.
  • Machka9
    gikyem527w7v.png

:grin:
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    edited May 2022
    Hi 👋 everyone. Hope you are all ready to have a super weekend, in your own way, of course.

Annie: Hoping your dad is really OK. (((Hugs)))
    Julie: 🙋‍♀️
    Lisa: I love Pottery Throwdown, and the Sewing Bee. Does watchingI three or four episodes of old series on BBC iPlayer count as binge watching? 🤔 I watched the first four episodes of Heroes a few days ago, as it’s coming back on our screens. It helps me remember what the plots were.😝
    Machka: 🐍 Very little chance of 🐍 in the long grass in Ireland. 😂 Reclutter graphic. Don’t need a book for that one! It seems to happen all on it’s own.

When we got our own home and had children, I planned to stay at home. It took about 6 weeks after the youngest went to school for me to start climbing the walls and looking for something more appealing. Tried a few things before deciding to go back to school and become a teacher. It was a great decision for me. It also meant that I got to spend school holidays with my girls, and still got paid.
  • Machka9
    Cycling today ...

12i6xvsv7bp0.png
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    B)
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,355 Member
    B)

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    @TerriRichardson112 @cityjaneLondon thanks for the shout outs!
    Today okay so far in some levels. not many steps. food relatively light. Had a felafel minus the bread out at lunch. surely among the cheapest non sandwich meals out to be had. A felafel plate cost twice, so I said I'd order the felafel and just eat around it (I'm GF). finally he gave me the innards on a plate. It was good, with a cup of non-sweet Marocain green tea. The felafel balls were good. the green tea so so but can't beat the price.
    only 2300 steps so far today. 18000 yesterday though! An 60-80 min walk yesterday (about 8500 steps) plus several errands.

lots to do and I need a little break.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    @cityjaneLondon I can relate about needing to pull back on calories with lesser exercise.
    When very young I ate a lot and exercised a lot, partly to burn it off, and partly out of antsy ness. Older I found it way less time and energy consuming to eat less and exercise just moderately normally. Now I'm exercising even less and am facing challenge of slow creep. I have gained about
    a kilo per year. 7700 calories in a kilo. That makes about 21 calories per day. That's almost nothing. so incidental. but over 10 years...it adds up. it's like some literature saying. (I'm unable to find it, does anyone know it). something to the effect of.

2O pounds a year income and 19,97 spent adds up to happiness and 20 pounds a year income and 20,03 spent adds up to hell.
    Anyone know the precise quote and where it comes from? it's some classical English literature I'm pretty sure.... same with calories anyway.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Lisa’s Egg. :D:D:D Having a good time at 50th HS reunion! Some unexpectedly warm greetings have really humbled my heart. Yesterday, with my closest friends, went around to 3 of the small local cemeteries and found several family graves, as well as those of some dear friends. Got too much sun & hot wind, so cheeks are rosy. Brunch this morning and pictures/dinner/DJ tonight. One more visit to a grave marker our class bought for one of our classmates. Should be a good day. Home tomorrow.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Good morning lovely ladies! This week has been a struggle....I'm tired and have had a headache every day, thankfully none bad or migraine like but very frustrating. I lose all motivation in the evening when I feel this way. The scale is somehow down slightly this morning which is encouraging but still not where I had hoped. I'm also feeling very emotional for no real reason. Okay, I know a little bit why but still no reason to want to cry. The weather is very up and down so that doesn't help. Time to check off my "to do" list and hopefully that will improve my mood along with a nice nap this afternoon!

Have a fabulous day and enjoy your long weekend for anyone in the US, it was our turn last weekend here in Canada!

Shelley in PEI, Canada
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    edited May 2022
    Julie -
    First, we would all do well to remember the frequently quoted Mr Micawber principle. His advice in David Copperfield was this: 'Annual income 20 pounds, annual expenditure 19 [pounds] 19 [shillings] and six [pence], result happiness. Annual income 20 pounds, annual expenditure 20 pounds ought and six, result misery. '

I've lost around a pound this week, mighty relieved. I hope I can keep this up. 3 weeks until the cruise.
    My back is still improving, so I'm up to 600 a day now and will hold it at that. I am spending 20 minutes of that on back stretching and strengthening.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2022
    Shelley from PEI — Welcome! What a beautiful place! My first thought was Anne of Green Gables. Loved that series and watched it with my son & daughter many years ago. ⭐️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,506 Member
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,803 Member
    B) 👽🌵☀️🧘‍♂️❤️🔆
    Just playing!
    RvRita